“Lovely country house hotel near Coventry”

Macdonald Ansty Hall
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely country house hotel near Coventry”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here on business as just a couple of minutes drive from M6 junction 2 so very convenient location but would be great for a leisure break as well. Very warm and welcoming staff throughout my stay and great food. The breakfast in particular is the best I have had for a long time.

Room Tip: Feature bedrooms in the oldest part of the hotel are wonderful and all I could hear was the bird son...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Melanie C
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Melanie C, Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you have enjoyed your stay and considering us for leisure not just for business. We are looking forward to welcoming you back here at Macdonald Ansty Hall in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at Ansty Hall on the night of Sun 28th June together with his two brothers and their wives, one of whom was visiting from Australia. It was to be a weekend reunion in the village where they grew up, staying in a house which they had been familiar with since childhood. The hotel did us proud - excellent service throughout, great dinner and breakfast, friendly staff some of whom I know have been there for some time. Always a good sign! Couldn't fault a thing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diane R
Dear Diane R, Thank you so much for your great comments. It is our aim to make everyone stay a special occasion, which we have clearly achieved. The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you all back soon at Macdonald Ansty Hall.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Attended here for a wedding of a friend with a 5 month old. Soon found out after asking 3 different members of staff that there wasn't any baby changing facilities. Ended up changing my daughter on the floor of the disabled toilet.
Price of drinks in the bar are extortionate.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Vivalasvegas_13, Thank you for your review and feedback .I was most concerned to read your comments, as the issues raised are certainly not in keeping with the standards, quality and customer care normally associated with Macdonald Ansty Hall. Unfortunately we do not have baby changing facilities, however we usually offer a bedroom to use as a changing facilities fo baby's, obviously on this occasion we failed to provide this service. In terms of the bar pricing, we constantly reviewour local competitior set 4 star hotels to ensure that our pricing is not the most expensive in the area. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls experienced on this occasion, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity of being of service to you again.
Pune
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We have stayed several times at this hotel and our most recent visit last week did not disappoint. Breakfast is always heaven, dinner always fabulous. (even managed to get Chef's divine beetroot chutney recipe - yippee). Staff manage to be very polite yet incredibly friendly at the same time. It is my 11 year old daughter's favourite hotel in the Midlands.
Rooms, although not over-large, are very comfortable, clean and well furnished. The feature rooms are a treat in the old house but if you can afford it book a suite for space to party in!
Even the blackbirds were on the lawn to sing "good morning".

Room Tip: go for a suite if you like "roomy". Choose a room in the house, if only for thehistorical...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear LuluTaj. Thank you for your review.As you have experienced, we are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care which is shown by the number of guests that are coming back for a return visit, time and time again. We look forward to extending you a warm welcome back in the near future.
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

The good - great location, peaceful, comfy pillows, lovely staff at reception and the restaurant, very good fresh orange juice and breakfast cooked promptly to order (hooray, not a congealed hot buffet!)

The bad - mould round the sealant on the shower cubicle of room 212 made me cringe (but couldn't quite be bothered to change room), the fact that they wanted to charge me £3.75 for a latte at breakfast as a supplement (I stuck to white coffee instead - not willing to waste money)

• Stayed June 2014
Dear JaneBurkitt. Thank you for your review.I was pleased to read that in general, you enjoyed your stay with us. Many thanks for the feedback regarding the room aesthetics, please accept my apologise for the shortfall which I have reviewed and actioned accordingly, my maintainance manager would also like to be associated with my apologise. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to offer you a warm welcome back in the near future.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you are looking for elegance this period property exudes grandeur.

Upon arrival I was greeted by a very pleasant gentleman where check-in was swift. The hotel and grounds themselves are simply stunning, so picturesque, you can tell a lot of pride has been taken in the maintenance of the grounds, what was nice, was to see grounds men at work when I arrived which clearly shows they care about their image, but it doesn't end there, the immaculate presentation is consistent throughout the whole venue.

As I walked to my room, I just thought how beautiful the building was. I got to my room and was surprised at the difference between the period décor in the communal areas, compared to the elegantly modern décor in my room, it was all pristine... no expense spared, the bathroom was immaculate and fresh and the bed linen and accessorise were clean and crisp. The room boasts all amenities you could ask for and some...

I then ate in the restaurant which was reasonably priced, especially for the quality of the food; it was quintessential of a British stately home, I feel at this point it would be essential to point out one person who really stood out from all the rest, Ellio went above and beyond what I’d expect, his manner and charismatic approach gave off the most astounding atmosphere which really made my stay there even more enjoyable due to his attentive nature.

All in all – I would definitely recommend this hotel, whether you are looking for a romantic weekend, on a business trip or need access to the Midlands many airports, here would be a good place to book.

I liked it so much, I will return on 28th May as I will be visiting the same customer again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the top floor overlooking the beautiful grounds - room 15 to 18
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank passport_adventures
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Wollyjollywonderful. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
kent
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Travelled to Ansty hall on a romantic break. As a rule i try to avoid the hotel chains due to lack of personal service. To my surprise this hotel showed no such behaviour. In fact it seemed right from the start that the staff enjoyed their work and were very attentive. This was even more impressive due to staging three weddings during the weekend. We stayed in a king size feature room, which was well worth the upgrade. Large and with a lovely view of the grounds.I found the bar drinks reasonable for a hotel. Maybe slightly expensive for wine in the restaurant? The staff in the restaurant were extremely good. Shame about some of the other guests attitude. Special praise goes to Karolina who made us especially welcome in the restaurant. Food was top notch, especially the deserts, to my shame i tried a couple! also recommend a walk to the church at the end of the grounds. To summarise, a friendly hotel with style. will be back.

Room Tip: Feature rooms for a romantic feel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Martha74, Thank you for your kind word and I am pleased you have made the right choice for your weekend break, as you have experienced we are very passionate on delivering standards of service and food at all time, which is shown by the number of Guests that are coming back time and time again. We are looking forward to welcoming you back here at Ansty Hall in the nearr future.