“Not the Best Nights Sleep”

Premier Inn Coventry East (M6,Jct2) Hotel
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Not the Best Nights Sleep”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Well I have stayed in many premier inns on business but this one is quite noisy you can hear the people above you and the rooms next door.
But on the plus side the staff are friendly and the rooms are clean and tidy.
They have a Taybarns restaurant next door which is eat as much as you like with plenty of choice.
I would stay here again but I would request a room on the top floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Frinton-On-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed at this Premier Inn as we were going to the Gadget show at the NEC in Birmingham.Coventry Premier inn was a great choice, after looking at premier inns in Birmingham and deciding they were too expensive (due to the airport and the NEC being near) we hunted a bit further afield and found this one.Only 15-20 mins away from the NEC we realised what a perfect choice we had made. A great location , with great leisure and dining facilities all around. We were journeying on the next day to Premier inn at Bristol but we now wished we had stayed and explored Coventry and the surrounding areas. We will most definitely be staying here again. the staff were so friendly and helpful and they had put two yellow plastic ducks in the bath with a sign for the children to visit reception for a surprise. When they went to get the surprise the children received a cone of sweets each , such a thoughtful lovely touch which we have never had in any other premier inn. And the lady on reception was so good with the children. She even remembered the next day when we were checking out why we had come to stay and told us to have a lovely day at the Gadget show. I would most definitely recommend this Premier Inn and look forward to going back to explore the area another year.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have stayed here many times before, but I had an awful experience, being woken up at 5.45
with something continuously banging above my room, when I mentioned this to the receptionist all she said was. next time you stay ask for a room on the top floor! I complained by email to Whitbread and in all fairness they have refunded myself and my colleague.
Let's hope that was a one off

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Lovely big room with extra bed (no extra cost) along with the double bed - spotlessly clean. Tea and coffee making facilities and good bathroom. Only stayed one night for family party nearby. Really comfortable beds. Good value. Didn't stay for b/fast in the Taybarn next door. Reception staff very friendly and efficent. All round very good for the money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
UK
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed here for one night on a work trip as needed make an early start at an event at the Ricoh Arena.

I had a lovely welcome on arrival and my room (33) was beautifully clean with one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.

After a disappointing late dinner at the Taybarns adjacent to the hotel I had a very good nights sleep.

Check out was quick, breakfast was a vast improvement on the dinner & overall I felt refreshed and ready to face the day.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed here a few times, everything always been fine. Last stay was in room 32 above main entrance, noise of door disturbed me throughout the night even though we were on 2nd floor. Was told room 14 directly above had received the same complaint in the past. Was given money back without a problem. Will continue to use this hotel but not room 32 or 14.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Very clean hotel and loads of parking space. There is a buffet next to the hotel & breakfast place. Bed was very comfy, shower was good pressure and I had a good stay. The hotel is well secure for the guest plenty of tea and coffee. The only thing I need to pay was internet as they give you only 30 mins free. So 3 quid for one day which is not that bad. Friendly desk staff.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business