We booked a 2 night break for a romantic weekend at this hotel and it served its purpose. The hotel itself was in good condition and very pleasant, the staff were friendly and attentive.
We ate in the restaurant on the first night, the selection of food was okay but the wine was ridiculously over priced. It was a minimum of £26 for a bottle of wine, white red rose or sparkling which meant that the bill for 2 would have been at least £100 if we had wine.
I had a steak which was delicious, very juicy indeed and my partner had a trio of pork which was very tasty although the belly was slightly over cooked.
Breakfast was delicious as was the afternoon tea that was included in our package.
It's a lovely hotel and they were friendly but it would have been nicer to be a part of the main hotel building instead of staying in the extension - there were two weddings whilst we were there so we were accommodated in the extension.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Ansty Hall is a grade II listed Georgian mansion dating back to 1678 and set in 8 acres of grounds in the rolling Warwickshire countryside. 62 bedrooms, restaurant, meetings and conferences for up to 140 delegates, corporate activities, weddings, family events, banquets, festive events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Ansty Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Ansty Hall Coventry
- Macdonald Ansty Hall Hotel Coventry