This is a basic but comfortable budget hotel - it is exactly what it is described as so set your expectations accordingly. I sleep well when here, the breakfast is good and that's really all I need for £40-50 per night.
- service was great - friendly team
- the bed was very comfortable
- breakfast was great - avoid the scrambled eggs and ask for poached!!
- there is a huge Virgin gym next door and you get a discount so that's where I spend most of my evenings!
What was not so good:
- very limited dinner menu so I avoid if possible - the gym (as mentioned above) serves great food though
- the hotel is isolated. If you don't come by car there is very little around to do - maybe ok in summer with longer nights but not so great in winter
- the heating in the room was just ok - I certainly wasn't overly warm - so I wondered if this may be a problem if we had a colder winter...
But all in all it ticked most of the boxes for me and I will return in the future should I need to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Coventry South Whitley is located between the Jaguar factory and the Virgin leisure centre. Warwick University is only 5 km away and Stratford upon Avon (the city of Shakespeare) is a 30 min drive. 5 minutes drive from the centre of Coventry and the airport, the hotel offers 51 en suite rooms and a meeting room. It has a restaurant, a terrace, a bar serving snacks 24 hours 7 days and a free car park (50 spaces). Free Wireless Internet access available ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and ACCOR so you can book your Ibis Coventry South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accor Coventry South Whitley