“Ideal location for the Craft Festival!!”

and 1 more site!
Stoneleigh Park Lodge
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Durham, England, United Kingdom
“Ideal location for the Craft Festival!!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We decided to book at Stoneleigh Park as we were attending the Great British Craft Festival, its location was perfect we could casually walk to the show and not worry about parking etc. had a lovely meal in the restaurant and enjoyed the benefits if a Garden Room with french doors to your own patio area. Most enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Craftybabe696

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed for a couple of night for an event at the show ground. Sign states Bed & Breakfast but its more like an hotel, good welcome from the reception staff, quick check in, room reasonable size, well furnished, tea and coffee making, nice towels,etc, bed was very comfortable, but no air conditioning so window left open, some noise from the car park, but no real problem. You get what you pay for and at the price it IS good value. Evening meal was one of the best I have had, good wholesome foot, very good ingredients, well cooked and efficiently served.The chef should be congratulated on his value for money ,honest food.Breakfast,buffet style, once again simple but good, quality ingredients for mainly local suppliers (check out the sausage, local farm butcher supplied). Plenty of secure parking, middle of a show gound so not much to see,but, pleasant for a walk around and close enough to the airport (B'ham) for a night before or after a flight. Friendly staff who made us most welcome.

Room Tip: If you want to sit outside ask for a garden room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed at Stoneleigh Park with my son for 3 nights while touring universities. The place was clean, conveniently located and calm. Even if our room was right next to the car park and front door, we hardly heard anything at night. Restaurant is not fancy, but what you see is what you get. Honest place. And if you choose to have the full English breakfast in the morning, there's no need to eat anything for the rest of the day.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed here the night before an event at Stoneleigh Park. Plenty of parking and nice and quiet. The staff on the barrier gave us directions and we had no trouble finding the Lodge. Had a garden room with double doors out onto a patio with table and chairs which was very useful.The room was very clean with a nice large bathroom. The TV could have been slightly bigger but have experienced much worse and at least it was fully functioning.

Dinner was very nice and served quickly, fairly good value for money considering some hotels' prices. Breakfast was also very good, buffet style cooked breakfast with all you would expect and hot/cold drinks machines.

All the staff were very helpful and welcoming. I have no complaints and found it very good value for money. We are looking forward to our stay in March, this time for 2 nights.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stayed in this "hotel" for x2 nights, whist attending an event at Stoneleigh Park. The twin mattress had been shoved together and shifted apart with the slightest of movement, the sheets where itchy, the bathroom was, lets say, less than clean with hair on the edge of the bath that clearly wasn't from someone's head. The in room telephone didn't work, nor did the x2 lamps either side of the bed. The TV was so small & far away from the bed that it might as well of not been there. The food I had was just wrong! I ordered steak, mid-rare with mix veg & mash. I've never known steak to be microwave cooked!? Breakfast was ok, not great with a very limited selection. To top all this off my room was broken into and I had x1 pair of flip-flops & x1 dress stolen. I reported it to the receptionist on the 2nd day to be told the manager was off until mid-morning the next day.
In the morning I once again spoke to a receptionist who said the manager would call me when he came in. I then called the police, filed crime report & awaited the call from the "hotel". A few hours later he called and asked me to return to the location, which I did. He sat me in the bar area and explained that after investigation my room had in fact been, & I quote "compromised but the hotel is not liable" he then showed me a breakdown of all the data for my room number/key & said that a cleaners key had been responsible but there was no way of knowing which member of staff it was, as all staff have access to these keys, not just the cleanerrs. (top marks for security there!) He then kept saying "we are not liable" and continued to say "but as a gesture of goodwill, send us receipts and we will reimburse you. Now the dress was £25 & the flip-flops £10, which isn't fortunes however, to keep saying they are not liable really made me mad! This is a hotel the company booked for me and we had x10 other rooms. I feel hugely let down by this "hotel" & its "manager". When I asked if he had any suspects he said "No." I asked if this had happened before & in all honesty if he did have a suspect would he tell me? To this he replied, with a slight laugh "No, I probably wouldn't tell you & yes we have had complaints before."
- Charming!

Room Tip: Tip for a good room........ NOT THIS HOTEL!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Amanda S
Biggar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed at Stoneleigh Park Lodge at the weekend whilst attending an event in Stoneleigh Park so it was very convenient. We had booked a garden room as we had a couple of dogs with us. Check in was very quick and friendly, loads of parking. The room itself was fine - comfortable twin beds, bathroom was clean, good powerful shower and plenty of hot water. We didnt have a meal here in the evening but the breakfast was excellent quality.
Overall it is excellent value - £60 for the room plus £5 per dog. If attending another event in Stoneleigh park i would definitely stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Wimborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Booked as we were going to Coventry for a concert.
Great location, Stoneleigh park is a strange but great place.
The hotel is a posh Travel lodge, the bed was ok, a little hard but comfortable. No spoons in the room but I am sure if we had asked the very friendly staff, this would have been sorted. The best part of the room was the view, overlooking lovely grounds and pegoda.
Check in was good. I have to say, the staff were great, a very friendly welcome.
Breakfast was the weakest part, cereal and toast, no croissants etc and the toaster too powerful. Hot food was fried egg, beans, sausages and bacon, not the best selection and as a vegetarian, a couple more selections would have been good.

Would we stay again? Yes, the price is good and location, excellent.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Catherine L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
Premier Inn Coventry South (A45) Hotel
Citrus Hotel Coventry by Compass Hospitality
Arden Training and Conference Centre
Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry
Premier Inn Coventry City Centre (Earlsdon Park) Hotel
The Peacock Townhouse Hotel

Been to Stoneleigh Park Lodge? Share your experiences!