“if you're asian expect to be treated like second class citizen. VERY POOR!”
Review of Akbar

Akbar
Ranked #70 of 589 Restaurants in Coventry
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2013

after my first time with a mate, we really couldn't understand why were we pushed to the back of the room, served after people who arrived after us and also we left after people who arrived after us due to a poor service. today it was my little sisters bday and she wanted chase akbars. deep down i did not want to come here from 2 previous experiences but as it was her bday i agreed. got here at 7.45 and didnt get main courses till 10pm. AGAIN i noticed people arriving after us and getting served before us and leaving way before we got our mains. we were the last ones, left in the place and to be honest i felt very offended. maybe the staff still think we are living in the 60s and feel they need to prioritise english people first.
i run a successful family business myself but could never see us treating customers differently due to origin and race.
this is the first time i have ever commented on a restaurant and its only because i really felt i had to as i was very annoyed today.
been to many top restaurants before and have never ever been made to feel this way so a negative comment is given when due and its not usually like me to complain.

poor.... very poor
also ordered a whiskey and coke, paid for it but never got to see it for some reason and we probably paid more than most tables there.
take note guys, every paying customer is a customer

5  Thank housebrigade

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We visited this restaurant after multiple recommendations and what a great choice it was. We were welcomed and shown to a table straight away. The restaurant is huge inside and there are intimate dining areas which add to the appeal. The food was beautifully prepared and the service was exceptional. Overall this restaurant is highly recommended as we had a perfect meal in a perfect restaurant.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Having tried many a curry house in Coventry and far afield, without doubt all round Akbars is a fantastic Indian restaurant. From the high end decor or the quality food you will have a nice enjoyable meal here. Yes on a Saturday night you will have to wait a bit longer that is because it's peak time for the best Coventry has to offer. If you want to bring your own booze, and are looking for a cheaper restaurant then there are plenty of them in Coventry.

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

This was meant to be a birthday "treat" for me from my husband. It was our second time visiting and just as before, the service was horrendous. We only came back in the hope we would have another waiter and the service would improve. I had only been sat for 10 minutes and the waiter complained to me TWICE that I was taking too long to order my starters and mains, he then said the restaurant was due to peak and basically wanted us in and out ASAP to make room for other couples. The food is average and the service is atrocious, I really can't believe the manager still has the same waiter even after several people have complained. It really is worth going out of Coventry for a special meal just to get away from poor service at Akbars.

6  Thank Hunger_Gamez
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Attentive service always on hand and only too happy to please you with another drink. Very pleasant for my daughters birthday with her friends and boy did they enjoy it - Thanks again Noswal. Just looking for another excuse to go back. Maybe a quieter night !!!