“Very Pleased we chose this Lodge Very Good AA Rating”

and 1 more site!
Stoneleigh Park Lodge
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Conwy, United Kingdom
“Very Pleased we chose this Lodge Very Good AA Rating”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We Booked here because the last place we stopped was not very good at all so decided to pack up and leave
We didn't really take a lot of time reading all the reviews but did read a few so decided to go for it
Punched in the Sat Nav Post code and off we went.
Sat nav took us to the entrance and driveway of stoneleigh abbey which was closed
Rang the hotel and they gave us another post code which took us back to the abbey entrance again, so we carried on down ignoring all the signs until we arrived at a set of locked gates?
we realised that our destination lay through these gates so it was either pick the lock,
ram the gates or try an alternative route.
Eventually we arrived at a Gatehouse and enquired where we in the right place?
We had made it.
At first glance it didn't look impressive and we thought "out of the frying pan into the fire."
We had no need to have any worries however as check in was quick and easy
Swipe Card entry into room which was Premier Inn Looking
Large Very Clean Big windows that opened with views across what looked like a Horse running circuit .and Pavilions etc.
Very Peaceful place to stay ,Evening meal was spot on,Buffet breakfast was Superb
Would definitely stay again.
There was an indoor Car Boot sale on So we decided on wandering over for a quick look
After about ten minutes of wandering around we were approached by a very concerned woman with Hi Viz and a Radio transmitter in her hand. Have you paid? She asked We replied no but my wife produced two fifty pence pieces from her hand and gave them to her. No Thank you from her No Tickets either?? How do they pay taxes?? Any Tax Inspectors Reading this? Makes you think Anyway off she trotted Talking into the hand held device as she went Saying "Search over, Ive Located them"
Lol

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

When we turned into where Stonleigh was we were perplexed as there were security gates and lodge. It was like driving into an Industrial Estate. Thought we had made a wrong turning but soon found out it was indeed the right place. We drove through the gates and made our way through this place where there were Industrial units, Offices and other buildings as well as a racing track for horses etc. At the end we turned right and at the end was the Hotel. Very modern looking
and we felt quite happy. Inside was bright and clean and as we went for the weekend with my sister and husband I had booked then a Garden room on the ground floor which turned out to be really lovey. I recommend if you can book a garden room as you have your own outside space through patio doors with table and chairs. We had a room on the first floor. Room 201, it was good except for the generator from the kitchen can be heard in there. Its starts up at 6am!! So be sure to tell them you do not want a room at that end.
We had an evening meal there and it was superb. As was the breakfast the following morning. Full buffet and excellent service. All the stff there were helpful and curteous. We will definately go again!! Leamington Spa was close as was Stratford upon Avon and Warwick.

Room Tip: A Garden Room is excellent. Avoid upstairs over the kitchen Room 201 is above it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Benahavis, Spain
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had cause to stay whilst son playing in the Powerade Assistants Golf Championship at The Coventry Golf Club. Did the usual internet homework and visited Stoneleigh Park Lodge when visiting for a practice round, left having booked - did not get to the other candidates.

Fantastic venue - quiet when we were there as no exhibitions/shows on. First night - previous weekend show guys letting their hair down but not beyond 1030pm added to in house entertainment at no cost! Highly recommend the garden rooms sun for coffee in the moring, sun for post golf apperitif prior to dinner.

Easy access from A46. Very clean, daily room service -even allowed us to bring our house cat for the duration as the trip coincided with bathroom refit whilst away.

Terrifically helpful staff. Very knowledgeable about the area.

Awesome menu - we ate in three of the four night stay. As a vegetarian the burger was lovely, the veggie skewers awesome so much so had them two nights - will be back to try the mushrooms!

Breakfast refreshed regularly sufficient choice hot/cold - healthy/holiday style indulged in eggs for breakfast four days on the trot always hot - food cleared with efficiency without undue haste

Well done - highly recommended

Room Tip: Take a Garden Room - worth the opportunity to sit out hear the birds!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Really good in every respect for the money with the one exception of the mattress, which was hard and gave me backache. That did affect my work trip quite a bit but if it wasn't for that I wouldn't hesitate to book again. In fact I'm keen to book again but that's the only bit I'm worried about!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

No problem with traffic noise! My room was near the stairs and overlooked the car park so there was some noise from people coming and going. Lodge is on Stoneleigh Park so lovely setting. My room was large as was the bathroom. Bed was comfy, tv and fairly generous tea/coffee making facilities. Good free wi fi throughout. Room and bathroom clean with toiletries and tissues. Good shower.
The rating is average because of the room. Whilst clean it was tired. The paint work was chipped, the carpet was stained and the room smelt musty. A handle was missing from the bedside cabinet. Perhaps if I had been in a different room I would have rated "very good". The breakfast was excellent. Unfortunately, I had chicken for dinner which was overcooked and dry but my companions said their meals were fine. Desserts were very good. The staff were excellent - very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Garden rooms are very nice - doors out onto a patio area with table and chairs
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Andover, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

As I drove into Stoneleigh National Agricultural Centre I must admit to not realising there was a hotel/ guesthouse on the site before I booked. Big plus - completely rural and nil traffic noise. A silent night was in my personal forecast. I checked in behind a chap with two Rottweilers ( fair enough, dog shows on site the next day, and I was there for the Wolfhounds myself). What I hadn't counted on was the said Rottweilers commenting on every passing owl until one in the morning - and since there seem to be wooden floors, this was accompanied by what sounded like the pair of them jumping on and off the bed. Or maybe it was the owners. Either wooden floors or poor soundproofing, so take earplugs. Clean and huge ground floor room with the smallest wall heater and tiniest tv screen ever seen, decorated in "circa 1980 chintz", great bathroom. Very reasonable rates, nothing missing that you could possibly want, thrilled to find plenty of de caff coffee to hand. I was a little afraid that the two French guys I was meeting would not rate the meal in this guest house, but very pleasantly surprised at the quality and standard of the food, lots of beautifully cooked veggies and incredibly reasonable price. They practically licked their plates for each course and appreciated les anglais puddings choices. Breakfast good too, would be nice to have more choice of fruit than just the bowl of grapefruit, but for this price….. I've put this one on my personal list as it would be a great place to stay with a dog or to sneak off with a lover( not the latter for me, but could see the possibilities dear reader) - you would not be at all likely to bump into anyone, it was very quiet - and nice walks around this huge site with its trees and lawns. Lovely helpful staff too. dropped a star on being old fashioned and the broken nights sleep… maybe put the dog owners together and the non canine inclined elsewhere?

Room Tip: loved the ground floor room with a patio and table and chairs outside - in good weather.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Liz T
Dorset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I booked a gardeb room, and it was nice to have the patio doors and table and chairs outside, the fence could do with a little bit of paint, but the stay was nice, the bed was comfortable, bed linen was clean, bathroom was spotless, tsa and coffee in the room, tv worked great. I ate in and had the most delicious meal of a proper steak and ale pie with fresh vegetables, very tasty.

I found the staff to be pleasant and helpful, plus the booking in process was seamless. The hotel is not centrally located but if you are looking for a relaxing stay, peaceful and away from the hustle, then this is ideal.
I would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Choose a garden room if you know that the weather is going to be nice
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kate1971-04
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
Premier Inn Coventry South (A45) Hotel
Citrus Hotel Coventry by Compass Hospitality
Arden Training and Conference Centre
Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry
Premier Inn Coventry City Centre (Earlsdon Park) Hotel
The Peacock Townhouse Hotel

Been to Stoneleigh Park Lodge? Share your experiences!