US$79
US$73
US$85
US$77
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$91/night.

US$46
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$58/night.

US$69
  • Pool
US$117
US$105
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

US$90
US$85
Priceline
US$81
PremierInn.com
US$81
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewschase hotelsweeping staircaseevening receptionwedding coordinatorthe hotel managerfood was lovelywaiting staffbuffet styletea coffeeone night stayvenueevent
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Staying just the one night on a business matter with a colleague, we arrived to a warm welcome and I ticked the box for a 07:00 wake up call when registering.

The room key was slightly askew but it just about worked although the door didn't lock easily or reliably, others staying there reported that their doors didn't lock properly either.

The room had the hair of the previous occupant on the bathroom floor and in the bath / shower, the bathroom floor had clearly never been mopped, the room was a good size with good beds, but not as clean as I would have liked. Others on the course reported similar discontent with the cleaning issues.

As it was pouring with rain and the car park was far from the front door, we elected to eat in their restaurant, an imposing manorial room, no background music, restful and well laid out. This room also provided the venue for an excellent quality breakfast the next morning for which there are no complaints whatsoever.

Arriving at 8 p.m. we were served drinks and ordered within fifteen minutes, no evident rush by staff, we anticipated finishing by 9 p.m. so as to do some necessary coursework together before the next day. However after fifty minutes the waitress came to explain that the starters were delayed because 'the machine broke'. This caused a great deal of amusement because it was a line straight from Fawlty Towers, we wondered what machine created the sea bass starter, yet by this time we were hungry enough to eat the plastic flowers.

At around nine p.m. our food started to arrive, my sea bass was superb, quality and well presented. Our main courses followed, curry, fantastic, really excellent food and good portions, but we still wanted to try the sweets. I opted for a stunning crème brulee and my colleague for sticky toffee pudding.

We finished eating c. 10:15 p.m., a lengthy meal, after which the delightful staff demonstrated what was meant by 'the machine' i.e. the ordering computer from the restaurant did not print out the orders in the kitchen, so kitchen staff were unaware of our orders for some time. No matter, we were amused.

The bar area is spacious being the entrance hall, but tables seemed to take ages to be cleared after people left, food and glasses abounded so seating at a clear table was limited. Staff did not appear to be on their toes when it came to speed, cleaning and clearing. Here we did our work.

At 07:20 I awoke in a panic, no early morning call, I had ten minutes to race into the shower shave & get ready before colleagues called on me to join them for a breakfast. On route I questioned the receptionist who said she had tried several times to ring me with a morning call yet since I first awoke at 06:00, I had heard nothing so I doubt the calls were made. She apologised.

I detest racing about in the morning but the breakfast was superb, stunning, everything you could wish for, we left for the course and examinations that day, but we will not be returning or recommending the Chace Hotel.

The problem is clearly poor management, pleasant but evidently unmanaged staff, the same for the cleaning, no evidence of any standards being set or reached here yet with just a little management effort, the hotel could literally shine.

The promised food standards as advertised are high and are attained, the beds are good, the rooms are pleasant, nothing else seems to measure up - shame.

Room Tip: All rooms are generally modern additions to the main hotel building that is manorial in style.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
ChaceHotel, General Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Guest

I was sorry to read your review of your experience here at the Chace, I can assure you this is not what I expect and not what my team have been trained to do.

I can personally assure you I have brought these issues to my teams attention and we will be focusing on your points in the coming weeks.

We are currently looking into a room refurbishment along with other improvements across the hotel.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed in room 7 , OMG !
Dirt and skin between glass and table, dead flies in coffee cups, open electrics in bathroom, toothpaste from last person in plastic cups in bathroom , hairs in sink in arrival, hole in carpet in middle of room , left with out toilet room after ran out half way through stay, ignored at breakfast as staff cleared tables, so walked out after 15 mins, bath through to metal and sealant Mouldy, do nasty, the manage agreed no one should stay in that room, and did charge for stay....

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Duncs1973

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, we take all feedback on board and aim to improve any areas which we fall short.

I was a little confused after reading your review however, after our conversation on the phone, after I had read your comment card after you checked out, we discussed the points you raised and contrary to what has been written I have not charged you for your stay, and all the issues have been addressed in room seven.

I have spoken to my team and normal procedures are if a guest is unhappy with their room we will move them to a satisfactory room straight away. unfortunately these issues where not made aware to us until you had checked out, as we would have tried to amend any issues on your first night stay with us.

We are currently looking into a bedroom refurbishment as I know you are aware the building is old and in need of some work.

I do hope you choose to use us again and let us show you what we can do

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night. Hotel staff are friendly. Drinks over priced at the bar. Breakfast ample. The main down point is the rooms. We had a family room very small. Furniture very dated. Shower leaked all over the place. Rooms need a good makeover. The beds were very hard too. This could be a nice place if they improved on the decor. Victorian building near bar area was nice.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Chace, we welcome all feedback both positive and constructive. I have asked my team to take a look at all the showers in the property to ensure this is no longer an issues, however we are currently looking into a refurbishment of our rooms.

We would love to welcome you back anytime and do hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel mid Aug 2017. On arrival we were greeted by a lovely chap who explained everything to us and informed us we could have an evening meal in the restaurant which we weren't aware was included. Bonus. The food was amazing and I doubt we would of got better anywhere else. All the staff we came into contact with were fantastic. Breakfast was also great, absolutely everything you could possibly need. Nothing is to much trouble. Downside, this hotel is being let down by it's owners It is in desperate need of a refurb, the rooms in the 1060s add on need knocking down they are very tired and the bathroom smelt but I think this was down to the fact it is old. We paid for an upgrade and move to a room in the main building. The corridor to the room smelt so bad but luckily our room was right at the end so the smell had gone. This room was so much better, still tired looking but no where near like the other. We slept really well, the bed was very comfy. Bathroom clean too. Please please spend some money because you have a wonderful restaurant and fab staff, you now need a hotel to match. If this place is refurbished we'd happy stay again .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
ChaceHotel, General Manager at The Chace Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Sarah

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Chace Hotel, It is always a pleasure to read such great feedback.

I have passed this on to my team and they are delighted. We are currently looking into a refurbishment program at the hotel and would love for you to come back once it is complete.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 3 September 2017

I stayed here with my partner last week on a visit for work and pleasure. After looking at pictures we booked this hotel using our Tesco clubcard vouchers and got a bargain stay with breakfast.

However upon arrival we parked in the car park and walked round to the front as signs were not clear where to go. Whilst walking round we were stared at in a very uncomfortable and unwelcoming manner by staff and workmen fixing a sign outside. Once inside reception is tucked down the side so very unclear where to go. Staff on reception were pleasant and friendly. They checked us in quickly and sent us to a room. The bar, restaurant and lounge area were old and beautiful for a historic house however that's where it ends.

Our room was like entering a different hotel all together it was dated, not very clean and the corridors had an awful musty dirty smell throughout. Bed was comfy and rooms were spacious but the shower was rubbish, no pressure at all. The room had many cobwebs and dust throughout as well as the floor needing a very good clean.

Breakfast was good, waiter was friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Service was also very quick. Make sure you prebook the night before as its cheaper.

If we had paid more for this room we would be very disappointed and most likely wouldn't have stayed. The main hotel is historical and beautiful however that's where it ends!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ForeverKatie

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the property, we welcome all feedback both positive and not so positive.

Unfortunately the day you arrived we was having our new signage installed and i am sorry you didnt feel my team was welcoming, I have personally spoken to the team members to bring to their attention.

I do hope you chose to use us again