“Avoid ordering online from them though Just Eat etc”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bengal Spice

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bengal Spice
Ranked #383 of 568 Restaurants in Coventry
Price range: US$20 - US$27
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Avoid ordering online from them though Just Eat etc”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I sent Bengal Spice an order through Just Eat and they manually accepted it only to call me back a couple of minutes later to tell me that their Delivery Driver had broken down, then in the next breathe he told me that the Delivery Driver had in fact gone home. When I asked them to assist me with getting a refund, the guy told me that i'd need to take it up with Just Eat. I am sure that the restaurant are supposed to initiate a process to assist and otherwise I have to wait 5 days to escalate it with Just Eat. The restaurant have made clear that they won't help me. Given that it was 01:15am and they close at 2am, it's clear to me that they couldn't be bothered to deliver 2 miles away.

Very quick to take my money and manually accept my order before refusing me. They should have declined the order to begin with. Appalling service, the guy clearly couldn't care less. I don't have a lot of money.

“very good food”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Great food, good service. first time been there. cant complain. I would recommend it to everyone....

“No Response!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have been here before and although the staff and the restaurant were poor the food was lovely. I really fancied the curry I had again so we decided to order as a takeaway instead, after waiting about 40 minutes Just Eat called and said that the restaurant is not accepting the order and wont answer their phone!

“Awful”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Was disgusted. Ordered over the phone. After 45mins had a call back to say food still not cooked die to no chef and would be a further wait. Was no apology. Spoke to the manager who has poor telephone manners. Wouldnt recommend!!!!

Visited July 2014
“Joke”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Ordered food for 6 people on 29th July.after waiting over an hour for our delivery we phoned the place only to be met with denial and total apathy from the guy in the phone.totally pissed off we ordered from a place slightly closer that turned out to be over £10 cheaper.will never bother with you ever again

• Visited July 2014