“Amazing Place!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Greyhound pub is a unique, idyllic pub set on a lovely canal in Coventry. The owners are lovely, extremely friendly and very welcoming. They have traditional rules and values which make the atmosphere delightful. The staff are helpful and inviting. The food is worlds away from the usual microwaved pub food you find in most places these days! All fresh, unique dishes with a 5* touch! The menu is changed regularly and many regulars (including myself) return week after week to sample the many delights The Greyhound Inn have to offer. The owners put on a fantastic party for my family in a marque at the weekend, complete with entertainment, a great buffet and an amazing, mouth watering hog roast! We could not have asked for anything better! I would definitely recommend The Greyhound. Whether its for a special occasion, a lovely meal with an elegant twist or a pleasant drink in the sunshine surrounded by lovely scenery. A far cry from most of the pubs in Coventry and an asset to our community! RECOMMENED! A*

5  Thank MagziT09

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I visited on a Monday evening and could not believe that the dining room was full, we were seated quickly as we had booked, and were informed that food may take a little longer as there was a large party of 19 people in.

Our order was taken by the helpful waitress as mentioned in a previous review "with the tattoos" who was both polite and well mannered.

I would like to point out that this large party thought it was appropriate to change a babies nappy in the middle of a restaurant! and when they were confronted about this had the most absurd response I have ever heard! "well I change the baby in my dining room" the issue was dealt with quite well I thought and the customers were offered private space to change the baby upstairs. I would just like to add that the staff here actually went the extra mile as far as service goes. With what I have only experienced as very much so blinkered party members.

The service was fantastic and the staff were always keen to serve us and both polite, the brunette waitress was always smiling even though she was running around.

Food did take a little longer than I would have expected, but we were told about the wait and appreciated that so. Our party of 4 could not complain about any of the meals, I had chilli con carne, which was one of the best I have eaten, and my partner had the 8oz Rump steak, which was cooked to perfection.

I would definitely seek this place out to enjoy your evening and you can see for yourselves that the staff, service and food were top notch!

Thanks for everything you do here, It is appreciated and I have great respect for your hard working efforts.

4  Thank Lee W
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Genuine good food experience here with friendly staff.
We had a lovely walk along the canal after a very filling Sunday Lunch. The menu choice was great and the portion size perfect. Service was friendly and welcoming even though it was busy.
Will deco go back, and soon.

4  Thank Glenda k
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Food prices up to very expensive compared to quality and have gone up significantly since we were last there. Nothing invested in improving facilities eg toilets and even the menus are tatty printouts in cheap plastic folders. Had fish and chips at £10, too expensive for what they were and chilli con carne with stodgy rice, not good. Bar staff brilliant and beer is good so will be back for beer but never again for food

4  Thank david s
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We booked a table for a birthday and would never return after our experience! The table was booked for 7:45, we were sat down straight away. We ordered food pretty much straight away. The food took an hour and fifteen mins to come. When the food came there was no steak knife. We asked for a steak knife when we were able to get the waitresses attention. The steak was cut open and was medium rare when we asked for it well done! When we managed to get the waitresses attention again, we requested the steak was cooked for a bit longer. The steak was taken away, when it finally came back the rest of the table had finished eating!! Then we realised they took the steak knife and didn't bring it back. Eventually we got a new steak knife. When we had finished eating and requested the bill it took twenty mins for the bill to come. Overall, I would not return to the Greyhound as the evening was a disaster the staff were too busy and the service was poor. We also heard another table complaining.
We have been to the Greyhound before as had a lovely evening however it was quite clear that they were out of there dept with customers and over booked!!

11  Thank TPOT123