“Standard IBIS Experience - Superb Value”

Ibis Coventry Centre
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Standard IBIS Experience - Superb Value”
Reviewed 16 December 2011

A very normal IBIS experience, this time for £19.50. At that price, it's impossible to complain and indeed there was nothing at all to complain about. Quiet, clean, comfortable and convenient.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Jorganmeister
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay
and also took advantage of our winter sale. Please, note that the discounted rates are still available. We look forward to seeing you again. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights between Sunday and Wednesday.
I had a room on the second floor with view on the car park and the Spires. Typical Ibis design in the room. Nice, comfortable, perfect sound isolation.
Reception staff nice and efficient at a great price (especially if you have an accor guest card - free when i got it).
The restaurant seem to have nice food reasonably priced. Internet is not free but for what i paid for the room i did not mind paying for the internet.
It is a few minutes walk to the train station or the city centre, right next to Coventry university. Good base if you have to be in or around Coventry.

Room Tip: I think they are all the same...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, 19 December 2011
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to see that you are frequent guest in ibis. We are glad that you had a good stay and enjoyed your time in Coventry. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Joanna/ General Manager.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Spent the week exploring Coventry, the hotel was a great central location with only a five minute walk (once you worked out the sub-way) The staff always anwered all questions with a smile and nothing was to much effort.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient. My team will be delighted to hear your positive feedback. Kind regards, Joanna / General Manager.
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2011

The hotel is just like any normal Ibis', reasonably clean & tidy. In my numerous stays here there is almost always a problem with either the shower or toilet. Most issues are niggling and a lot of the others I have accepted or asked a member of staff to do so. The biggest issue is the hike in prices for the rooms and now charging for parking! This is not a 4 star hotel and the prices are getting close to the same level. While I would recommend to a friend I would also only book this hotel when I can get a deal on price.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
Thank you for your comments. I am glad to see that you are our frequent guest. As you probably know, we have 24/7 reception with staff trained to deal with the minor issues in the bedrooms within 15 minutes. Please, do not hesitate to contact us shall you experience any problems during your stay. We will be happy to help. I would also like to inform you that car parking charges in city centre hotels are a very common practice. Our competitors charge for car parking not located directly in front of the hotel per hour. Therefore I believe we offer the most convenient car parking at very attractive rate of £3 per day. As you kindly mentioned, to make bookings at attractive prices, it is advised to go to our website. Shortly you will be able to book accommodation on very low winter promotion rates. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Stopped over one night on a trip from Somerset to Yorkshire (not sure why that's important).

There are a couple of Ibis in Coventry. I like their brand because unlike other budget hotels you literally get EXACTLY the same no matter where you stay.

Location is perfect sat just on the outside of the Ring Road a short hop from the London Road.

Served as a great stopover as I went to school in Coventry so spent my evening wandering the streets catching up on old times.
Food at the hotel is basic microwave-type stuff, so nothing special; service was exceptional; room perfect. Like I said though exactly as I have come to expect.
I would advise this over other hotels in the town too as this is fairly new and doesn't look as tired as, say, the Britannia by the Cathedral.

Room Tip: Due to hotel location I can't believe you'd get a noisy room. It's just about how far yo...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, 11 November 2011
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your
stay. I have shared your feedback with the team. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
aberdeen
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Have stayed here for a business trip twice now, and I found the staff to be extremely helpful, and the rooms spotless. All I wanted was a clean bed, hot shower and some grub available. All were supplied. Particular kudos go to the cleaning staff. When I got back to my room after my meeting-there were fresh towels, bedding and it smelt very fresh. Wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: Don't get a family room unless you really have to. The little bed takes up a lot of room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Thank you for your very kind words. Your review is very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your compliments with housekeeping department. We look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Joanna/
General Manager.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Nice hotel with friendly staff, found Darren to be a real credit to the hotel and a keeper. Will be back next time we visit Coventry, one of the best stays we have had.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Thank you very much for the positive feedback. I will share your comments with the whole team. We hope to welcome you back shortly. Kind Regards, Joanna/ General Manager.