“Noisy”

Village Hotel Coventry
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Writing this at 23.12 and music has got slightly quieter or at least someone has turned down the bass. So much for getting to sleep ready for a busy day tomorrow. Can't believe they ask guests to be quiet returning to rooms after 10.30 pm when the music from downstairs is worse!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Village Hotel Coventry

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel on Wednesday 13th November and Thursday 14th November 2013 in room 130 which is on the first floor. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The check in was very easy and the overall impression was very good. The room was very clean and well laid out.
My room overlooked the front of the hotel where the main car park was but this was not a problem with noise. I did find that the car park had a lot of cars when I arrived around 5pm but had a lot less in the morning suggesting that a number of the cars were visitors to the hotel.
Room 130 is not far from the lifts and stairs which I found useful as I had to take a lot of stuff up and down from the car.

Room Tip: Bring your swimming trunks as there is a swimming pool. They do sell swimming trunks but these are...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Recently spent a Saturday night here and was slightly apprehensive reading other reviews about noise etc. Not improved with large groups and families milling round reception when we checked in. Room on first floor, clean, comfortable bed, bathroom all fine. Went to the leisure club - pool rather busy with swimming lessons at 5.00pm for the whole hour we were there which confined swimmers to part of the pool. Steam room, sauna and jacuzzi all fine and child free! Enjoyed a good nights sleep with no noise disturbance which was a relief and the buffet breakfast the next day offered a good selection of hot and cold food which was regularly replenished. A pleasant stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank seasider2020
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We spent a week at this hotel and stayed in three different room types.They were booked for the same room and really didn't mind moving to other floors. The best room was the family room even though there was only the two of us,as it had connecting doors. The first room was a twin room and the beds were abit on the small size and it was somewhat cramped for 2 people.We also ended up booking 2 nights in theri superior rooms.They were a very god size and had an ultra comfortable bed.They had some nice little touches that you don't get in the other rooms such as bubble bath, a good amount of coffee...although there's a good coffee shop in the lobby where we went everyday.The reception staff on the front desk were very nice. I found the service at the spa reception a little cold/and it put me off having a treatment. the pool staff were the worst with a very rude manner to them.It's not made clear that only one piece bathing suits are allowed so I was very confused when confronted by one of them.I ended up just into the suana which was a shame.The room cost included breakfast which was good.

Room Tip: Avoid the twin rooms at the end of the hall
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CharleneColeman
Reviewed 1 November 2013

A good all round hotel, with a friendly welcome. Our room was quiet and clean, we enjoyed great WiFi and there was plenty of parking. We were only staying one night and joined a spinning class in the gym which was good fun. It was possible to stay later after check out to use the spa and gym facilities. The usual offering for breakfast with a full English, continental, porridge & fruit selection.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed at the Hotel when we attended a recent function there. Booking and Check In were easy and the staff friendly and helpful. The rooms are similar to most Village Hotels- decent size, nice bathroom, very comfortable bed, nice colours.

The breakfast was very good- lots of choice.

The swimming pool is lovely. The Changing Room was also very clean.

We very much enjoyed our function and the stay as a whole.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Despite paying extra for upper deck experience, we were placed next to people with a baby, who cried on and off through the night. Being a parent myself, I'm mildly accepting. However, this was an anniversary gift from my husband so we left the children with grandma.

The doors to rooms in this place slam! And I don't mean a gentle secure 'I'm now closed' slam I mean a great big IN YOUR FACE SLAM! And everyone staying here likes that noise to announce they are leaving their room or they are coming into their room. I've never know visitors to have such a i don't give a .... attitude. Well I do and I find it inexcusable.

The spa is ok, but the water is cold, the sauna and steam rooms are tiny and quite frankly could not wait to get out for a warm shower. These by the way are great along with the changing arrangements.

Our last night was completely ruined by the immature little herberts who would go from room to room from 2am. They were eventually thrown out at 5am, but it took three hours of breaching the peace, arguing with other occupants and basically being down right obnoxious. I bet their mums are really proud.

You can't have a lie in in this place because guess what - oh yes, the doors again. I'm off home, I don't want their cold greasy breakfast, I want to salvage some of the romantic weekend my husband wanted to treat me to especially as I've just come out of hospital which I can honestly say was a quieter experience.

If you stay here and never experience what we did over two nights well then I'm very happy that you did. The night staff were very good and the bar staff are excellent. Lets see what the reception staff say when/ if they ask if we enjoyed our stay?

Good luck with your booking.

Room Tip: Ask if they have fitted quality door closures to the rooms. Until they do, I shan't be staying...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple