“Sunday Lunch...”

The Chace Hotel Coventry
Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
“Sunday Lunch...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We have been twice to The Chace for the Sunday Carvery, and we have been very pleased. Its a really lovely hotel with many character features and I have to say the staff are extremly helpfull and attentive. Looking forward to another return visit!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
ChaceHotel, Meetings and Events Co-ordinator at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review for our Sunday Carvery Jazz Lunch! Please contact me next time on 02476 303398 to book and we will include something for you to say thank you! Kind regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Fareham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We recently held a wedding party in a lovely traditional function room at the Chace Hotel and have nothing but praise for the way everything turned out! All of the staff was incredibly helpful and our guests felt very well taken care of throughout the night. The cost was reasonable, food was excellent - we really couldn't have imagined a better evening!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on Tripadvisor! We are so glad you enjoyed your day and we all loved hearing about your actual wedding day and seeing the beautiful photographs and wedding video! We wish you all the best in your married life together and hope to see you both again and maybe even around your anniversary! Kind regards.
Telford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stopped here for two nights whilst on a course in Coventry. As you approach the hotel it is a lovely old building and indeed when you walk into the reception it is historically beautiful. The staff are very helpful in reception and the bar area.
My room was located up the stairs, I am unsure if there is any provision for elderly customers with lifts. My room was in the main hotel and was adequate. It was a good size with an equally large bathroom, the room was clean as was the bathroom. There was a space to hang your clothes and a tea/coffee maker within the room. The bed was comfortable and the tv was small but adequate. I did have to retune the set to its latest freeview settings but that only took a few minutes. The bathroom door would not shut and the hotel could do with some bigger towels. The shower pressure was very weak and it just basically drippled out, however the bath water filled up within minutes if you wanted a bath. The room was very very hot and I had to have the single glazed windows wide open. The room looked out onto the main road into coventry and it was continually busy so the road noise was very loud. The bed was comfortable but I slept on the top of it due to the heat.
I did look at the annex part of the hotel and was glad I was not stopping in those portacabin style buildings.
The bar was stocked with Boddingtons I would like to see bottles of real ale as they cater for cider and lager drinkers. The breakfast was okay not bad but not brilliant. The hotel I would say is average I have stopped in much worse.

Room Tip: Obtain a room thats not located in the annex or facing the main road.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mark f
ChaceHotel, General Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this review, 2 November 2016
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review the Chace Hotel, I'm very glad to hear that you were well looked after and I hope that you will choose to stay at the Chace Hotel when you are next in the area,
I have passed your kind comments to our team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Chace Hotel in the near future

Essex UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel located on the outskirts of Coventry. Room was clean and comfortable and breakfast was tasty and plentiful with lots of choice. The only downside to this hotel was the evening barman/night watchman who was really grumpy when we returned from a concert and wanted a drink. The rest of the staff were lovely. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ThunderRoad1985

Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed one night at the chace on a business trip....wow!! Before I went I looked up pictures to see what the rooms looked like etc...well heads up the rooms look nothing like it! I felt like I was in a horror movie! The decor was so old! Everything creaked!! The staff seem shocked to even have guests! The room was more like a cabin on a boat...I swear at one point I felt it rocking!! You can hear everything! Single glazed windows which meant I had the delight off being woken up at 5 in the morning by bin men! Have to say very disappointed! Only thing I can't complain about was the food...however I did have to ask for another set of cutlery as mine where clearly dirty...so actually no I suspose I can complain about that!! Not happy at all with stay! Won't be back would rather make the 6 hour round trip home!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank JJCR13
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Chace hotel.
Since my appointment in mid-October I have been reviewing previous guest feedback in order to better understand our customers wants and needs.
After reading your review, I was disappointed to read that your stay was not an enjoyable one, so please accept my sincere apologies.
I would like to thank you again for your feedback because this helps me to look where I can improve the hotel.
I hope to welcome you back in the future.
Sunderland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed on business for one night. My room was in desperate need of refurbishment, especially the bathroom. On the plus side, the Reception staff were very friendly and I ate in the bar area where the food and service was good. Breakfast was however chaotic as the two staff on duty could not cope with the number of guests wanting to be served and kept returning to the same party whilst ignoring everyone else. I had finished breakfast before I was offered tea / toast. Very disappointed and will not be returning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed on business for two nights. The staff were unfailingly friendly and polite, gold stars to them. The room was in the annex part. It clearly hasn't been updated for a long time, room and bed very poor. In desperate need of refurbishment.

The great staff are let down by the facilities I'm afraid.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest
I hope to welcome you back in the future.