“Rude service! ”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“Rude service! ”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

This was meant to be a birthday "treat" for me from my husband. It was our second time visiting and just as before, the service was horrendous. We only came back in the hope we would have another waiter and the service would improve. I had only been sat for 10 minutes and the waiter complained to me TWICE that I was taking too long to order my starters and mains, he then said the restaurant was due to peak and basically wanted us in and out ASAP to make room for other couples. The food is average and the service is atrocious, I really can't believe the manager still has the same waiter even after several people have complained. It really is worth going out of Coventry for a special meal just to get away from poor service at Akbars.

6 Thank Hunger_Gamez

“Great Super always a delight at a reasonable price”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Attentive service always on hand and only too happy to please you with another drink. Very pleasant for my daughters birthday with her friends and boy did they enjoy it - Thanks again Noswal. Just looking for another excuse to go back. Maybe a quieter night !!!

Visited September 2013
“Saturday nite blues”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Lets go out tonight I said to my wife, I really feel like an Indian meal.

Our favourite venue has alway been Akbar in Coventry.

Unfortunately, this excellent restaurant with a huge following has become a victim of its own success. Recently extended, its seating capacity increased, never known to turn anyone away, always full on a Saturday nite, there seems to be additional staff but the kitchen can obvious not cope.

When will restaurants learn, maximum capacity and good food does not mix. Do not over stretch your staff and resources.

A pleasant evening out to our favourite Indian restaurant was spoilt by poor bad tempered service, a long wait in between courses, our two course meal took 2 hours.

We were hungry we did come to while away the nite, we wanted good food delivered at a reasonable pace.

End result, good food but evening spoilt due to terrible service and staff unable to offer a sincere "I give a dam".

Yes our friend the Owner was apologetic, he knocked 12% off the bill, but that still left £50 for a very unhappy nite out.

We will certainly think twice in future as to whether eating out on a Saturday nite is worth the hassel. A crowded restaurant is a good sign but who suffers as a result ?

No doubt about it this place is good, but the service, and its not the first time, needs real attention otherwise regulars like us will seek other places.

• Visited October 2013
“Poor food and Service”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

8 of us visited on a Friday night. The service was poor and the food poor also. £180 for 8 of us will not be returning here! Shimla Spice is better and cheaper.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Marcel F
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Excellent service, food and atmosphere. Very friendly staff fell at ease.Best meal had out for years! Cannot wait to return

• Visited August 2013