“Some really vindictive recent reviews don't quite stackup...”
Review of The Greyhound Inn

The Greyhound Inn
Ranked #3 of 597 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2013

It has to be said, been going here for four years on and off, the staff work hard and some people relly expect too much. Looking at recent reviews I can say that the balance of experience over the last four years show me that some people expect too much.

This pub works hard to provide for its visitors. I've witnessed first hand unreasonable requests from some who frequent the restaurant. The menu changes frequently and whilst I would prefer them to leave the mussels on for every change I must say that the food is of good quality and routinely on time. Any problems swiftly resolved and the beer selection varies with the sort of frequency that suits most, including me!

You need to look at the bulk of the reviews rather than the minority, it's clear some individuals expect the world from a £9 dinner. This pub is worth your custom, no doubt, great food, great beer and a good experience and atmosphere for all. Great little pub....

1  Thank Visidigi
Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I have been going to the greyhound for over five years even though its almost a five mile drive, the staff are always polite and well presented and will go the extra mile to help, the food is a cut above the competion and always well presented. Even in the winter months theres always a warm friendly welcome and a brilliant log fire.
You can see why its won pub of the year 4 times running, a record for this area I beleive

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I will admit, the Greyhound is my local. I have lived near it for over 7 years now. In that time I have never had a poor meal nor once have I not felt welcome by Leigh, Antoni or any of the staff. I’m not a big drinker, I probably go over 4 or 5 times a month. But whenever I have friends visit or relatives to stay it’s the first place we think of. The menu is kept up to date and you never feel nervous about trying new dishes as experience says it will not fail to meet or surpass expectations.
I would say the biggest issue is getting in when they are busy but this is part of the character of the place, if it was twice the size with a huge restaurant it would still be busy. So I would recommend if you want a table book early or go grab a table in the bar it’s the same excellent food in both.
I’m currently working in the USA for long periods and although my visits weren’t frequent it is one of the things I miss the most.
Oh and did I mention they keep winning pub of the year!
Keep it up Greyhound and see you soon..

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I have eaten at The Greyhound many times but as it was my 50th birthday decided to go for something a little different and booked private dining.It was brilliant! We had all the privacy of dining at home but we had fantastic food, great service and nothing was too much trouble. We all ate different meals from the very varied menu and each one was beautifully cooked and arrived very quickly considering how many there was of us. My friend has since booked The Greyhound for her birthday and she too had a lovely meal. I would recommend The Greyhound to anyone. If you want great food in a lovely pub atmosphere this is the place to eat.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Excellent food. three of us went for a lunch time snack. we all had something different, it all arrived at the same time and was fresh and hot.
We will be back again very soon.