“Super Place to stay in the Midlands” 4 of 5 bubbles

Novotel Coventry
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
GreenLeadersBronze level
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Super Place to stay in the Midlands”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

I stayed a few nights over Christmas while visiting family and as a rseult it was very quiet. Im not sure that I was the only person staying but it felt like it! The staff on hand were all very helpful, chatty and eager to please, they made a special fuss of my son who really enjoyed himself. There is a good games area for kids and an outdoor play area when the weather is good. Clean bright modern hotel very well located for the Ricoh and everywhere else for that matter. Tip top breakfast, newspapers, spotless rooms. Hard to fault so i wont. Thanks very much, we will be staying again thats for sure.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NovotelCoventry, General Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Dear Reviewer,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Novotel Coventry. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Once again thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be just as pleasant with this in mind I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Yours faithfully,
Jackie Clarke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

I am so happy with the Novotel in Coventry that I refuse to stay anywhere else. Very comfortable rooms, always impeccably clean, excellent food from a la carte in the restaurant to snacks in the bar, and lovely staff in all areas particularly reception.

It's a very quiet hotel so a good night's sleep is guranteed; and there's a great selection of films on the TV in the room.

I am a frequent, business traveller and stay away on business a lot. The Novotel Coventry is, without a doubt, the best value for money I know; I would recommed it wholeheartedly for business and social travellers alike.

Room Tip: They're all good rooms.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NovotelCoventry, Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Dear Valued Guest
Novotel as a brand strives to provide excellent customer service and high standards I would like to personally thank you for providing us with feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to continually, improve the quality of our services.
It is always a pleasure to welcome you to Novotel Coventry with this in mind I hope the hotel team continue to meet your expectations if not exceed them.
I look forward to welcoming you soon.

Regards
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

It was nice and quiet on the weekend I stayed and I found the staff very helpful and friendly. My only complaints would be that the price of a continental breakfast is a bit steep, and I had not realized that parking costs extra. Having said that, I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NovotelCoventry, General Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Dear Reviewer,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at Novotel Coventry. Direct guest feedback is very much appreciated as this assists us in monitoring the services and standards which we offer to our guests, enabling us to constantly strive to improve and maintain them and where necessary take remedial action through training and maintenance.
Unfortunately breakfast charges are set centrally although Novotel Coventry offers a great continental breakfast delivered to your room at £13.95 and cooked breakfast at £16.95, we also give all our guests the option to book an £8.00 breakfast on the day of arrival subject to terms and conditions.
If I could also take this opportunity to inform your comment regarding car parking charges is very valuable as we are currently in the process of reviewing car parking charges for the hotel.
In regards to your comment regarding staff I will have great pleasure in sharing your comments with our hotel team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming back in the not too distant future.

Yours faithfully,
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

Only stayed a night for a stop over but everything was good. The reception was friendly, the room was clean and the place was quiet even near the main road. Only thing I would say is that the parking fee may be a little excessive. The car park was not a secure lock up etc, just a normal outdoor car park, but you get charged each day you stay. Not very well advertised that you have to pay a charge and its not like it is near public transport links / in a city centre so most people would be driving there I would imagine. Having said that it is only about £4 a day.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NovotelCoventry, General Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
Dear Reviewer

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Regards
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

We arrived to check in to the hotel at the same time as two bus tours did.Kelly the team leader, managed to get everybody checked in and she did an excellent job as some of the tour members were not very easily pleased .We had a nice room over looking the lawn area of the hotel site.The resturant food and service was excellent, good food selection.Onthe Sunday morning the Hotel Manager Jackie, made the lounge avaiable for us so we could watch our All Blacks bet the French.The hotel staff made us feel at home and we had an enjoyable experience and would recommend this hotel to stay at, close to the city but far enough away from the busyness of Coventry.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NovotelCoventry, General Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
Dear Reviewer,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at Novotel Coventry. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will have great pleasure in sharing your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Kindest Regards
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

3 nights - never again by choice.
Staff were friendly, decor dated (painted artex) which resembled 1950's holiday camp. Room dated but clean and well serviced by housekeeping (albeit only 2 sugars left each day!, although of course you could ask for more).
Evening meal was not good - bordering on the just-acceptable
Breakfast was AWFUL (especially at published price of £13.95). 2 of 3 days only bread was "sliced", no croissants, pastries, rolls, just a row of empty baskets. Get your "hot" (supposedly) breakfast and they run out of eggs and mushrooms;,bring out eggs, and later mushrooms by which time breakfast and eggs cold.
Cannot open window if required, unless you can cope with contiual motorway noise
I know it's a personal thing, but having paid £200 for a stay, I dont like having to pay £4 car park either.
Thank goodness I had a corporate rate - at published price of £115 + £13.95 breakfast +£4 parking, if it had been my own money I would have been sick (without the help of the breakfast)

Room Tip: Insist on the back (not facing motorway. Find another hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NovotelCoventry, General Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this review, 24 October 2011
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Novotel Coventry and bringing to my attention the dissatisfaction that you experienced.
Novotel as a brand strives to provide excellent customer service and high standards I would like to take this opportunity to apologies for your disappointment on this occasion please be assured the shortfalls you experienced with our Elements Restaurant and breakfast quality are not reflective of our usual level of guest satisfaction associated with our hotel. I have personally addressed this matter with my Food and Beverage Manager who will take remedial action through training as shortfalls as such are dealt with priority to eliminate reoccurrences
My only objective is to renew your faith in the services provided by Novotel Coventry and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Yours faithfully
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

This hotel looks better from the outside. Car parking is good, Chargeable. Only one Bar staff, on a saturday evening, had to wait for ages for drinks. Check in staff very happy and cheerful. The room was on the 2nd Floor. Had to climb stairs with luggage as the Lift was faulty. The room itself was dreary, probably last decorated many many years ago. The toilet reminded me of the 70's. Worst of all the bin in the bathroom had not been cleaned.
Breakfast next morning was fine. Check out again nice. Staff OK, Hotel No Way, Needs a make over.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Reviewer
Novotel as a brand strives to provide excellent customer service and high standards I can only profusely apologise for your disappointment on this occasion.
I would like to thank you for highlighting the shortfalls in quality of accommodation in reference to the decor and design of our bedrooms.
The bedrooms at Novotel Coventry have been fully refurbished three years prior whilst the restaurant, bar and lobby area were refurbished three years prior, please be assured your experience on this occasion is not reflective of our usual level of guest satisfaction associated with Novotel Coventry.
I appreciate your frustrations with the lift not being operational and would like to offer my profuse apologies for luggage assistance not being offered on arrival as per brand standards and have personally addressed this matter as human errors as such are dealt with priority to eliminate reoccurrences.
Thank you once again for providing us with feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Yours faithfully