“Great short stay hotel”

Ranked #31 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
West Midlands
“Great short stay hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

Good budget hotel close to town in a quiet location.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
ShereenLee, General Manager at Ibis Coventry South, responded to this review, 14 October 2010
Dear vstuthridge,

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Shereen Lee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
Southampton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

Stayed at better for less. this is a budget location that's a slight rung up from DHSS.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
ShereenLee, General Manager at Ibis Coventry South, responded to this review, 21 September 2010
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay at Ibis Coventry South. I was sorry to learn that your experience on this occasion fell short of your expectations, and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

We welcome all feedback that we receive from guests and endeavour to use such feedback constructively. Feedback such as yours highlights areas where we could be doing better, and so is particularly useful.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Devon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2010

Sadly this is an older hotel and it really could do with a facelift.
The bedroom wasnt too bad but the bathroom was mouldy and smelly.
The staff should have told us about complaining via the telephone as we suffered our noisy neighbours (all night) rather than trudging across the car park to the reception.

Dear Sir,

Yours Sincerely,

york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2010

Good location and clean rooms,a little disappointed in just the 5 tv channels.
Staff more than help full,if a little confused on prices of drinks 1.60 for a pint of lime and soda one day 1.10 the following ,a drink that should be no more than 50p.
breakfast a buffet affair good selection,cooked only includes sausage bacon scrambled eggs and beans,which for the first two days of our stay was flat cold,but in all fairness after mentioning it they did take it away and zap it.Rest of the week it was warm.
I ate on a few occasions in the hotel restaurant the food was nice.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Dear Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis Coventry South. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. i am sorry that you were not happy at our choice of TV stations, we are having a digital upgrade this year which should improve this service.

Hertfordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

Hard to find good value Ibis hotel with a good breakfast and very helpful, friendly staff.

hI,

This response is the
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

Firstly, I can't believe some of the other reviews!! Its hardly the Ibis Hotels fault that SatNav doesn't know about a bridge now padestrianised!!

our overall experience was great. I (Female, 7 months pregnant) stayed alone (on a friday night) whilst my partner went out and i felt absolutely fine. The only place nearby was the raquet centre which was closed at night. no traffic can be heard so nice and peaceful even during the day.

the staff were very friendly, on check in we were told if we needed anything not to hesitate in asking. when my partner went into the city they had no problem ringing a taxi for him. The only drawback I'd say is there seemed to only be one member of staff on. but this could have been as it was a bank holiday weekend and not many bookings.

The room was fantastic for 2 people. bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean.
did exactly as i wanted. good nights rest, felt clean after using facilities.
drawback in bathroom, bath too small
drawback in room, tv didnt have many channels, freeview wouldve been nice.

outside the side of the restaurant/bar/reception they is an area where you can sit outside and a place to have a bbq as well.

Breakfast, which was included in our room price (£39 pn) , was great value for money. all you can eat. cereal, continental, cooked, toast, fruit, yogurt, coffee machine, tea, orange juice, apple juice, so much to choose from. branded products I.e activa and actimel, which you dont usually expect from a 'chain' hotel.

24hours bar / snacks anything from the menu.

Very very impressed, will book again !!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Madam,

Borders, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

I stayed here - alone. I did not feel unsafe, why should I? I received a warm and pleasant welcome & swift check in (from Olga). Even my little dog was welcomed! Yes the rooms are across the car park, what's wrong with that? Yes, there are baited traps for vermin - good, that means they won't come to share my room with me. It's a fact of life that we are all within 10 metres of a rat at most times, we just don't see them! My room was clean, my bed very comfy, the shower brill, the bathroom well cleaned and equipped. As a matter of course I ALWAYS wash cups & glasses before using them, so complaining that there was stuff in them is your own fault. Hotel workers are not servants, they do the best they can in their limited time. I was also impressed with my breakfast. I expected the worst as it was included, but no, it was lovely with plentry of choice.
I agree with the problems finding the hotel. My sat nav took me to Abbey Road, which was blocked off. I tried the "Jaguar Raquets Club" on an off chance and found the Ibis. There are still no signs directing customers to it. I think they are needed desparately. My only other negative comment is that as it was a warm night I wanted the window open. As it opened inwards it meant having the curtain pulled back a little bit, which let in the VERY bright light from the walkway. Maybe these could be dimmed after, say, midnight?? All in all a perfectly OK basic hotel. I've stayed in a LOT worse. (See Britannia Sachas, Manchester)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
ShereenLee, General Manager at Ibis Coventry South, responded to this review, 9 August 2010
Dear Lynne,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you and your doggie enjoyed your stay at Ibis Coventry South. I appreciate that our hotel can be hard to find since the closure of the bridge. We are trying to resolve this issue with sat nav providers. We do now have additional signage on London Road and all major junctions leading up to the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,