“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I spent one night here with some colleagues and we were made to feel very welcome throughout our stay. It was such a refreshing change to stay in a hotel with some history and character. The room was ideal, comfortable and quiet. The food was great and service was excellent - nothing was too much trouble for the staff! I would definately recommend this hotel and I will be staying here again whether in Coventry on business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DarrenJackson
ChaceHotel, General Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, 2 November 2016
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review the Chace Hotel, I'm very glad to hear that you were well looked after and I hope that you will choose to stay at the Chace Hotel when you are next in the area,
Since my appointment in mid-October I have been reviewing previous guest feedback in order to better understand our customers wants and needs
I have passed your kind comments to our team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chace Hotel in the near future

Hotel manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

A refreshing change to stay in a Coventy hotel which is NOT a "Bed Factory" and has the charm and character of a country house. The rooms in the main building are spacious and have very comfortable beds. I have stayed in a number of the Corus Hotels properties now and the Chace Hotel continues thier standard of customer service and relaxed atmosphere hotels.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Busy_Traveller186368

milton keynes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Myself and Gamster spent the Friday until Sunday at the Chace Hotel Coventry.
Importantly we got a deal on our stay which included breakfast each morning, a meal and bottle of wine on arrival night, also a discounted nightly room rate. My review is based on the price we paid - at the room rates listed in the hotel and breakfast charges then I would think the hotel is a tad overpriced.
The main building of the hotel is nice, the bar and restaurant area have a homely kind of atmosphere about them. Our room however was in the annexe area and this was a bit dated and in some aspects run down. I have not seen any other rooms in the main hotel so I can't compare. However in the annexe our bedroom was quite small and dark. The bed was quite small and in need of some better sheets/duvet. It was that wiry wool like blankets etc.
The bathroom was in need of updating, taps weren't great, shower was basic and the flooring had certainly seen better days. At the price we paid then fair enough but at full hotel rates we wouldn't of been impressed.
On a more positive note the staff at the hotel were all very polite and helpful. The food was nice and there was a good selection for the evening meal we had and at breakfasts, all good there.
The hotel was located near to Coventry centre, only a 5/10 minute drive, good onsite parking too.
As I say I'm not complaining - we got a very good deal, but if it had been at full price then we would of been a tad peeved. Perhaps the rooms in the main building are better. Which is a shame as I say everything else with hotel was nice and friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Gillingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

The best part of our stay here was the exceptional customer service, all of the staff we came into contact with we're really friendly and wanted to make our stay as pleasant as they could.
The breakfast in the morning was excellent, good choice on the continental buffet, really tasty cooked offering and again friendly and attentive staff, some rolls would have been nice!
Dinner was again served with the same attention to customer service but I was a little dissapointed with the quality and quantity of the food, so much so we chose to eat out on the second night. However we drove into Coventry for a restaurant as there is nothing in the immediate area apart from a really dodgy housing estate!
Our room was located in the old part of the building but had recently been refurbished, it was clean & roomy but only had one bedside table and one chair in what was meant to be a double room, so it was difficult to relax in the room and the lounge area was too noisy at times to be able to just sit and read.
Overall we had a really good break here and it was good value for money.

Room Tip: As most other people have observed the best rooms are in the original part of the building.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank roadking12

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

We booked as part as Travel Zoo Offer which included a dinner for 2 of us on the first night and free bottle of wine. We must say we really pleased with the hotel above. We never stayed here before but would not hesitate to book again. Why? Red Mullet from the menu was delicious, then we had the brownie and it is really to die for... Our room was allocated in the shabby extension of the hotel, however after a word with the manager that our offer include a free upgrade - he was more than happy to give us a free upgrade to an executive room. The room was newly refurbished as we found out later on. And the hotel did a late check out till 5 pm for additional fee, which was great... As i said before will stay again in the futute and get friends to stay there aswell...

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank annie-mosse
chacehotel123, Guest Relations Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thank you for leaving your recent feedback regarding your stay & we are glad you had an enjoyable one! Your comments regarding the food have been passed on to our chef & we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Lots of improvements since me and my husband stayed a few years back. newly refurbished reataurant, refurbished rooms. great food. and of course the highly polite and efficient staff. will definetely stay again.

• Stayed November 2011
5 Thank HelenAls1969

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Nice hotel, friendly staff, really good food. will definetely stay again.