“''Great Experience''”

Novotel Coventry
Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed 2 nights October 2013 Receptionist gives the first impression of the hotel,when i checked in so i get nice welcome from imran with big smile and then later on he helped me to find the easy way to walk to Ricoh Areana,let me say in italian muchas gracias imran.
Room was nice a clean good comfortable bed,all staff was very friendly in restuarant and bar.
I really had a great experience and worth of money to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
NovotelCoventry, General Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Guest

Thankyou very much for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor as feedback is very important to us.

I will pass your comments to my team and in particular Imran who has in fact just moved to reception from the restaurant.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Novotel Coventry in the future, in the mean time thankyou again for your comments.

Your Sincerely

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed one night October 2013
The water didn't drain in the bathroom basin , limited hotel bathroom products. Basic room
Dinner service terrible. We're given Menus and forgotten about! Restuarant didn't have an item we ordered
My colleague ordered steak , waitress brought the incorrect side dish and no steak knife
Would not recommend and have put me off Novotel for good

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
NovotelCoventry, General Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and leave us your feedback.

I am very disappointed to hear of the problems you incurred during your stay and will be taking these issues up with the relevant department managers.

I can assure you this is not our usual standard and should you return we would be able to demonstrate this.

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

1960s decor, bland boring muzak on each speaker. Sat for dinner at 1800, with a table of 12. First waiter did not know what the soup of the day was. Starters arrived some ordered king prawns, well ��7 for 7 prawns and definitely not king prawns. Main course ok and by 2000 we had to beg staff to take desert order.....rooms bland, tv had BBC1 ITV CHANNEL 4 AND 5 but no BBC2. Freeview definitely not available here at minimum. Breakfast pink sausages, cold beans, no fried eggs.......

There is one good thing about hotel and that is James. He always polite, was always asking is everything ok remembered everybody's names. Just wish all the staff and hotel was as good as him.
Well done James.

As for a top notch chain like this I will be making suggestions not to stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights whilst exhibiting at the Ricoh Arena. The hotel is a little dated with the walls of the room pebbledashed. Rather strangely the toilet is separate from the bathroom. On the plus side, staff are friendly and the rooms quiet and clean and there is free WiFi. Breakfast here is good as well. On the minus side, the bar is a bit soulless and worst of all they charge £4 for parking. This seems petty and Novotel should review their policy on this. I would stay here again if I was visiting the Ricoh purely for the convenience, but would not choose it for any other reason.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and leave us your feedback.

Your comments will be shared with the team here and all feedback will be shared with the relevant managers.

We hope to see you again here in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel whilst attending a conference at the Ricoh Center about 5 mins drive away. The room was clean and virtually exactly the same as any other Novotel I have stayed in. The sound proofing was good from the traffic outside (next to a busy dual carriageway). The doors tended to make a lot of noise if they were allowed to slam shut which could be heard from several doors away. After a bit of confusion during check in and three trips to my room I finally gained access, with the receptionist joining me the third time to make sure the key worked ! Dinner was reasonable and the breakfast was a full breakfast hot buffet and I quite enjoyed it. There was quite a long queue at check-out which was frustrating. It was peak time but I much prefer the US hotel zip check out where you just call ahead and'or leave the key in the room with the bill slipped under the door early in the morning. As a Platinum member I received a free drink voucher but there was no room upgrade as the hotel was pretty full.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and leave us your feedback.

Your comments will be shared with the team here and used as training going forward.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We are a small charity and recently held an event for families at the hotel. Hotel is very accessible for those with additional needs and the staff are great - warm, friendly and helpful. Plenty of parking for families and those with disabilities. Facilities for meetings of this sort are good - main conference room is light & spacious & the food was good.

Three of our staff stayed overnight and one slight negative point is that the bedrooms are a little tired as others have said, although they are clean and the bathrooms are modern. All in all we would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone considering an event.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and leave us your feedback.

Your comments will be shared with the team here and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelCoventry, General Manager at Novotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013