“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 17 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sam W, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Got a nice lovely room, properly ventilated, the shower was one of d best ever, lol... Didnt eat, but drinks were priced ok... Very very close to the city centre, although u have to figure it out becos of the bridge/motorway.. Will stay again though, was worth the money

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Kind regards,
Sam White, General Manager

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Would recommend Ibis - clean room, coffee etc in room. restaurant wonderful food and the staff made you feel so welcome. I have no complaints of the Ibis and have stayed in a few this year not one has disappointed me.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Kind regards, Sam White, General Manager.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sam W, General Manager at Ibis Coventry Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Reviewed 11 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 December 2013

This is my second time staying here. This time I stayed for 16 days with my wife and had been treated well. The parking is free (just validate the parking ticket at the counter) and and the area is safe. The room condition is very modern and clean. The breakfast is very healthy (but it is the same for whole duration). I was given option whether to take breakfast there or not, and it will be charged accordingly.

Location is perfect - nearby to city center. The halal restaurant is only 5-10 minutes walks away. Bus Station is 3-5 minutes drive. Warwick University is 7-10 minutes drive.

Wifi is free and works well.The staff are very courteous. I even asked for extra towel and they provide to me everyday. The room cleaning service could be better (The drinking glass was left unwashed. There were occasion where I left my pajamas on the bed, and later I could not find it that night. After searching, it was left under the bed-sheet/comforter. The cleaner just make up the bed and put the bed-sheet/comforter on top of pajamas. Maybe I was expecting the cleaner to fold it up and put on top of the bed.)

Overall, I have no regret staying here. If it is not for the house keeping issue, I would give "Very Good" for the price offered.

Room Tip: Rooms NOT facing the car park has better view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. With regards to housekeeping issue, rest reassured I will look into that matter and make sure it will not happen again. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, [General Manager Sam White]

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I'd actually give this 2.5 stars out of 5 - Very average. We stayed on November 30th 2013

I was travelling back home and wanted somewhere to stay to break the journey up. Although we booked late we ended up paying £75 for the room. We were completely ripped off with the price, but had no choice to pay it. My partner was ill and we had to stay somewhere. I booked via my credit card and was told on arrival that they needed to see my card. Now i'm all for security, but i do not carry this card with me at all times. After trying to explain and offer countless forms of ID and showing the online banking from my phone for that card the guy on reception was having none of it. I ended up refunding the card and paying on my debit card to save the hassle. I didn't read the small print and have never come across this problem at any other hotel i've ever stayed at - I've stayed at all the major brands in the UK and not come across this once.

The room was nice and big but right next to reception, all we heard all night was drunken revelers and got no sleep at all - I didn't complain due to the previous issue and we checked out early.

Not a good experience, but certainly a lesson learned and from now on i'll read the small print a bit better.

Tip - Make sure you always have the card you booked with when staying at any IBIS

Room Tip: Stay away from any rooms near reception - You hear everything!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to ibis Coventry Centre. I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay and service. I hope you will appreciate the fact our staff is only following procedures to avoid fraudulent use of credit cards. With regards to noise I will personally mention and retrain staff members to assign rooms far from lobby area. Kind Regards, General Manager Sam White