“brilliant weekend”

Premier Inn Coventry East (M6,Jct2) Hotel
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This has got to be the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The room was spotless (even the remote control). The staff were lovely, putting themselves out to make our stay as enjoyable and as comfortable as possible. The Tyburn, next door was great too. Good choice of breakfast.i am dairy and gluten intolerant, so took my own milk and porridge and the chef made it for me every morning (to perfection). Nothing ever seemed to much trouble. Staff were very friendly. We will be staying at this hotel again when we have to come up north again. In fact we have already booked for Gardeners World, next year.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Coventry East (M6,Jct2) Hotel

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for two and a half weeks while my spouse was in the local hospital. I found the hotel to be comfortable and suited my needs perfectly, but the overwhelming feature was the friendliness of all the staff who bent over backwards to help me in any way they could. I owe a big thank you to them.

Room Tip: As you would expect in a Premier Inn, all rooms are very similar.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The Restaurant next to this hotel has a fixed price eat as much as you like help yourself model.
It is competing with a Nandos and Pizza Hut close by in the retail/leisure park.
The customer base is a wonder to behold......

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel looks like the home of a 60 a day smoker. Dull decor, dated rooms and old TV's. The adjacent "all you can eat" restaurant offers plenty of choice but was busy and noisy. Worst of all my van was broken into and £6000 worth of equipment was stolen. The CCTV cameras at the hotel are ineffective and apparently theft is quite commonplace here (words from the police)

• Stayed: August 2014
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Coventry East (M6,Jct2) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for your review. Please be assured we take the security of our guests very seriously, unfortunately car crime is a national menace. While we have safeguards in place we are unable to completely irradiate this issue, however please be assured we are working closely with the local police to provide the best security for our guests vehicles. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This Premier Inn is conveniently situated close to Coventry and a short distance from the M6. The last sign however points you away from the entrance and towards the exit.
Booking was easy, the price was right and Reception was totally painless with my room requirements matched as always
The hotel itself and its room were well up to the usual Premier Inn high standard with the traditional items provided. Rather nicely, management had provided extra items for the hospitality tray in case of shortage.
However, after a somewhat traumatic 5 hour journey I repaired to the next door 'hostelry' to recharge batteries a little with a pint. Big mistake! The bar, such as it was seemed to be infested with semi-feral children running wild whilst being regarded with affection by their indulgent parents. I was told that there would be a 20 minute wait for table!
I then repaired to my room to rest for an hour. On returning I found approximately fifty people queuing to get in. I don't do this as a hotel guest.
Nearby are several places that, although seeming popular don't provide what I think of as food so that evening I made do with 2 packets of crisps from a machine in the hotel foyer that then broke down.
On the Saturday evening I visited the nearby Tesco (with 6 friends who had had a similar experience to mine). Together we bought sandwiches, pies and biscuits and after another fraught visit to the bar returned to our rooms for 'dinner'.
I am a long-time fan of Premier Inn and a regular visitor but next time I am in this area I shall feel obliged to try somewhere else in order to retain what is left of my sanity.

Room Tip: Be prepared or go without.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here (rm 46) for 1 night as a stopover from down south to the West Midlands. We had a prompt, friendly check-in and found our room. The room and bathroom were clean and modern in decor. There were no bells and whistles, (I mean, it's not the Hilton people!) however I cannot stress enough how clean it was and the bed and pillows were soooo comfortable with fresh, white linens. The a/c was a nice addition and we had a great sleep with the heavy curtains to block out the morning light. If you're looking for a budget, basic hotel...this is it! You can't go wrong. We opted for the breakfast option and ate a fry-up next door at Taybarns who were equally as friendly. There were tea making facilities in the room and lots of storage - plenty of room too. Overall, very happy and I was sad to have to leave that bed in the morning :)

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Staying here while visiting family we found the Premier Inn to be comfortable and clean. More of a business hotel we still found it more than adequate for our needs. The Taybarns next door was great for breakfast and a drink in the evening, and location is great for shops and road access.

Stayed: July 2014