“Excellent two-night stay”

Macdonald Ansty Hall
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Just back from a two-night stay at Ansty Hall for a family wedding nearby.
Room was of a good size and well furnished. The bed was very comfortable so, we enjoyed a good night's sleep on both nights.
I cannot comment directly on evening meals as I only had breakfasts during the stay but, those were excellent. However, friends who did eat in the restaurant were full of praise for the standard of food.
I would particularly like to comment upon the staff who were all extremely friendly & helpful throughout our stay.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear RogerB, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your 2 night stay with us. As you have experienced our goal is to strive in delivering high standards of service and customer care, which we clearly achieved on your visit. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back here at Macdonald Ansty Hall in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,281)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

After an initial disastrous experience at a wedding venue near Lutterworth we discovered Ansty Hall. From the very first meeting with our wedding coordinator we found the level of service and attention to detail to be exemplary.The level of professionalism we experienced from every member of the team is so rare these days.
Nothing was ever too much trouble for any member of the staff or management team. We made a number of impromptu visits to just sit in the immaculately manicured gardens and take in the relaxing comfort of this amazing venue.Every visit was met with the same friendly welcome.
We attended the Shilton restaurant on two occasions to sample the menu we had chose for our wedding breakfast and was advised by the restaurant manager on our final choice.
The whole team at Ansty constantly worked with us over the months preceding our wedding to ensure our requirements would be met and that our wedding would be perfect on the day.
This Hotel prides itself quite rightly on good customer service and quality accommodation.
We would have no hesitation in recommending this venue to any one planning their wedding in the future.
A massive thank you to all the management and staff of Ansty Hall for making our special day so memorable.
We have made good friends at Ansty and will return time and time again.

Emma and Martyn

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Emma & Martin, thank you for your great review. We are delighted to read your great comment. As you have experienced, we are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care, and clearly we have achieved that. We look forward to extending you a warm welcome back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel for an afternoon tea for a group of friends to celebrate a birthday, was lovely. We had our own private room which not many hotels would do, and food and service was excellent, even decorated the table for us! Thank you to Chan and his team.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kvick1996

Dear Kvick1996, Thank you for your review. The team and I are pleased you enjoyed your afternoon tea, to celebrate a birthday, the team and I always try to make those event memorable and looks like we achieved that . We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Macdonald Ansty Hall in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I held my 50th birthday party at the hotel in the Orangey. The venue was superb for a total of 80 guests, with a beautiful backdrop of the gardens
The food was fantastic, and presented extremely well, considering my request for a BBQ, at the begining April!!
The disco and bar staff were a delight. In fact all the staff were most helpful, with nothing to much trouble.
All my guests had a wonderful time with many staying overnight and savouring the hotel's facilities.
Thankyou Ansty Hall for a most enjoyable and memorable party

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lin W

Dear LinW, Thank you for your review, and again Happy Birthday, we are delighted to have made your celebration something to remember, and hope to welcoming you back here at Macdonald Ansty Hall in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We dined in the Shilton Restaurant and had a lovely evening. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming. For starters, I chose the baked goat’s cheese & spinach tart with red onion chutney which was delicious - the pastry was light and melted in the mouth. My husband chose Serrano ham served with a parmesan wafer, tomato dressing and balsamic syrup - beautifully presented, which he also enjoyed. For our main courses I had potato gnocchi with blue cheese, spinach and herb cream and a side salad of rocket and parmesan. My husband had the Scottish ribeye steak with hand cut chips, tomato & mushroomed a side salad. Everything was delicious and, again, beautifully presented. The portions were a generous size: we couldn't manage anything from the dessert menu as we were both full. Other reviewers have commented on the prices of the wine etc., and they are not cheap, however I was given the opportunity to sample a couple of different wines before I made a choice and our pre-dinner drinks came with a lovely assortment of nibbles, all of which added to the enjoyment of the evening.
We will definitely be visiting again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 722LeicesterLass

Dear 722LeicesterLass, Thank you for your review following your dinner with us. We are pleased to read you found all the aspect of your dinner good, and sorry to hear there was no room left for the Home made dessert, perhaps nex time.
Once again thank you for your visit and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Came as part of a business trip. It was nice to be away from the business parks where I usually stay. Ansty village is lovely and this hotel is lovely. A grand entrance welcomes you, inside a quiet reception and bar downstairs, with a restaurant, which serves lovely food. I don't usually like lamb but it was divine and fell apart at the slightest touch. I wish I'd had desert, my colleagues had one and they looked beautiful. The staff were all really nice. The rooms were great and the gardens beautiful. The room was spacious, huge bathroom with separate bath and massive shower. The only problem I had was at 3:30am when I needed the toilet and I couldn't open the bathroom door... it had locked from the inside, I called reception who sorted it very quickly. Wasn't impressed that I was charged £3 to use my credit card, which most of my colleagues and myself used because we expensed our trip. Breakfast was really good, cooked English breakfast. Anyway, I would definitely stay again as it is a beautiful hotel and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank daveyh87

Dear Daveyh27, Thank you for your review. We was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay, and found the food and the service first class.
I am pleased to read that bathroom door issue was sorted immediately.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Macdonald Ansty Hall in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Great stay! Perfect room, brilliant staff, lovely relaxing bar, nice food! Good access to motorway, beautiful grounds. Set in a lovely area away from the city centre! Quite an expensive taxi ride to get into town! But totally worth it for the great hotel! Would loved to have stayed longer!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve C C
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Steve C C, Thank you very much for your kind review, I was please to rea that you have enjoyed your stay, and looking forward to welcoming you back here in the future.