“Lovely”

Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Northolt, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I was a little bit worried after reading the negative reviews. But when we arrived, I could not see what all the complaining was about. Lovely clean large room, fantastic jacuzzi bath. And the breakfast................. as much as you could eat and all freshly cooked. The staff were friendly, and the whole experience was fantastic. Couldn't believe how great it was for the money we paid. Could visit again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Northolt
RoyalCourtM, General Manager at Royal Court Hotel - Coventry, responded to this review, 5 November 2010
Dear Guest

Thank your for your kind words and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

The staff were especially pleased by your comments, and it is wonderful to be able to report back to them your findings on their service.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 30 September 2010

The hotel is well marked out from the main road and looked lovely on arrival all lit up at night. We'd had a long day at work and driven up from London for a night's stay, so just wanted a good night's rest. Check-in was pretty smooth, and then we made our way up to our room.
The room itself was not bad, the basics were all there. We did actually enjoy a nice bath after we'd unpacked. After this is when it all started going wrong... we had men in the room next door to us who had no regard for anyone else but themselves! The walls must be paper thin, as we could hear their TV clearly from our room, which meant we had to put our volume up quite loud just to hear anything. After about 2hrs of attempting to fall asleep (we're talking 1am now!) with these guys next door now playing music and having a very loud conversation/argument , we couldn't take it anymore and called down to reception to inform them of the unacceptable noise from our neighbours. After this, the music stopped, but the raised voices and arguing continued, after which we had to lie and endure doors slamming over and over again! Heaven knows what was going on in there, but it meant we actually only got to fall asleep at around 02:30am!!! We were intending on complaining at check-out the next morning, but there was nobody at the desk, just a box to drop your room key into, so we just got out of there. SO, in summary, if you do choose to stay here, bring earplugs along for your sanity!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank donnayg
Edinburgh
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Hi.
Just Back From a Glenton's Coach Trip From Scotland to This Hotel, We Were Very Weary About Some of The Comments Guests Had Written, But Can I Say We were Delighted With This Hotel Staff, Meals, Etc.

As I Said We Where With a Coach Party And The Majority of The People on Our Trip Said The Same, They Thought it Was Great Value For Money And Many of Them Said They Would Stay In This Hotel Again.

There Are a Couple of Things we Noticed During Our Stay, The Hotel Could do With All The Windows Being Cleaned Outside And In, And Update There T.V. System to at Least Freeview.

• Stayed September 2010
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2010

First room was a smoking room, smell dreadful. Swopped with couple who wanted a smoking room and had been given non smoking. New room smelt mouldy tried to open window to air, black mould growing up metal frame wallpaper peeling from wall, window would only open 4inches as a block had been screwed into frame. View of cages of dirty laundry left outside from Friday till we left on Monday morning by which time it had been raining for several hours. Room badly in need of deep clean.After bed had been made up found nightdress on floor between bed and bedside cabinet, I had left it on bed. Bathroom clean and plenty of hot water and fluffy towels.
We could have done without the noise from the bathroom next door which seemed to be through the wall from our bed. Use of toilet during the night allowed us to chart the health of our next door neighbour. And having them use the shower and wash hand basin at 6.30 meant we didn't need an alarm call.
The staircase we used to reach our first floor room had a really bad smell which got worse over the weekend. at first I though it was damp, by Monday I was holding my nose and it was like sewage. Several coach parties staying over the weekend meant not enough seating in the bar so it was stand or go to our room.We were celebrating our 44 th.wedding ann.this was no celebration. All in all not recommended.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank crabbitandcrabbiter
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I booked this hotel after finding an offer and then checked trip advisor and wondered what on earth i had done and dreading my stay. I arrived late afternoon, fast check in, reception area quite impressive clean and tidy, helpful staff. Room was fine and recently redecorated i believe however the bathrrom was a little tired in places and the bottom of bath sealing had all come away but no big deal. I would definatley recommend and would/will return.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Stayed on SpecialOffer W/E.They were busy but coped v. well. A Beat the Retreat function with the Fusiliers and a Hindu wedding gave background entertainment. All staff courteous and helpful. Special thanks to Jess and James in the Bar from the 6of us+Molly.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2010

This hotel is dirty, fusty, and stale. On entry to the hotel the reception area is clean we checked in and where given directions to the room. We left reception thinking the staff where helpful we got into the lift that was shabby and smelt stale then I was bit by something that I felt jump on me as we entered the lift. the carpets in the hall ways are held down by black tape. on entry in the room I walked into a cobweb. the kettle had stale water inside the coffee sachets where open. the valance on the bed had something on it I don't want to even think of what it was when I asked for it changing the housekeeping said she could change the duvets and pillows but couldn't change the valance as she didn't know where they where kept. the nets on the windows look like they have never been cleaned although they do hide the window that is worse and growing mould the furniture was thick with dust and the lighting each light had a thick layer of dust on. the bathroom was surprisingly clean but the hot water had no heat regulation and was difficult to use the first time I used the shower I scolded my foot the choice of settings where scolding or freezing not SAFE I had to jump out of the shower and lean in while hot water belted down on me until i managed to turn it off ( I see that this hotel claims to welcome families but if a young child was using this i fear that this heat would cause serious burns) When we complained about the room we did get offered an alternative or the manager would send housekeeping to the room to clean it we had a look at the alternative room it was a lot smaller and smelt worse. I honestly don't know how he managed to offer this room with a straight face I stayed in the hotel out of necessity and will not be using the royal court hotel again I hope this review helps prevent someone entering this hell hole and have notified all my colleagues not to recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business