“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business for one night - service faultless, but a bit pricey for food etc - as I was on business, this didn't bother me so much - the hotel is like an old manor, creaky floorboard and very authentic! Rooms however are modern and equipped well. Great choice of tv channels. Only downside was that the room got quite hot and I opened my old wooden sliding window to find I overlook the patio where people were sitting and drinking and chatting - which is fine, I can't blame them for that, but room was a bit warm!! V comfy bed, great shower but bath seemed a bit small?? I'm only 5'8 and I couldn't lay in it! But shower was fine. All in all, a great hotel but I think I don't think I would pay out for pleasure as it is quite at the top end of the scale for a standard hotel. Can recommend though!

Stayed July 2014
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear M_Middlesex, Thank you for your review I was pleased to read that overall you had a good stay with us and thank you for your feedback in relation to pricing. We constantly compare them with similar Four Star Hotel in the area and most importantly based on the quality of the ingredient used we feel we offer a good value for money. We do hope this will not deter you on using Macdonald Ansty Hall in the future and are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were excited for a little weekend away and were pleased when we found a deal through Secret Escapes for Ansty Hall. That was the only good part of the trip. As there was a wedding being held at the same time, we were essentially ignored and got substandard service. Our food was not great and we felt as though we were an inconvenience. Wedding guests were running through the halls in the middle of the night drunk and the final straw came when our taxi took us to the wrong train station. Overall it was not relaxing or fun. Perhaps if there was not a wedding happening at the same time it would have been better. I will never know as I do not plan on returning. I should mention that both Secret Escapes and the General Manager have written to apologise for the distress and inconvenience we experienced.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Jmhcktt, Thank you for your review. Once again I was disappointed to read your comments. Your feedback are very valuble to us as it is feedback such as yours that assists us in constantly reviewing our standards and quality delivery of service, to our guests. Once again please accept my sincere apologise for the shortfalls experienced on this occasion. I do hope we will have the opportunity to offer you a warm welcome back in the future.
york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I booked a superior double room for a midweek stay through booking.com. The room was very spacious and clean. The staff we spoke to were polite and helpful. It was very quiet which was nice. The grounds were lovely and over the hotel seemed very well kept. I would recommend this hotel to others and would here again myself.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Many Thanks Buntingg1, I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at Macdonald Ansty Hall in the near future.
England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

As a business traveller I look for comfort, good service, good food and wifi as as minimum.

The Ansty Hall ticks all those boxes, plus quiet rooms set in lovely grounds.

If it had a gym it would be perfect!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Martin B
Dear Martin B. Thank you for your review. We were pleased to read your great feedback and pleased that we meet your expectations. We are looking forward to welcoming you back here at Macdonald Ansty hall in the near future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've stayed at this Hotel for business purposes twice over the past year and would highly rate it in terms of Staff friendliness and organisation. I held training sessions and nothing was too much bother for the staff, from organising drinks on a hot night, to taking bags up to rooms etc. I cannot compliment the staff highly enough and would recommend this Hotel, set in beautiful grounds for both business and leisure. It is well located and the interior/exterior are well situated. I hold training sessions all over the UK and this is without doubt my favourite venue. It makes a difference when staff go out of their way to be helpful and when all the technical set up works. I would highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: From my experience, all the rooms are well situated and well presented.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 592AlisonM
Dear 59 AlisonM. Thank you for your kind comments. We were pleased to read that we meet once again your expectations. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and extending you a warm welcome.
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We have stayed at Ansty Hall several times over the years and have always found it fantastic, from the consistently friendly staff and luxurious rooms to the secluded, beautifully kept grounds.

Food has always been outstanding from the nice additional options at breakfast - smoked haddock with poached egg or Eggs Benedict - to the outstanding evening meals.

What really makes the place special, however, is the easy and friendly way all the staff talk to you, as though you have been good friends for years. They are all genuinely happy to chat, if you want to.

We have visited this hotel more for our short leisure breaks than any other hotel and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The Feature Rooms at the back of the hotel are spectacular though you will pick up some chatter from...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank JAC849
Dear Jac849,Thank you for your wonderful remarks. We are thrilled to read that once again you enjoyed your stay. As you have experienced we are very passionate and committed to delivering service, quality and customer care which is shown by the number of guests that are coming back for a return visit time and time again. We are looking forward to extending you a warm welcome back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We booked a 2 night break for a romantic weekend at this hotel and it served its purpose. The hotel itself was in good condition and very pleasant, the staff were friendly and attentive.

We ate in the restaurant on the first night, the selection of food was okay but the wine was ridiculously over priced. It was a minimum of £26 for a bottle of wine, white red rose or sparkling which meant that the bill for 2 would have been at least £100 if we had wine.

I had a steak which was delicious, very juicy indeed and my partner had a trio of pork which was very tasty although the belly was slightly over cooked.

Breakfast was delicious as was the afternoon tea that was included in our package.

It's a lovely hotel and they were friendly but it would have been nicer to be a part of the main hotel building instead of staying in the extension - there were two weddings whilst we were there so we were accommodated in the extension.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank CharBryce
Dear CharBryce, Thank you for your review. As you have experienced, we are very passionate and committed to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care. Our wine pricing is in line with hotels in this are of the same four star standards, however in your case it appears we failed to meet expectations, and for that I am truly sorry. We hope this will not deter you to visit Macdonald Ansty Hall in the future and on that note we are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.