“Superb business lunch”

Price range: US$7 - US$49
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, British
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: At the Blue Bistro restaurant we offer a fabulous menu featuring modern British cuisine with a Mediterranean twist, based upon great, preferably local, seasonal ingredients, ethically sourced and cooked with passion. Despite the quality of our food, it is still possible to lunch at Blue for a fiver. Awards include the Warwickshire & Worcestershire Life Food & Drink Newcomer of the Year 2012 and an OpenTable Diners Award as one of the top ten most romantic restaurants in the UK and Ireland. The dining area at Blue covers two floors of a beautiful medieval building dating back to 1450, the exposed beams of which are complemented by striking wooden furniture to create an elegant ambiance and a unique dining experience. The building was formerly a pub called the Green Dragon - reputedly the model for the inn featured in George Eliot's Middlemarch.The restaurant is situated on the historic Spon Street, in Coventry City Centre, an easy walk from the Belgrade Theatre, the Skydome and its Odeon cinema, Ikea and, of course, Coventry Cathedral.We have good disabled facilities, but if you have mobility issues please let us know to ensure that your table is not upstairs!Unlike many restaurants, we are happy to welcome children.
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Brilliant food, attentive service and quiet enough to do business. Choice of a quick bites and winter warmer menu.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Blue Bistro was one of my best restaurant experiences. The kindness and humility of the staff was truly admirable and everybody was incredibly welcoming. The menu offered many choices and had been updated since my last visit, there was an extensive wine menu and the decor was stunning. The restaurant was busy, but they managed to accommodate us despite having not made a reservation, and service was quick. Prices are good and the atmosphere was very relaxing and welcoming. 5 stars from me!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

we used to go here a lot but I think it has changed hands and it has lost some of the spark and most of the beer ! Hardly any choice of beer so my husband was disappointed. My red wine wasn't great either :( Food was great but took a long time. Not sure if I will be going back anytime soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Visited on a Saturday night. The restaurant was half full and we were seated quickly. A waiter took our drinks order and we shared a lovely bottle of red which was a bit pricey for what it was.

The menu is short but everything sounded lovely and they cater well for vegetarians. We both chose chicken in a bacon sauce which was well cooked, not dry and really tasty, the accompanying veg was fresh and cooked just right.

A really nice restaurant with a cosy romantic atmosphere.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I visited Blue Bistro with my 14 year old daughter as a treat on Saturday night. The restaurant itself had warm, welcoming feel to it and despite the fact that it was full (which for 7pm in a restaurant in coventry is unusual) The service was spot on, the waiter was very attentive without being over bearing. He allowed my daughter to choose hand cut chips with her meal instead of mash (typical!) and we had just the right amount of time in between courses. Our meals were delicious, as evidenced by our clean plates and I was also aware of the table of theatre goers next to us commenting on being in 'food heaven' which made my daughter laugh! I was also impressed with the cost of the meal, it was so reasonable. Overall, I would definitely recommend a visit to Blue, I will certainly be going back.