“You get what you pay for!”

Britannia Hotel Coventry
Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My partner & I stayed here for a darts competition weekend along with 250 other members. Check in was so quick & organised and very proffesional. We had room 711 ( smoking room as my partner is a smoker, pleasant supprise to find an hotel that still offers this facility). Room was lovely & clean with nice new white towels & linen. Plenty of wardrobe & drawer space and hangers. The decor though was a bit dated,but what the heck we were only sleeping in there. The food was lovely we didnt have one bad meal while we were there. The only negative that we experienced was a distinct lack off staff. which showed greatly in the bar/s and restaurant, a lot of waiting and queuing. Other than that we had a great weekend along with a lot other guests that stayed with us too. Thanks Brittania we will see you again next February :) :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Malcolm R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,359)

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Booked a 1 night stay here for our wedding anniversary, when we arrived the reception staff had no knowledge of our booking until I gave them booking confirmation, we asked for a quiet room with a cathedral view, we got the view BUT got what sounded like an orgy next door for 6 hours on the Sat afternoon. We got locked IN & OUT of our room as door handles fell off 3 times, room was clean bathroom too, didn't eat there used Weatherspoons instead, overall we were glad to go home for a rest

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank wba5dingles1
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My wife and I had the misfortune to spent a weekend at this rowdy hotel recently.On both nights we had virtually NO sleep due to the fact that drunken yobs were allowed to rampage along the corridors all night long.It was impossible to complain as the phone in the room had craftily been removed making it necessary to get dressed to go to the desk to complain.The police were called but the riotious noise continued.My 2 written complaits did not even get a reply.Never again will I pay to stay at a BRITANNIA hotel.BEWARE...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank robert R
Reviewed 13 February 2012

i paid £36 for one night ..the room was clean and realy nice ..yes the decor is abit dated but what do you expect its a old hotel.. you cant go wrong for the price realy!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I booked this room as a last min deal for two nights and have to say its a terrible hotel. The staff left me waiting and told me to come back as my confirmation from last minute had not come through despite having booked 8 hours in advance! They did not appear helpful or bothered. The actual room was disgusting it was dirty curtain was hanging off, carpets stained, net curtains were yellow and throughout the night a constant noise from outside. I managed to change rooms but the second one was just as bad. For a cheaper price I could have booked the travelodge! You will leave this hotel feeling robbed and disgusted as the quality of food,rooms,staff and facilities are extremely poor. Very old fashioned with no up to date features. I'm suprised it still makes a profit! The only thing it has going for it is the location.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Harvey841
Reviewed 10 February 2012

The bar area was freezing! Sat with a coat on but had to go to pub around the corner to thaw out! Asked to produce a card of some sort when ordering a drink and when I told the barman I didnt have one he refused to serve me! " But Im a guest!" Oh You didnt say that.
The Reception is tired looking and the lifts seem to have a mind of their own. All in all,pretty poor!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The rooms are bit tired, the pillows very hard, the service a bit chaotic, the reception & dinning room chilly but for the price we paid we can have few complaints. Car parking is a council car park across the road where you have to pay and they do put an extra charge on of £2.00 if you pay with any sort of card-a bit naughty and a point well hidden in the small print when we booked. Apart from the price the plus points were the location, just across the road from the bus station and very near the cathederal and the fact we weren't actually in the room for very long-just to sleep-so perfect for what we wanted.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends