Just got back from fantastic break recharging batteries at Village Coventry.
Check in was great and completely hassle free with any queries answered promptly and knowledgably thanks to Richard Hambridge.
The room was if anything too comfortable, the beds and matresses are top of the range and unusually for hotels so are the pillows! Trouble is beds so comfortable would have been quite happy to sleep the whole break! Room lovely and clean - no problems at all.
As with majority of hotels nowadays only comment is shoratge of drinks sachets for the tea/coffee making in room. Hotel quite willing to speedily provide extra if requested. We always take a few extra when travelling in any case.
We had requested a quiet room and that is exactly what we got, though I do think the problem concurrent in all hotels has to be the serial door slammer who thinks they have hired a whole floor at a hotel with no consideration for other guests. We were lucky to have considerate other guests on this occasion though.
Found the staff - all the staff even the young ones quite early at both breakfast times, to be polite, helpful, courteous and pleasant and the breakfasts have lots of choice from fresh fruit to full english. The toast machines mean that you have fresh toast instead of the obligatory keep warm cardboard! Pop your toast in go and get your breakfast and toast is done on your return - couldnt be easier.
Chose to eat evening meal in Victory pub, good choice and reasonable price and the young bar lad who waited on us couldnt have been more helpful, including seeing if and when we needed any drinks to save tripping to the bar during our meal.
Overall a brilliant hotel experience - came back home refreshed, relaxed and wishing we had stopped much longer if commitments had allowed.
Well done management and staff for the excellent team work that made this stay so enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Coventry is located just 5 minutes from Coventry City Centre and an ideal location for accessing the M42 - M6 - M5 and M40 motorways. Birmingham International Airport is 10 miles away and Coventry Train Station just 2 miles. Nearby attractions include Warwick Castle, Bull Ring Shopping Centre and Planet ice skating rink. Village Hotel Coventry has 146 comfortable bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Squash Court, 25 metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Coventry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Club Coventry
- Village Hotel Leisure Coventry
- Hotel Village Coventry