“Great value, excellent friendly service”
Review of The Shilton Arms

The Shilton Arms
Ranked #52 of 594 Restaurants in Coventry
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Looking for somewhere local, my wife and I visited the Shilton Arms for lunch on her birthday. We kept things simple choosing from the 2for1 lunch menu a homemade lasagne and scampi. The lasagne was very tasty, brimming over with a lovely onion and garlic flavour and the scampi was also excellent and not the reformed variety found elsewhere. For drinks I opted for a very well kept pint of UBU from Purity while my wife had a glass of Pinot. We finished our meals with homemade bread & butter pudding and chocolate and hazelnut cheesecake. Service in the Shilton Arms is very friendly with all being made to feel extremely welcome by the staff. The pub itself is in a great spot with open countryside views from the beer garden. Overall a very agreeable experience.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We went on Easter weekend and it was very quiet but the staff were attentive and with the background music it did not feel to empty. The food was well cooked and the portions were very large three courses was beyond us. It's not a posh pub by any means but if you are looking for good food and service you won't go wrong.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

My partner and I try and go once a month. We've never had a bad meal. Good honest food and lots of it! We've never managed to have a desert. Staff are helpful and service is quick.
I recommend on booking as it gets really busy at the weekend, which I think is a good sign.

1  Thank LindGo
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Excellent food, brilliant service,friendly staff ,good beer and a lovely pub. Will return and would recommend to anybody who likes nice food.

1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Took the wife for a birthday meal here.

Not a lot to say really - friendly staff, good food and reasonable prices and I'm sure whatever your taste, there's something on the menu that you will like.

You also get a desert with the main which was a nice surprise as I asked for the bill.

The only down point (for me) is that their choice of vodka is limited to Smirnoff.

Overall a very good meal!

3  Thank MrSimak