“ABC MOTEL”
Review of ABC Motels

ABC Motels
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coventry
ABC Motels
Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 26 September 2011

i stay one night on saturday

good points
located in the city center of coventry
shops and food are all in walking distance
rooms are very clean and well put together
if u book online you can get for £35
frewview and powreshower 10/10
nice little kicthenette
staff very helpfull

other points
metel can be noisey if u get a room on the low roadside
very hard to locate if yur driving
the sat nav will take u up and down and round and round iv never seen so many round about and one ways signs
lack of freeparking
I CHANGED ROOMS TWICE DUE TOO SMALL LITTLE FAULTS IE FAULTY FRIDGE, BEEN GIVEN FOUR SINGLE BEDS AND NOT A DOUOBLE BED ROOM, BUT STAFF WILL MAKE ALL YUR PROBLEM GO AWAY

worth a stay as its very cheap and cheerfull

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 September 2011

I found this to be a really good inexpensive, clean, comfotable and easily accessable place to stay. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. As an older person visiting the NAC Stoneleigh for the first time where my daughter was riding in the De Luxe Dressage Championships and being a bit apprehensive, relying on public transport I found this the perfect place to stay. I went prepared for self catering which saved me having to go far and I would certainly use them again. I think Catherine072 has said it all except I heard hardly a peep out of the people in the next room, just enough to know I was not the only resident. I think it is a pleasant haven in a busy world. Well done to the staff.

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor and was very quiet in spite of being in the middle of the city.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I travelled to Coventry to attend a conference held at the University of Warwick. On-campus accommodation had been offered, still, the proximity of the city to the campus, as well as the good bus connection (Number 12) have prompted a stay in the city, rather than on a pleasant, yet of necessity artificially sculpted university campus.

The ABC-Motel had been found on the Internet, and I would encourage potential travellers to persevere beyond the somewhat less-than-expected facade of the building. It was very difficult to fall in love with at first sight. However, the Hotel has proved to be everything it did not promise in its appearance. The staff were lovely, friendly, and efficient throughout my three-day stay. A map of the city centre was offered, and the locations and routes to the historic amenities readily illuminated. The city centre is literally five minutes away from the front door, as is the bus station, and a well-stocked Sainsbury's. The latter is relevant, as the Hotel is a self-catering establishment, something that had been overlooked at the time of making the booking, and was a delightful surprise upon arrival. The microwave, the refrigerator, the ample kettle and the sparkling kitchen sink made for an easy solution to meals.

The bed was comfortable, the shower generous and warm, the heating in the room could be controlled by the tenant, not somewhere remotely, and was very efficient, and cleanliness was remarkable throughout.

The only shortcoming to comment on is the inadequate sound insulation between the rooms. If the tenants next door raised their voices, the effect was as if they were in one's own room. This did interefere with sleeping, but I suppose there was nothing the staff could have done to eliminate the problem, such is the design of the building.

Also, calling a taxi early in the morning was very easy and downright pleasant, a car, with a most polite and helpful gentleman driving it, arrived less than five minutes after the receptionist lady phoned to order one.

Overall, I was very pleasantly surprised, and won over, it seemed that the Hotel was indeed run for the sake of the traveller's convenience, over and above. A big thank to you to all.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Myslef and my partner recently stayed here. From the outside its very off putting and could do with a revamp.
Reception staff were friendly enough, but she just seemed to keep telling us that we would be charged £50.00 for smoking in our room even though neither of ous smoked.
We had a double room on the 2nd floor, we checked in early, the house keepers rushed to get our room ready and were very friendly to us, thank you athena and antony.

Bedroom was fine for what we paid. I think that they could do with putting a few bright lights in the hotel hall ways as it was very dark.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Visited this hotel with two friends with the puropse of using it as a comfortable base to explore the city. The pictures online of the apartments looked basic yet clean and comfortable.

The outside of the hotel did not look promising. It was run down and did not even look like a habitable environment to begin with, and was very easy to overlook. However upon entering it seemed more inviting with pleasant decor and ambience.

This was where the pleasantness ended. Our room was nothing like the photos we had seen before. It was dark, very basic and a very unpleasant smell greeted us as soon our our room door was opened. The kitchen was the size of a box and had dust all over the floor and bits of rubbish lurked behind the bin. The bathroom was also tiny however the shower seemed clean. But yet again there was dust and bits of rubbish in the corners! The bedroom was not too bad, but there were ominous stains on the valances - rather off putting to say the least..

I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank D-Das90
Reviewed 26 September 2010

We stayed for two nights , despite some confusion during the booking stage the staff were helpful and genuine. The 2 bed apartment was clean and practical for a family, having separate space for the kids!! There was some noise on saturday night but then it is a budget hotel in the city centre but we allslept like logs.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2010

The hotel looks awful from the outside but I was pleasantly surprised on the inside. The room was small but adequate, with TV, kitchen area and small shower room and toilet. The shower room stank of damp but looked fairly clean. The kitchen area was a nice touch and had a microwave, sink, kettle etc.
The bed was so uncomfortable it could double as a torture device. Every spring could be felt poking out, which the hotel was obviously aware of as they had placed a banket as an extra layer under the sheet to sleep on!!! It didn't help. I slept on the duvet and was still VERY uncomfortable. Also the lift is so noisy it kept me awake most of the night.
If these problems could be sorted out it would be a nice enough hotel, but I wouldn't want to try and sleep there again the way it is now!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business