“Excellent staff”

Macdonald Ansty Hall
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel is pleasant set in beautiful grounds, the staff are fantastic, everybody greets you no matter who they are or what job they do in the hotel. The restaurant staff are particulary brilliant. Id stay here again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Charlotte R, thank you so much for your wonderful comments, I was particularly pleased to read your comment about the team. We are very passionate and commited to delivering the highest standards of service, which is shown by the number of guests coming back for a return visit time and time again. we are looking forward to welcoming you back here in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Our stay was very brief as we didn't arrive until 9pm.
We had booked through secret escapes and our stay included cream teas.
Chris booked us in on arrival and asked would we like a bottle of wine in replacement. I wanted a cheeky cream tea though! Even though it was quite late, it was sorted and we sat in a quiet room, served by a lovely lady.
We found the staff very polite and attentive.
Breakfast was very delicious and again the service was great!
There was a wedding taking place on the Friday night we stayed, and it did create some noise, luckily our room was situated at the end of the hallway and out of the way.

The rooms were clean, but quite standard. Hence my 4 stars.
The hotel looks great on the outside, maybe just a bit more attention to detail on the inside.

Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Abzee269, thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that in general, you enjoyed your stay. I am also pleased to read your comments in regards to the team and food quality. We do hope to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I attended aweeding here 8th August 2014, cant fault the place. The rooms were lovely (we were in the annex) the food and service were fabulous, the staff couldn't be more helpful.
The beds are extremely confortable and excellent facilities in the rooms. My only little grumble is the lighting in the rooms, I found it a little too dark in places. I was trying to do my make-up for the wedding, but the lighting by the dressing table i found was a little insufficient. I ended up in the bathroom. Other than that, no complaintshere :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret F

Dear MargaretX, many thanks for your review. As you have experienced we are passionate on delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care. We are looking forward to welcomng you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Having drove past it on quite a few occasions and thinking how nice and impressive it looked and how I have always wanted to try the restaurant, I finally got the chance last night (Fri) as part of my birthday celebrations.
The whole experience from the hassle free table reservation with Jan, we used a gourmet card and sometimes this can meet with negativity when booking but no problems here.
Our drinks were brought to us along with some tasty nibbles by polite and friendly staff.
They were not aware at time of the booking it was a birthday celebration only when our waitress saw some gifts when she gave us our menus in the bar area, imagine my surprise and delight when we went through to discover the table decorated with birthday confetti.
The food was well presented and delicious and all our questions regarding the menu were answered in a professional but friendly manner.
The surprises did not end there as my dessert was brought out complete with birthday candle and singing. I felt truly spoilt.
Six of us dined and we all thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and have vowed to go back again.
All the staff that we encountered were brilliant, but the shining star was without a doubt our waitress Karolina she was friendly and professional in equal measures and went out of her way to make our evening special. She even lent me a brolly from reception to walk to my car - which was parked the furthest away (typical) as it had started to pour with rain after we had arrived.
If you want good food in a traditional period featured location, give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tgxx

Dear TGXX thank you for your review and wonderful comments, we are please to see you had an enjoyable experience and the team and I are looking to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here on the evening of the 5th and 6th of August.
We were dealt with on arrival by Richard who was covering for them from another hotel.
This guy was faultless in his manner, attitude, welcome and overall organisation for front of house / duty manager. Also a special mention to a guy called Chan who was in attendance, these guys wouldn't look out of place in a 5 star establishment. It was our wedding anniversary and they really made us feel special, we struck gold that night. The breakfast staff were exemplary and really made us feel welcome each morning. The room was of a very high standard and the hotel and grounds were stunning. We would certainly come back again to this hotel and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We had room 34 which overlooked the gardens at the rear, a lovely appointed room, what looked like a...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brightonseagulls

Dear Brightonseagulls, thank you for your review. we were pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you on the occasion of your wedding anniversary.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Special treat for my mum, just because :-)
Booking was easy and pleasant and polite guy gave me all the details. Arrived and was shown to our table by Joyce. Very apologetic due to few minutes wait....extremely pleasant lady and very smiley. We were seated and another waitress came out with our tea. Unfortunately, I did not get her name but cannot commend these ladies enough! They were brilliant!
Our sandwiches etc arrived just after our tea. Again, very impressed. A selection of ones salmon with cream cheese, ham and egg. These came with two scones, fresh cream and strawberries, poppy seed and lemon cake, fruit cake and a chocolate brownie. The tea was constantly topped up by either of the lovely ladies who could not do enough. As front of house, these two are an asset to the hotel. The afternoon tea was stunning and we took our time and did not feel rushed. Once we had finished, we asked to sit in the garden. The grounds were stunning and the weather lovely. We had coffee served outside once our tea had gone down a bit! Again, the staff brilliant, the guy on reception very helpful and whilst sitting outside, I believe we spoke to a manager... Very pleasant too.
I wanted a special afternoon with my mum and that is exactly what we got. I have no doubt the staff behind the scenes are amazing too. Will definitely be returning!!! Top marks!!!!!

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Smudge74
Antonio C, General Manager at Macdonald Ansty Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Smudge 74, Thank you for your wonderful feedback, I was thrilled to read of your fabulous experience and pleased to read we meet all your expectations. As you have experience we are so passionate and commited to delivering the highest standards of service, quality and customer care. We are looking forward to welcoming you back here soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business for one night - service faultless, but a bit pricey for food etc - as I was on business, this didn't bother me so much - the hotel is like an old manor, creaky floorboard and very authentic! Rooms however are modern and equipped well. Great choice of tv channels. Only downside was that the room got quite hot and I opened my old wooden sliding window to find I overlook the patio where people were sitting and drinking and chatting - which is fine, I can't blame them for that, but room was a bit warm!! V comfy bed, great shower but bath seemed a bit small?? I'm only 5'8 and I couldn't lay in it! But shower was fine. All in all, a great hotel but I think I don't think I would pay out for pleasure as it is quite at the top end of the scale for a standard hotel. Can recommend though!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear M_Middlesex, Thank you for your review I was pleased to read that overall you had a good stay with us and thank you for your feedback in relation to pricing. We constantly compare them with similar Four Star Hotel in the area and most importantly based on the quality of the ingredient used we feel we offer a good value for money. We do hope this will not deter you on using Macdonald Ansty Hall in the future and are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
Coombe Abbey Hotel
New Hall Hotel & Spa
#2 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel at the Ricoh Arena - Coventry
Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa

Been to Macdonald Ansty Hall? Share your experiences!