“Pro's & Con's”

-no sky sports
-poor showers
-no steak dinner available

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Amy C, Sales Manager - Midlands Cluster at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Chace Hotel.
I am pleased to hear that you found the staff at the Hotel to be friendly, we do have a fantastic team of staff who are always willing to assist our guests.
I am sorry to hear of the problems that you had in your bedroom in regards to the toilet and a bulb being out. Our housekeeping team do report any issues to our maintenance team so my apologies that you had these problems.
In regards to your comments about the breakfast I will pass these comments over to our breakfast Chef, all the items are cooked freshly in-house so my apologies that you felt it was of poor standard.
I am pleased to hear that you found the evening meal and accommodation reasonably priced, we do ensure that our rates are competitive.
I do hope that we welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We visited for a family celebration meal so didn't stay overnight in the hotel accommodation. It was a set menu but the food served was very nice and service was good. Only disappointment was bar staff seemed to disappear at times.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Amy C, Sales Manager - Midlands Cluster at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted to hear that you have an enjoyable meal at the Hotel, The Chace Hotel is perfect for celebrations ranging from Family Meals, Anniversary’s and Weddings.
Our team of Chef’s work hard to produce good quality, freshly prepared food for a range of guests.
I am sorry to hear that there was not someone on the bar at all times and I will pass this feedback over to my colleague.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed here on business and its not a bad hotel. Yes the rooms are a little dated and the wifi is limited to mainly common areas. But it has what you need. Clean room, TV, Bed and freindly staff.

The staff are very freindly and the food is very good. I would consider staying again if im in the area. It was value for money and it is a lovely period property.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Amy C, Sales Manager - Midlands Cluster at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Chace Hotel Coventry.
I am pleased to hear that you found the bedroom to be clean and we do offer all the amenities that you would require when travelling on either business or leisure.
Thank you for your kind comments in regards to the staff, I shall pass your comments over to my colleagues.
It is great to hear that you would stay at the Hotel again in the future, the building is a beautiful Victorian building and we do offer competitive rates.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

It's a nice looking hotel from outside but when you get inside its a different story the inside needs refurbishment and the bedrooms are so old and out dated looking needs a modern look to it the food menu its to plain an boring less choice to choose from the service from staff it's good no change needed there

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Amy C, Sales Manager - Midlands Cluster at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.
The Chace Hotel is a beautiful Victorian building and we have tried to keep the internal public areas in keeping with the old architecture of the Hotel.
I will pass your comments in regards to the bedrooms over to my General Manager, we do have some executive bedrooms at the Hotel which you may find more suitable. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the bedroom you were allocated.
We do try to ensure that our menu caters for a wide variety of customers and I will pass your feedback onto our Head Chef as we welcome feedback.
Thank you for your comments in regards to the service you received, we do have a fantastic team of staff at the Hotel who pride themselves on providing an excellent standard of service.
Amy

Sales Manager - Midlands Cluster

Reviewed 12 February 2014

A real 1970s experience. The rooms reminded me of places I stayed 40 years ago - draughty, ugly and prety basic. As the hotel is a bit out of the way if you arrive by taxi, I would suggest bringing sandwiches as the food in the restaurant is pretty awful (soggy fish and chips with microwaved frozen peas - really? - and I thought I had gone for a safe option). Its also not cheap. Who ever recruits the service staff has done well, because they are clearly hard working and friendly to a fault. The room I stayed in was cold until the heat came on at about 6pm, had pretty basic facilities and the thinnest of duvets. WiFi was pretty good if you're here for work.

Room Tip: Premier Inn
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ianfinchtgd

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
I am sorry to hear that the hotel did not meet your standards on this occasion. I will pass your feedback in regards to the food over to our Head Chef, I am surprised to hear of your feedback as we do pride ourselves at The Chace Hotel in the freshly prepared food we provide to our guests and I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with your meal.
Thank you for your kind comments in regards to our staff, I am pleased to hear such positive feedback, we do strive to always provide a friendly and professional service.
We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future.
Amy

Sales Manager - Midlands Cluster

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We had 2 days stay during our visit to UK . Small rooms , big restaurant with bar which is seen crowded in the evening. Out door sitting areas. However the room heating is system is not well controlled and you may have to either switch off the heater or be comfortable without the same. Reasonably priced and wifi is also free. Good for short stay for business

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Unni2006
Amy C, Sales Manager - Midlands Cluster at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us, my apologies that the heating was not suitable for you.
We do offer competitive rates for guests who are wanting to stay in Coventry and with complimentary Wi-Fi throughout it is a great hotel for business guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Absolute disgrace, stayed the night, the room was about 50 years old and depressing. Sat in the reception area, which, I believe is kept dark for a reason, possibly to hide the fact that it also is very dated, whilst working on my laptop I had to endure some guy giving a lecture to a lady, I guess from what he was saying she was a member of staff and needed to do more business for the hotel, how professional, maybe they have no meeting rooms I moved from one end to the other only to have to listen to a couple of guys swearing like troopers. I was due to stay a few of nights, but left and headed to the ibis down the road.

Avoid

SB

Room Tip: Best tip, go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sam B
Amy C, Sales Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay.
The Chace Hotel is an 18th Century building and we have tried to keep the main reception and bar area in keeping with the style of the Hotel with the oak panelled lounge. My apologies if the reception area seemed dark I will speak with Reception to ensure that this area is kept well lit. I am sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your bedroom, had this been brought to our attention during your stay we would have endeavoured to move you to a more suitable room.
I am concerned to hear that whilst working in our lounge area you could overhear a conversation which you believe to have been between staff and I shall speak with the Hotel manager to ensure all staff conduct any meetings in a private area.
Again my sincere apologies for your recent stay at The Chace Hotel.
Sales Manager