“Comfortable, convenient and cost effective.”

and 1 more site!
Stoneleigh Park Lodge
Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Northants
“Comfortable, convenient and cost effective.”
Reviewed 20 May 2010

I really enjoy my regular stays at Stoneleigh Park Lodge. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the food reasonably priced and tasty. It really does offer a relaxed and relaxing stay in the middle of a bhusy week.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Ireland
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I was attending a meeting here, and as Stonleigh Events centre is in the middle of nowhere (literally!), it made sense to book into the lodge. From the website and my initial interactions I had very low expectations, with the drive into the complex only compounding that. However, once I got inside the hotel I was pleasantly surprised!

I got a very warm, local greeting and a very prompt check-in. My room was clean, airy, had all the facilities needed, and unlike so many UK "lodge" style hotels, well kept!! The small restaurant doubles as a bar, and has a pleasant atmosphere with lovely staff (certainly no airs or graces here!)

Breafast was included in the room rate, and I have to say fantastic!! I'm guessing it was all local produce and certainly of a high quality and taste. Being able to enjoy it in the sunshine on the terrace was a bonus!!

My only negative was the price. I thought considering the location, it was a bit high. However, if I was attending an event in the complex again, I would have no hesitation in staying here!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
UK
Reviewed 18 March 2010

I'm a regular visitor and know that I'm always going to get friendly service, good food and a sound night's sleep, what more could you want?

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
St John-in-Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2009

It should be remembered that this venue claims to be a guest house rather than a hotel.
Location within the National Agricultural Showground was ideal for our purpose. Check-in went very easily and we had a garden room which meant that we had access directly onto a lawned area via french doors directly from our room - very good. The room was very clean and tidy with all amenities (except biscuits) present. Shower/Bathroom was of a good size and clean.
Dinner is served in a lounge area and although the quality of the food was good, the portions could be larger.
Bed was firm and the bedding of an inferior quality, rough and scratchy. Freeview TV with lots of channels, small but adequate sized screen.
Breakfast is buffet style, the cooked food is served out in small quantities which ensures that the food is fresh, hot and not dried up. I would have liked to have seen further elements to the breakfast though, such as mushrooms and hash browns and possibly black pudding.
Check-out was easy and efficient.
Plentiful free car parking on site.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Halesworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2007

The hotel is situated within the Agricultural Showground - which seems a little strange but don't be concerned.
There is a large carpark and I was greeted at reception by a cheerful receptionist who smoothly checked me in.
The room was bright and airy, with a decent desk to work at and a remarkable clean bathroom. It's a shame that health and safety means that the windows would only open a small distance so I was unable to drink in the fresh air and quiet location.
I ordered room service, expecting the usual standard of hotel food that I have learnt to endure, boy was I in for a shock!
I ordered Pork sirloin with fresh vegetables and I can honestly say that this is the best hotel meal I've tasted in 4 years of travelling. It was local meat and you could tell they were very fresh vegetables, both taste and texture commanded my attention.
The next morning a cooked breakfast was available and you could eat out on the terrace if desired.
I'll definately be returning here.

• Liked — The exceptional quality of the food
  • Disliked — Restrictions on window openings.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Weekdaytraveller
England
Reviewed 10 December 2006

Our neighbours were having a party so we decided to decline their offer of attending and planned our escape. It's suprising when you start looking locally, how difficult it is to find a decent mid priced hotel. Well we found one in the Stoneleigh Park Lodge Hotel. It was quite spooky driving through the Royal Show Ground in the dark in December but we eventually found the hotel. Reception was speedy and efficient. The room was clean, well decorated and the bathroom was very clean. Our garden room had its own 'garden' over looking one of the show grounds. The hotel was silent over night and the locally sourced full breakfast was very tasty. Only one minor complaint - the mattress was a bit lumpy. Other than that - could not fault it and when we need to escape again we shall certainly try and stay at the Park Lodge.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — bed a bit lumpy
  • Tips/Secrets — try not to arrive in the dark
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank nut&tid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
Ramada Warwick Kenilworth
The Peacock Townhouse Hotel
The Warwickshire
The Warwickshire
#10 of 12 in Warwick

Been to Stoneleigh Park Lodge? Share your experiences!