“Good Value”

Ibis Coventry Centre
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
“Good Value”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Stayed for 4 nights. Nice to find a hotel chain that do not rip you off when you have pets. No charge for them at all. Well positioned for the City. The bed takes a bit of getting used too but we got there in the end. Good facilities. I will use them again. Just remember it is a budget hotel

• Stayed June 2012
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your
stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Poitiers, France
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have been using this hotel for business trips for almost six years. The only thing that really disappoints me is the lack of free wifi. In this day and the cost of this to the group would be minimal, however to charge 9.99 per day is disgusting, particulalry when the stay may be for four or five days. It is not always possible to book in advance and take advantage of the offer that would include use of internet, business is not like that. It would be very easy to make a record of regular customers and offer free wifi, I think over the years I have paid a good contribution towards it. I never take breakfast at the hotel now, I did in the past but now find it expensive and sometimes of poor quality. The housekeeping and desk staff are very friendly. The current manager is not as friendly as prevoius people and has a bit of a power problem. Despite all this I will continue to stay there.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for your review. We are happy to see that you have been continuously staying with us for so many years. Please, let me inform you that wifi charges are applied in all Ibis hotels in UK and at the moment there is no possibility of amending it at hotel level. However, you are welcome to take advantage of multimedia promotion that includes breakfast which is advertised in the hotel. I am sorry to hear that you believe the breakfast price has increased rapidly. The price was increased last time 3 ago and this is due to the fact that we have implemented cooked breakfast across Ibis hotels in UK. Moreover, we also run in house promotion for breakfast that offers you over 30% discount. In case you have any comments in regards to any member of hotel management, I would be grateful if you could share it directly with me. We welcome all guests comments. Kind regards, Joanna/ General Manager.
South Wales, UK
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed in June 2011. On arrival the staff (seemingly one guy on his own) pointed me to my room. I was planning a quiet evening reading my book however after putting one foot in the room I decided otherwise. The room was in poor decorative order and smelled fousty such that I wanted to spend as little time there as possible, subsequently I decided to hit the town and have a few beers. Upon returning I slept ok (thanks to the beer) but despite paying in advance for a full breakfast was told that breakfast was off!! Instead i was told a 'continental' breakfast would be provided. This consisted of a piece of cheddar, toast and a small box of cereal, washed down with a coffee from a vending machine!! Ghastly!! The only thing I would say in the defence of Ibis is that I have stayed at some of their other hotels which have been ok.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Adrian D
IbisCovManager, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay. I am also surprised to see that complaint posted here 9 months after your stay. Please let me inform you that we apply 15 Minutes Satisfaction Policy in ibis. Therefore if for any reason you were unhappy with the bedroom, we would have done our best to resolve any reported problems within 15 minutes. Otherwise we would have refunded the cost of the room. The literature on that policy is in every bedroom as well as in hotel public areas and on the website. I am sorry that you have not reported the unpleasant smell in your room to reception which is available 24/7 and ready to asssit you. At all ibis hotels in UK we provide the same standard of breakfast which consists of both cooked and continental items presented in one buffet offer. The same 15 Minutes Satisfaction Policy applies to restaurant and breakfast offer. Kind regards, Joanna/General Manager.