“Comfortable and lovely grounds”

Macdonald Ansty Hall
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 March 2014

A very English country hotel just off the motorway. Was there for a 2 day conference. Comfortable and lovely grounds. Bedroom spacious and modern bathroom. Staff all very friendly. Good food but far from gourmet

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Edwina B, Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and overall we meet your expectations. I hope to welcoming you soon here at Ansty Hall and if you can contact me I would like to discuss the meal experience.Once again thank you for your kind review.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,294)

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Spent a night here whilst visiting Warwickshire tourist attractions. Very comfortable rooms with tea/coffee facilities provided a nice environment in which to relax after a long day. The staff were fantastic -very polite, friendly and helpful. The food was superb - we enjoyed a delicious dinner and a very full breakfast menu followed the next day - both cooked perfectly. I would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Many thanks Emma N for your review and great feedback. I was delighted to read of your great stay and as you have experienced, we are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights in the Macdonald Ansty. This is not a cheap hotel, therefor I could not believe it when firstly the wanted to charge me £2 for a sewing kit and the at check-out advised me that there is a £3 credit card charge... Just seemed very unnecessary!
The staff were very nice and helpful and the room, although dated, clean, but I would not stay again.

2  Thank cnkie98

Many thanks for your review. I was delighted to read that in general you enjoyed your stay. we hope you be pleased to know that as a result of your feedback. we have implemented the following: sawing kit will be now complimentary, subject to availabiltity. In reference to the credit card charges this is a cost we incure, and cannot be avoided, however should be made clear at the time of booking of those charges, if this was not the case please accept my apoligise.
I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to welcoming you back at Ansty Hall in the future.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying the hotel apologised in writing via the booking agent and gave a small discount off the bill (less than 10%).

Hotel is a lovely old building with and unattached annex, which I was in. Therefore I got wet going to dinner. Food and service were good. The decor was tired and dated in the dining room and there was food debris on the wall, I offered to show the receptionist but they declined. The room was booked as a double but given a twin. The shower ran hot cold hot cold so was unsafe to use. There was a boiler in the room next to me which kept going on and off all night. Reception were told about it but said there was nothing they could do.

Afraid I will not be returning and having read the other reviews on here, I would suggest you think twice before booking too.

Worst hotel experience I have had in years, this is the honest and brutal truth.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear AnthonyHayllar, many thanks for your review. Your comments are very valuable to us as it is feedback such as yours that assists us in constantly reviewing our standards and quality delivery of service to our guests. All you comments have been discussed and actioned with the relevant departments Head, they would also like to be associated with my apologise for the shortfalls experienced on this occasion. I am pleased to read that you found the food and the service good, I do sincerely hope you will afford us the opportunity to offer you a warm welcome back in the furture, and not been deterred by the shortfall experienced on this occasion. if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.
yours sincerely
antonio

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Impressive building from the road but inside is very tired. The food was bland and the crockery and cutlery, overall ambience dated. Staff friendly and attentive but they don't have a lot to work with to make this a repeat venue choice. Only dined so cannot comment on the rooms.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Serviceisessential

Thank you for your review, its never to late to give feedback good or bad thay may be.We as a group are unddertaking a multi million pound investment program, to enance our customer experience. We have just compleated the first stage of this and moving with planning of refreshing our public area, whih also include our restaurant, however we still need inkeep the decor and type of furniture with the building. Please accept my apologise and I hope we will have the opportunity to offer you a warm welcome in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely Valentines meal here. The service was exceptional and the food was to a very high standard. The Valentine's cocktail was amazing and the service was a touch above the rest.

Highly recommonded.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kul T
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear KUL T, Thank you very much for your kind review and constructive feedback. We are pleased to read of your great experience. We are looking forward to welcoming back to Ansty Hall in the future.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed for Valentin's, food was ok But the service was terrible. Room was freezing dirty towels and robe from previous !!! Don't waste your money staying here!!!! Payed £205.0 would of been happier at a travel lodge not far from here, !!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Mrsmoneypennny

Dear Mrs Moneypenny, we always take our customers feedback seriously, good or bad they may be, after all they will help us improve our already high level of standards. We also take very seriously the Safety of our guests and staff, and we could not accept your threatening behaviour towards them, hence we had to ask the police to escort you out of the hotel in the early hours of the morning. I have sent you a letter that clearly highlights the fact you are not welcome here at Ansty Hall again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
Coombe Abbey Hotel
Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa
The Jacobean Hotel
The Jacobean Hotel
#20 of 39 in Coventry

Been to Macdonald Ansty Hall? Share your experiences!