“Excellent place”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Coventry
“Excellent place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We had a birthday celebration in Feb and food and service were excellent. I was so impressed that i Returned today for a meal for mothering Sunday, once again the service was great. The meal today was consistently excellent and staff were so helpful
and attentive. Ordered a gluten free menu and was superb. Definitely will be going back and would highly recommend. There was a great

choice re gluten free foods. Going to other restaurants, I've really struggled to get a good choice of gluten free food but here at the Ansty this was not an issue at all.
I am already planning my next trip back.
Thank you to all the staff their today for making me feel so welcome and for the amazing food!!!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Katie P, As you have experienced, we are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care which is shown by the number of guests that are coming back for a return visit, time and time again, we strive to make all our guests feel at home, which, in your case we clearly succed. We are looking forward to welcoming you again here at Ansty Hall.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

My wife, cousin, nephew and I stayed for two nights on the 18th and 19th of March and found the hotel very comfortable. We stayed in the annexe, the rooms were large, we'll appointed and decorated to a high standard.

We ate in both nights and enjoyed both the selection and quality of food presented. A good selection was provided for breakfast. The waiting staff were attentive, the maître d was chatty without being intrusive. We have one complaint concerning the wine list, to be charged £25 for a bottle of wine retailing at £8. 70. is an extortionate mark up, in 60 years of dining out and staying in similar hotels have I been charged this much!

Apart from the above gripe the overall impression was an enjoyable stay

Stayed March 2014
Dear Paul J, Thank you very much for your review, I am pleased to read that overall you have enjoyed your stay. Our pricing is in line with hotels in this area of the same 4 star standards, and we feel we offer good value for the quality of the product we serve. However in your case it appears we failed to meet expectations, and for that I truly sorry. I hope you will afford us another opportunity to welcoming you back here at Ansty Hall.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

A very English country hotel just off the motorway. Was there for a 2 day conference. Comfortable and lovely grounds. Bedroom spacious and modern bathroom. Staff all very friendly. Good food but far from gourmet

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Edwina B, Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and overall we meet your expectations. I hope to welcoming you soon here at Ansty Hall and if you can contact me I would like to discuss the meal experience.Once again thank you for your kind review.
Croxley Green, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Spent a night here whilst visiting Warwickshire tourist attractions. Very comfortable rooms with tea/coffee facilities provided a nice environment in which to relax after a long day. The staff were fantastic -very polite, friendly and helpful. The food was superb - we enjoyed a delicious dinner and a very full breakfast menu followed the next day - both cooked perfectly. I would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Many thanks Emma N for your review and great feedback. I was delighted to read of your great stay and as you have experienced, we are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
cnkie98
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights in the Macdonald Ansty. This is not a cheap hotel, therefor I could not believe it when firstly the wanted to charge me £2 for a sewing kit and the at check-out advised me that there is a £3 credit card charge... Just seemed very unnecessary!
The staff were very nice and helpful and the room, although dated, clean, but I would not stay again.

2 Thank cnkie98
Many thanks for your review. I was delighted to read that in general you enjoyed your stay. we hope you be pleased to know that as a result of your feedback. we have implemented the following: sawing kit will be now complimentary, subject to availabiltity. In reference to the credit card charges this is a cost we incure, and cannot be avoided, however should be made clear at the time of booking of those charges, if this was not the case please accept my apoligise.
I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to welcoming you back at Ansty Hall in the future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying the hotel apologised in writing via the booking agent and gave a small discount off the bill (less than 10%).

Hotel is a lovely old building with and unattached annex, which I was in. Therefore I got wet going to dinner. Food and service were good. The decor was tired and dated in the dining room and there was food debris on the wall, I offered to show the receptionist but they declined. The room was booked as a double but given a twin. The shower ran hot cold hot cold so was unsafe to use. There was a boiler in the room next to me which kept going on and off all night. Reception were told about it but said there was nothing they could do.

Afraid I will not be returning and having read the other reviews on here, I would suggest you think twice before booking too.

Worst hotel experience I have had in years, this is the honest and brutal truth.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear AnthonyHayllar, many thanks for your review. Your comments are very valuable to us as it is feedback such as yours that assists us in constantly reviewing our standards and quality delivery of service to our guests. All you comments have been discussed and actioned with the relevant departments Head, they would also like to be associated with my apologise for the shortfalls experienced on this occasion. I am pleased to read that you found the food and the service good, I do sincerely hope you will afford us the opportunity to offer you a warm welcome back in the furture, and not been deterred by the shortfall experienced on this occasion. if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.
yours sincerely
antonio
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Impressive building from the road but inside is very tired. The food was bland and the crockery and cutlery, overall ambience dated. Staff friendly and attentive but they don't have a lot to work with to make this a repeat venue choice. Only dined so cannot comment on the rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Serviceisessential
Thank you for your review, its never to late to give feedback good or bad thay may be.We as a group are unddertaking a multi million pound investment program, to enance our customer experience. We have just compleated the first stage of this and moving with planning of refreshing our public area, whih also include our restaurant, however we still need inkeep the decor and type of furniture with the building. Please accept my apologise and I hope we will have the opportunity to offer you a warm welcome in the future.