“It's ok, but not brilliant”

Coombe Abbey Country Park
Ranked #5 of 80 things to do in Coventry
More attraction details
Owner description: For a family day out, or a quiet little picnic in the open air, visit Coombe Country Park. It offers 500 acres of beautiful gardens, woodland, lakeside walks, and bird watching. Visitor Centre: Shop, Information Centre, Cafe, Toilets, Baby Changing Facilities, Discovery Centre, Education Rooms, Conference and Event Facilities, Disabled Access Park Facilities: Picnic/BBQ Areas, Play Areas (Climbing Forest and Playground), Formal Gardens, Fishery, Bide Hide and SSSI, Duck and Swan Feeding, Pond Dipping Platforms, Woodland Trails, Birthday Parties, Family Events and Activities throughout the year - see our website for more details. Parking charges are as follows: *Cars Up to 1 hour - £1.00 Up to 2 hours - £2.00 2 to 4 hours - £3.80 All Day - £5.00 *Charge for both BLue Badge and Coventry Passport to Leisure Holders is £1 all day regardless of length of stay. Coaches - £25.00 Minibus - £10.00 We look forward to welcoming you into our award-winning Country Park
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is a place I have visited a lot, as it's quite near our home. On our last visit I found it's standard has slipped somewhat. It's a nice enough park to have a picnic and a long walk, but not so good for children, as there are not so many play areas as in the past. There is no entrance fee, but reasonable car park charges.

1  Thank JUPUk
There are newer reviews for Coombe Abbey Country Park

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is my second time going to Coombe abbey for high tea. My family were over from Australia and wanted to take them to some old but lovely places. The high tea was excellent, just as nice as the last time I visited. Just a shame about some of the service we got. We were seated quite quickly but also quickly the waitress or maître'd ask what we wanted before we'd got comfortable in our seats. It wasn't too busy so she wasn't rushed off her feet. I asked very politely if it was possible to have some plain sandwiches as my mother is allergic to certain foods. She said quite abruptly that she would have to ask the chef as the sandwiches are made to order! She was quite rude. But we did have a young man waiter who was very polite asking if we needed more tea coffee, he was very attentive. Luckily there were a few sandwiches my mother could have but no plain sandwiches came out! I don't think she even ask!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We felt we'd been given a budget meal by mistake but £35 is not a budget price. Our main courses had very little on the plates and, as we had 'saved ourselves' by eating very little in the day, we were hungry and ready for a super meal. We will not go again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Quite dull really for me, I came here on a school trip in 1979 & they had peacocks & a minor bird & I really enjoyed it then....found it dull and boring not enough sign posts on the walks

1  Thank SteveHB9777LM
Reviewed 23 July 2014

When I first visited Coombe Abbey, I was in awe of the place and I now regularly visit. There is a bus stop outside with a bus that goes to and from the Local Bus Station Pool Meadow.
The car park is massive with plenty of space, loads of stuff to do, cafes and lots of country space to explore. Overall an amazing place.