We stayed with work and straight away impressed with the look of hotel. Receptionist was lovely very welcoming and efficient. Bedroom was ok, lovely bed and pillows, although heater very noisy at 3am and switching it off at wall switched all lighting off too??!!! Very accommodating about us being late to eat by pre booking food for us, and the food was ok, but exceptionally expensive for very small portions. Steak and chips are about £19 for an 8oz (I guess) Ribeye, about 9 chips, a tomato and some Green trim. Oz cheek nice but no veg to go with it other than a matchstick of parsnip. And about £4 for a peppercorn sauce. And the wine was ludicrously overpriced. £11 for one glass from a bottle I regularly drink at £6 per bottle. Unashamed rip off i'm afraid. Such a shame because the service was so lovely but I wouldn't eat or drink there again due to the unreasonable costs.
but been non existent, just a couple of matchsticks of parsnips. parsnip st
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Ansty Hall is a grade II listed Georgian mansion dating back to 1678 and set in 8 acres of grounds in the rolling Warwickshire countryside. 62 bedrooms, restaurant, meetings and conferences for up to 140 delegates, corporate activities, weddings, family events, banquets, festive events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Ansty Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Ansty Hall Coventry
- Macdonald Ansty Hall Hotel Coventry