“Not more than one night”

Premier Inn Coventry City Centre (Belgrade Plaza) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I had to stay in this hotel for ten days as I was seeking permanent accommodation. My advice to fellow travelers is try to avoid it if you are a smoker and planning to stay for more than a day. I had to come down every time I needed a smoke, and as far as my knowledge serves me, there are no smoking rooms.
Do not expect much from the staff as they can be cold and indifferent. The plus side is, the pillows and bed stand true to being Premier Inn's trademarks of a comfortable sleep. It is clean and do put up the do not disturb sign, as the cleaners come frequently during the day and knock to clean the room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank renovung

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Nice quiet hotel in terms of the rooms and accommodation standard. But it is worth bearing in mind that the meal deal or the Premier Inn breakfast does not match up to the general national standard, which one sees in their chain. My husband bought the full English breakfast facility but was very surprised to find that this was not the normal buffet selection but was ordered and plated in the kitchen. This meant that cereals or any similar starter tended to be a bit rushed and that there was no chance of 'seconds' because suddenly the hot food arrived. This did mean that a relaxed breakfast which one normally expects at a Premier Inn was not possible. My husband will certainly not avail himself of this facility again at this hotel. He felt this became an exceptionally 'expensive' option.

Room Tip: Ask for a rear facing room ie not overlooking main road
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had a very warm welcome when we arrived. Staff at reception smiled at us each time we passed and asked if everything was ok. Staff in the restaurant were just really lovely people. The second morning at breakfast, they remembered where we had sat and asked if we wished to sit at the same table. The breakfast was delicious and we were not disappointed at all - cooked exactly as we asked. I suggest paying for the full breakfast (very reasonable prices compared to other Hotels) as you shouldn’t miss it. We were flying with a company that does not allow check-in (or get your Boarding Pass) until 36 hours prior to departure. I asked reception if they could do this for us and were told that it would not be a problem at all. Many thanks to all the staff, Including Housekeeping (our room was spotless) for all your help.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Premier Inn are a good hotel chain in the UK and provide overall a good quality of service. I stayed here on business for about a week and the room was very nice - I would suggest this is a 3* hotel? Coventry itself is a rather drab city - the exception being the Cathedral quarter, transport museum and aircraft museum (out of town). It was good to return to this hotel each night - also around the corner is a marvellous Café Rouge which is always worth a visit. I would say Premier Inn offer a more business and functional hotel service but with a hint of above the normal. Of all the budget hotels in the UK they seem to be the best. Very friendly staff - I saw the Receptionist helping some guests who needed to go to the hospital and she was very helpful and kind to them.

Room Tip: From my experience this is the best hotel in central Coventry by far...you need to travel outside th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great central location, parking next door (reduced price for premier inn customer £7.50 for 24hrs) nice cafe/bar.
Bit of a queue for breakfast because it was a busy weekend but we were with a big group who all needed breKfast at a similar time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2014

From check in to check out the staff at this premier inn could not have been more helpful. They were interested and engaged with all the guests and really made this feel more than a budget hotel.

The room its self was clean, comfortable and functional as you would expect from the premier inn.

Location is very central to the city and walking distance to the main attractions and nightlife. Parking is £7.50 for 24 hours which for city centre is alright and is close to hotel

We ate in the restaurant which was nice but there is a pizza express and various other restaurants on the same complex if you fancy something else

Overall great stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2014

No one to check us in as they were playing around behind the bar took 5 minutes to get noticed. One guy was playing around with the safe. Fire alarm 20mins even though it was false it took this long to silence it a 12:30am in the morning. Woke up at 6am with no hot water and has to shower with ice cold water and I was given an excuse that everyone is sharing the water. Only a few people were affected but 3 boilers were broken and all floors had no hot water. No one to great me for breakfast I sat myself down and waited 10 mins. Ordered an omelette because I was now late. The omelette was horrid it was like beaten egg poured into a frying pan and burnt. like a dry fried egg with no yolk and no flavour. Breakfast was left and took a yoghurt instead. Don't stay here unless you are desperate. Other PTI no problem and we have stayed there about 300+ times

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard S
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Coventry City Centre (Belgrade Plaza) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014