“Good value and good food.”
Review of COSMO Coventry

COSMO Coventry
Ranked #54 of 585 Restaurants in Coventry
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: International
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Grab a plate and take a food journey far across the seas to exotic shores at Coventry’s Ultimate World Buffet, where 120 dishes from more than 10 countries are all yours for the taking - and all for one set price. With Japanese, Indian, Chinese, Italian, Thai, Mexican and traditional carvery all on offer - you can even have your food prepared in front of you at our live cooking stations, including our popular and spectacular teppanyaki grill, our noodle bar and robata grill. Don’t forget to visit our dessert section, where you’ll find fresh fruit, cakes, jellies and our famous Belgian chocolate fountain. We pride ourselves on being a family friendly venue, where kids eat half price - or for just £1 on our fundraising Family Tuesdays - discounts are available for seniors, students, NHS, Police, Fire Service and Armed Forces, we also offer a FREE Bottle of Prosecco on your birthday and our exclusive Surf 'n' Turf Wednesdays. Unlimited lunch starts at £7.50 and dinner from £13.99.
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Visited COSMO for the first time and really enjoyed our visit, thought it was extremely good value and the food was very very good! Staff were very friendly and helpful. It was very busy and therefore quite noisy but it looked as though everyone was enjoying their food! Ideal opportunity to try a variety of food that I have never tried before. A very good experience and certainly look forward to our next visit.

1  Thank Kate O
There are newer reviews for COSMO Coventry

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Read reviews here and I have to say if anyone can tell we where I get a better lunchtime meal for under £7 I would like to know where. I go to this restaurant just about every week once a week for lunch because they have a good variety of food and good customer service which has improved in last 3 or 4 months.
I am I bit partial to this restaurant because I enjoy it so much so I thought we would try Feast Function to see how they compared again this was in the afternoon, well we took one look at the lack of selection and the food and left and headed straight to Cosmos, maybe they better in the evenings.
Anyway it's Cosmo all the way for me until I find somewhere else that I can enjoy even nearly as much, and even if or when I do I will still be a regular customer. Keep up the good work Cosmo and do not take the salt n pepper prawns off the lunchtime menu or you may lose a weekly customer.

1  Thank Edwin A
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This is the 2nd time I have come here for lunch ........never again. Thought it was a blip the 1st time! Food is cold and dishes not replaced when food runs out! Very disappointed

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We visited this resturant for my daughters graduation. The resturant is very large and caters for hundreds of people. This was clear to see where the food was concerned. Mass produced and of poor quality. Although there was plenty of choice the food was very salty and lacked flavour. Great probably for the student population locally but not for people wanting something nice to eat.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I will always eat at Cosmo because it is by far the best buffet place in and around town.

I am however sad to see that the place seems to be falling apart. On my last visit the handrail on the main stairs was falling off and the toilets could do with a lick of paint and a good scrub. A month or so before the downstairs toilets smelt so strongly of damp, it was very unpleasant, but they were still in use.

I run a restaurant myself and I am frustrated to see that these jobs could be sorted by spending a little money and put right in a day or so max! I will still come here to eat with my girlfriend but I would hesitate in bringing family here as it would be a little embarrassing in its current state.

By no means do I want this to sound like a bad review on the food, because it's great, but something needs to be done about the environment as it undermines the quality of the food.

1  Thank sam j