Coventry Hill Hotel
US$90
US$92
US$89
1,296 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We had a 3 night break here, travelling with a coach party. It's pretty tired looking, old, inefficient windows in the bedrooms. The food was of adequate quality, though there was plenty of it.
However, the worst thing about our stay was the fact that £230 (folding money only!) was stolen from our room while we were having breakfast. We had double-locked our room when we left it, and it was double-locked on our return. We called the police (hotel staff said they "weren't allowed to") and the police officer said this was the third such incident in recent weeks. The duty manager said there were only two sets of keys. Surely the cleaners have pass keys? We asked to have the remaining two meals served to us in our room because we didn't want to leave it empty. The evening meal was served with a small, complimentary, glass of wine each.
Unfortunately, there was no sign of breakfast until one of us went downstairs to ask where it was. Five minutes or so after this, a waiter brought a trolley to our room. The bacon and egg breakfast looked appetising but, sadly, was cold - so we had to make do with cereal and toast.
We still don't know what, if anything, hotel management is doing to investigate this spate of thefts. I would give this place a very wide berth.

Room Tip: Rooms in this hotel are likely to have unwelcome visitors in your absence!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Claire S
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Cold shower. Chose this hotel as when I lived in Coventry approx 30yrs ago it was considered a good hotel. Well I guess times have changed. How disappointed I was,it looked tired and worn. My bed sagged in the middle, I was on the 6th floor and the hot water took approx 10 mins of running before it became warm, but worse was to come the following morning despite whatever I did I could only get a COLD SHOWER. I said this to the man on reception when I gave my key and his response was Sorry I'll make a note of that. The evening meal was a 3 course aimed at OAP's and I decided against when I saw only 3 star rating by EHO(it's not difficult to get 4 so 3 is worrying) Breakfast explained why, tinned grapefruit and mandarins was the fruit selection and the hot could best be described as similar to Littlewoods cafe in the 70's worst was the stack of sorry pieces of toasted bread which were black on the underside.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Stephen K
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was a 3 night coach holiday at the same time as 3 other coach parties. First morning breakfast was a shambles, grossly understaffed. They had split the breakfast times so that 2 coaches had 7:30 and 2 had 8:30. No staff were monitoring the buffet breakfasts, so some choices were not refilled when empty. Evenings were slightly better organised, although still understaffed for the number of diners. I never had any hot water for the whole 4 days, when I complained to reception, i was advised to run the hot tap for 15 minutes as the heating system was old! Buses to Birmingham and Coventry run every half hour and the nearest pub is a 20 minute walk away. For the money paid the food was good value with choices of starter, main and dessert.

Room Tip: Gound or 1st floor as lifts get very busy at meal times when coach parties staying
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank MJC777
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I was dreading this stay with a lot of the comments on here, but you no it was fine. Clean bedding, clean towels every day, the staff were very helpful and pleasant.
The food was excellent for the money we paid. Good choice of main courses, with soup or salad to start and a couple of choices for desert !!!!!! what do people want !!!! it's not 5 star accommodation but we didn't pay 5star money. We went with national holidays and would go again. So please do try before making up your mind.

Room Tip: We stayed on 5th floor and was fine, lifts very busy when you first arrive and when coaches are on trips, but can easy get over things like that.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hovis402
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have stopped at this hotel a few times now and the last couple have been a bit dodgy with the rooms smelling of smoke and the food not being edible, but this time I can honestly say that it was a pleasure to stop there.

The rooms my parents and myself were in were extremely clean, no marks on the carpets, wallpaper all intact, and were a good temperature to sleep in.

The food was adequate for the price that we paid for, as was included in the package holiday and was hot.

The staff who were on reception were very helpful and when I asked for help working out the taps for the bath, they stated they would find out for me and I had the answer when I returned from day out.

The only niggle was that there was very little hot water.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and all the rooms were spacious and clean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family