“Fantastic!”

Macdonald Ansty Hall
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had a fantastic stay here, the staff are so friendly and made us feel special even with busy wedding both nights of our stay . The room was clean, tidy and quiet. The food was beautiful, the desserts a work of art! There is a nice walk that runs behind the church and back round through the village. A special weekend with great memories!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you for your review. As you have experienced, we are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards, which is shown by the number of guests that are coming back for a return visit, time and time again. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to offer you a warm welcome back in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,281)

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We got a dinner bed and breakfast deal through secret escapes, after visiting this hotel quite a few years ago having had a great time we booked again, how disappointed were we! We upgraded to a feature room, the only feature was the shower, it was a trickle, table lamps didn't work, and the room was pretty much average. The fun began when we went down for dinner, the dining room was dingy and dirty, the wallpaper was hanging off the walls or covered in food, eventually we were seated to eat, and to cut a very long story short, we had approx 3/4 hour wait between courses, because the staff seemed very inept or lazy, the food was poor, except for dessert which was lovely. Breakfast was pretty much the same, people were being asked to wait at least 20 minutes for a table because the staff weren't clearing and resetting tables, most of the guests were pretty much fed up, on leaving there was a queue of visitors waiting to complain to the deputy manager, so wouldn't really recommend this place unless you have all the time in the world and no taste buds!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I was most concerned to read your comments, has you have previously experienced we are passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care. Please accept my sincere apologise for any shortfalls experienced on this occassion. I have reviewed and will action your feedback. I would be more than happy to discuss your comments further and indeed extend you a warm welcome back to Macdonald Ansty Hall.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Great location, beautiful church - nice staff - bar prices worst than London and Paris combined, bar sizes very poor, food was dire - boil in the bag - absolute rubbish will not eat here again and wont be recommending it ever. We asked for more bread rolls during dinner to be told, by a waiter, that they had none - never in all my numerous years have I heard this - absolute shocker - flabbergasted is not far from the truth - staff moaning about prices whilst also moaning about being on minimum wage - not a happy place - very very disappointed. What a shame cos it could be great

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank stockyhouse
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for your review. I was most concerned to read your comments, as the issues raised are certainly not in keeping with the quality of standards and especially of customer care normally associated with Macdonald Ansty hall. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfall experienced on this occasion. If you would like to contact me at the hotel directly, I would be more than happy to discuss, and investigate your comments further, and indeed I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for business the property and grounds are beautiful but the hotel lacked atmosphere, there was no background music in the reception or restaurant.
The dinner menu lacked choice I had a starter and side as my main a it was the only thing I liked and was then very dissapointing however breakfast made up for dinner, freshly and perfectly cooled, lots of choice great end to my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your review. Your comments are valuble to us as it is only with guests feedback we can improve our standards and offers. I have requested that my Head Chef, review and implement any changes required to the dinner menu. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to offer you a warm welcome back in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

The dinner, bed and breakfast rate was £137 (if you wanted the flexibility to cancel) which was dear for what is was. Pleasant enough, upmarket hotel and all that but nothing particularly exciting. I blithely assumed [should've checked the website] that the hotel would have a pool but it didn't. Very little in the way of grounds to wander around too.

The meal was very much of the starched white tablecloths/nouvelle cuisine variety. Glad that three courses were included in my rate as I needed them! On the positive side the bed was exceptionally comfortable and I slept better at the Ansty than I do at home.

All in all, I feel you should get more for your money [and the company was paying!]

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that in general you had a good stay. I will raise the dinner menu choice with the Head Chef, and implement any charges required. Our pricing is in line with hotels in this area of the same four star standards, and we feel we offer good value. however in your case it appears we failed to meet expectations, and for that I am truly sorry. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stay away from home often for work and am quite difficult to please, this hotel is one I have looked at many times and for one reason or another not booked, so pleased I have finally stayed here as it exceeded all my expectations. often old country houses look very glamorous but the rooms just don't live up to the expectations and the staff let them down, not here the rooms where beautiful, spacious and had everything including proper freeview not just a few of the usual channels. shower was massive and a bath loads of lovely hot water and fluffy towels the bed made properly on my second night which is often a let down when you find its just been straightened on top. breakfast service and reception great I will definitely stay again. also two brilliant pubs within half a mile each direction if you don't fancy the restaurant in the evening.

Room Tip: I had a room in the grounds not sure what rooms are like in the main building, but mine was lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Macdonald Ansty Hall in the near future.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

It was a pleasure to hold two day conference at Ansty Hall. From my first contact to the checking out, the service was outstanding, resulting in my colleagues having a very successful conference and a memorable few days out of the office.

I could tell by the staff relationships that Ansty Hall is a lovely place to work, as well as stay in. The staff genuinely seem to enjoy their jobs and helping guests make the most of their stay (you might be surprised by how rarely I find this in large hotels). In particular I would like to thank Preeti, Joyce, Scott and Corina who made my job as organiser so much easier and more pleasant.
The location is perfect for our Coventry offices; the food was delicious (particularly the evening meal), and the rates were very reasonable too. Following the positive feedback I've had from the delegates so far I wouldn't be surprised if many of them book events here in the future.
It is a beautiful venue, full of character and staffed by passionate people. I would not hesitate to recommend Ansty Hall to my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read of your great experience, and I have commended all the team, in particular, Joyce, Scott and Carina. We are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customers care which is show by the number of guests that are coming back time and time again. We look forward to extending you and your collegues a warm welcome back in the future.