“Excellent Staff”

GreenLeadersSilver level
southport
“Excellent Staff”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights as part of a work conference.
The staff are incredible - from reception/ bar/ conference room /restaurant nothing was too much trouble all requests met with a smile and a desire to assist- a credit to the industry.

Restaurant Food of a high standard, my only comment would be that the drinks are expensive. Large Red Wine was £11.00.
Comfortable bed, perhaps the overall decor slightly dated - but in the whole scheme of things a good venue .

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, and you found the staff to be excellent. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome back to Macdonald Ansty Hall in the near future, being for business or leisure.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

When you read such varying reviews of the same place I sometimes think I must be in some sort of parallel universe.
Our say was wonderful. The room was an executive double and spotless as was the bathroom. All lights and plumbing worked properly and the water was pipping hot. My only small criticism was the hand wash basin had a small crack in it so needs changing.
We had dinner on the night of arrival. I choose the salmon to start followed by braised ox cheek on horseradish mash potatoes with roasted root vegetables and creamed cabbage. I've never had the ox cheek before and it was delicious, just melted and so sweet and recommended. The pudding was a chocolate assembly that was too rich for me but my wife thought it lovely! She started with the serrano ham with rocket, continued with the cod loin and finished off with the ginger parfait (as well as some of my desert!). Wine was white and should have been served cooler so had too wait a while for the ice in the bucket to do its work. All said a rather superb meal.
Breakfast was a full english after fruits to start. The portion was not too large but that suited me as there was plenty of fresh toast. The meal is cooked fresh too so there is a little wait but worth it. I dislike the 'buffet style' meals where food has been languishing under heat lamps. Noted the plates were very hot to the touch. I tried the smoked haddock for the second day which I didn't enjoy as much but this is no criticism of the food.
Staff were always friendly and efficient and when we asked for places of interest in the vicinity reception printed off information for us. Preeti on the desk was particularly helpful and always had a smile for you.
I've stayed a few of the Macdonalds now, mostly in the north of England, and have enjoyed them all thus far. So I recommend you try it for yourself.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. As you have experienced, we are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care which is shown by the number of guests that are coming back for a return visit, time and time again. We are awaiting for the delivery of the sink unit to replace the cracked one. We look forward to extending you a warm welcome back in the near future.
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed here on a recent business trip. All in all, a pleasant stay, good room size, staff friendly and helpful.
My room was in the Stopford Block, a separate annex to the main hotel, so I cannot comment on the quality of the rooms there, but if my room was anything to go by, they should be fine.
Enjoyable stay

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to offer you a warm welcome back in the near future.
Heswall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had a fantastic stay here, the staff are so friendly and made us feel special even with busy wedding both nights of our stay . The room was clean, tidy and quiet. The food was beautiful, the desserts a work of art! There is a nice walk that runs behind the church and back round through the village. A special weekend with great memories!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for your review. As you have experienced, we are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards, which is shown by the number of guests that are coming back for a return visit, time and time again. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to offer you a warm welcome back in the future.
gtr manchester
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We got a dinner bed and breakfast deal through secret escapes, after visiting this hotel quite a few years ago having had a great time we booked again, how disappointed were we! We upgraded to a feature room, the only feature was the shower, it was a trickle, table lamps didn't work, and the room was pretty much average. The fun began when we went down for dinner, the dining room was dingy and dirty, the wallpaper was hanging off the walls or covered in food, eventually we were seated to eat, and to cut a very long story short, we had approx 3/4 hour wait between courses, because the staff seemed very inept or lazy, the food was poor, except for dessert which was lovely. Breakfast was pretty much the same, people were being asked to wait at least 20 minutes for a table because the staff weren't clearing and resetting tables, most of the guests were pretty much fed up, on leaving there was a queue of visitors waiting to complain to the deputy manager, so wouldn't really recommend this place unless you have all the time in the world and no taste buds!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I was most concerned to read your comments, has you have previously experienced we are passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care. Please accept my sincere apologise for any shortfalls experienced on this occassion. I have reviewed and will action your feedback. I would be more than happy to discuss your comments further and indeed extend you a warm welcome back to Macdonald Ansty Hall.
Kent
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Great location, beautiful church - nice staff - bar prices worst than London and Paris combined, bar sizes very poor, food was dire - boil in the bag - absolute rubbish will not eat here again and wont be recommending it ever. We asked for more bread rolls during dinner to be told, by a waiter, that they had none - never in all my numerous years have I heard this - absolute shocker - flabbergasted is not far from the truth - staff moaning about prices whilst also moaning about being on minimum wage - not a happy place - very very disappointed. What a shame cos it could be great

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank stockyhouse
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for your review. I was most concerned to read your comments, as the issues raised are certainly not in keeping with the quality of standards and especially of customer care normally associated with Macdonald Ansty hall. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfall experienced on this occasion. If you would like to contact me at the hotel directly, I would be more than happy to discuss, and investigate your comments further, and indeed I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for business the property and grounds are beautiful but the hotel lacked atmosphere, there was no background music in the reception or restaurant.
The dinner menu lacked choice I had a starter and side as my main a it was the only thing I liked and was then very dissapointing however breakfast made up for dinner, freshly and perfectly cooled, lots of choice great end to my stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your review. Your comments are valuble to us as it is only with guests feedback we can improve our standards and offers. I have requested that my Head Chef, review and implement any changes required to the dinner menu. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to offer you a warm welcome back in the future.