“A good mix of Indian and English food”

The Farmhouse Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 589 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Indian, Steakhouse, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At The Farmhouse Coventry we have two menus. A good-old English menu and a traditionally home cooked Indian menu, so whether it's a premium cut of rib eye steak or a succulent spicy tandoori chicken we've got it all here at The Farmhouse Coventry!
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Just taken my family out to this restaurant. They are in the middle of building an extension but they managed to hide the brickwork behind a curtain very well. I personally do not eat Indian food but my kids really enjoy it and this place caters very well for both. The waiters and waitresses were very attentive but unfortunately they were not very good, they mixed up the tables and the food, but nothing too disastrous. They have a good selection of pub food for the likes of me, and from the limited knowledge I have of an Indian menu, they cater very well for those who like that food. The food when it came was very well cooked and there was enough of it. It was also presented very nicely. The costs were very reasonable as well. Overall the meal and experience was good and I shall be going back there again, probably before Xmas.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Great service food lovely and hot! all of the basic elements of a good Sunday lunch, kids meal good size portion, well presented with delicious pudding(chocolate brownie). Main menu looks really appetising with huge selection, we will definitely be back to sample that with the portion sizes I noticed on nearby tables

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Once again a lovely Sunday lunch served by the farmhouse. Brilliant value roast at 2 for £10. We come here all the time as we are never disappointed.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

The Farmhouse Restaurant, Coventry was my favourite restaurant in the area, until my
last visit on Monday 18 November 2013. On that date I visited the Farmhouse with my usual friends.
One of my friends had the battered fish which did not taste right. She complained to the restaurant Manager who stated he knew there was a problem with the fish, as he had already had complaints. (If that was the case, why did he carry on serving that dish)?

My other friend had salmon and that too was not nice.

I had sirloin steak which was good, but I asked for english mustard and mayonnaise, (Which I had previously in this restaurant). Tghe waiter brought me a 'saucer' of 6 red sauce, which he litterally threw onto the table, 2 of which ended on my lap and he said you will have to make do with that, there is no mustard or mayonnaise.

Such a shame as I said earlier this WAS my favourite resataurant, but no longer :(

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

First time visitor and not impressed. Had no expectation and so no predetermined expectations. Ordered some nachos which were not actually tortilla crisps but the pastry used normally for samosas - very greasy and sickly after a few. Then for the main the 'Indian fish & chips' which was advertised as cod but actually some cheap alternative fish that u normally find in a cheap kebab shop. The pricing of some of the Indian dishes is pretty high also. To some up the menu - mutton dressed as lamb.

5  Thank dkalair
Vic M, Owner at The Farmhouse Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Mr dkaLIAR thank you very much for your time and analysis of our restaurant.
Firstly you ordered the nachos starter which quite clearly you was not happy with. just to inform you the nachos we serve are homemade using tortilla flour and are 100% fresh, had you addressed a member of staff or management that there was a problem we would have been able to offer you an alternative as our aim is to make your visit an enjoyable experience. However if we had put Doritos on your plate I'm sure you would have still given us a terrible rating for doing so.
Mr dkaLIAR the team and I feel sadden that you have incorrectly accused us of false advertising & are very disheartened as we take pride in our food and make sure that we use premium ingredients so that there is no compromise on taste or quality.
The 'Indian fish and chips', is a unique dish from 'The farmhouse' which is a fillet of cod coated in Indian spices served with chips and curried lentils. This dish is very popular and has been very successful as we have frequent regulars returning to take pleasure in it time and time again.
I have also taken the time out to look at your other reviews, it seems quite apparent to me that you use trip advisor to leave negativity were ever you visit.
If you have any other queries or anything else that your are unclear of please do not hold back in contacting myself.
wm09@hotmail.co.uk