“Great value for money”

Ranked #31 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Gdynia
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had a lovely stay (there was a group of us), all staff was very friendly and we felt very welcomed. I would recommend it. Rooms are basic but very clean. You can walk to city centre in about 20 min and it's located so close to motorway network.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karolina Z
Julian_Ward, General Manager at Ibis Coventry South, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Sir/Madam I would like to thank you for your review. We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay, And appricate your comments regards the rooms and the standard of service during your stay. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future. Kind Regards Julian Ward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here with my 2year old daughter. It was a Friday night and there was a party going on next door. I informed the receptionist who then knocked on my neighbours door and was told to turn the noise down. The noise level did drop and I was offered a quieter room. I decided not to move rooms as I was already settled and my daughter was asleep. Despite the noise I would stay here again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Julian_Ward, General Manager at Ibis Coventry South, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regards the issue you had during your stay,

As you mention you did report the problem of the noise from another room and this was dealt with quickly by the night staff,
As we are sometimes unable to monitor noise from the bedrooms we do urge all guests to contact us through the bedroom phone so we can quickly deal with any problems which may occur.
Regards

Julian ward
Leigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stay was good. Staff were great in particular Daniel who was friendly and helpful and charming. Breakfast was good and got a great choice. Room was adequate. Accepted dogs which is a massive plus point

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Julian_Ward, General Manager at Ibis Coventry South, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to thank you for your review.
We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. And also the postive comments towards my night staff. I will pass your comments onto my him.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards
Julian Ward
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Very nice, quaint location. I was a little dubious at first with the appearance as not a usual looking hotel. However, very quickly grew on me. Welcomed on arrival, pointed to my room, dinner and breakfast explained.
Very nice room, basic but very accommodating. Decor a bit tired but definatly not anything to bother about.
Nice food, limited menu but 2 large wines made up for that!
Overall I enjoyed my stay, would certainly come back and please don't listen to previous negative reviews. Some people can never be pleased.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Boothy2580
Dear guest

I would like to thank you for your review.

We are very pleased to see that you both enjoyed your past stay and also your future bookings at ibis Coventry south, i will pass on your review to the team team regarding your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcome you back soon

Kind Regards
Julian Ward
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I booked this hotel in advance due to spec and images online. AS I arrived, staff were friendly/polite (cannot fault)

Nothing to do with the service, solely the accommodation/building is awful. Very uncomfortable and a sense of feeling very unsafe.

Fortunately I managed to stay at the other Ibis down the road in Coventry (Highly recommended)

Just be prepared for a run down/motel/small building.

Room Tip: Book at the other IBIS In coventry
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Holly_S691
Julian_Ward, General Manager at Ibis Coventry South, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
But as both the pictures on both ibishotel.com & even tripadvisor clearly state the layout of this hotel i cannot see how this can be False advertisement, Aslo the hotel is covered by 24 CCTV and is staffed throughtout the night.
AS you mention we did move you the other ibis hotel which does relfex a higher cost on a nighlty basis.

Regards