“Good hotel for british grand prix”

Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Used as set of point for british grand prix. good price decore a bit tired rooms clean did not use anything else left at 0300 for race

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank PSO211837
Cheryl F, Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Stayed here overnight prior to a meeting, where I had also booked a meeting room at this hotel.

Received a welcome letter on my arrival telling me I was important as a Priority Club Gold Member, offering me all sorts of nice things if I stayed Mon - Wed, however the night I was staying was a Thursday?!

Room was fine but warm and the bed comfortable. Bathroom compact but again absolutely fine with decent water pressure - all of which was clean. I opened the small top window for some air, but would have preferred to open the full window, which had been completely sealed. This was annoying but acceptable as I was on the first floor, and I can understand the liability issue if small children were staying in the room.

Breakfast was OK but not great. I chose the continental offering - the ham was excellent, but the slices of cheese were dryed up around the edges, so did not eat that. Service itself was good and staff welcoming and friendly.

Meeting room set-up is a little strange, as the signage to indicate what meeting room you are in, is within a lounge area that cannot be seen by people arriving at the hotel so all my guests ended up phoning me on arrival to ask where to find me.

I had been allocated a meeting room which happened to also be the fire exit, so when I asked for a key to the door, I was told there wasn't one and if I wanted to leave the room, just call and someone would stand by the door to guard my possessions! Again, to be fair, I expressed my unhappiness about this and was transferred to another room which did not have a fire exit, and was given a key. I cannot fault the conference manager, he was professional and friendly and dealt with my complaint quickly and efficiently.

There is a nice coffeeshop area within the hotel and the young man manning that was lovely and helpful - nothing was too much trouble. Their sandwiches are also very good!

Why might I not return? I prefer room windows that open to allow more fresh air and I cannot be bothered with the thought of my meeting guests not being able to find me. I also feel that in this day and age, a meeting room price should include free wifi, so I will be returning to my usual haunts for meetings, where for the same price, teas, coffees, lunch and wifi are included.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Luxtraveller66
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your overnight stay at our hotel.
The feedback that you have provided is invaluable to us, as it enables us to target problem areas i.e. window not opening , breakfast items not of a qualitative standard, and take the necesssary steps to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.
Also the mention of the 'meeting room set up being strange' ... we have a purpose built Conference Academy within the hotel which encompasses its own reception foyer area with a conference host and this is where the signage is displayed. Again this is something that we shall be reviewing with as we are always working to improve our service levels.
Once again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stayed hear for one night en route to Southampton. The hotel is very near to the M6 so quite far from the centre of Coventry, having said that it was ideal for our stay. The hotel was large but we maintained and very clean. Unfortunately we were unable to use the pool but it looked great. All the staff we met were friendly and courteous, a refreshing change to some places we've stayed in! Had a light snack when we arrived which was nice, hot and tasty. breakfast was superb, great choices something for everybody.
Would definitely stay here again.
Only one moan, free WiFi, unlike Premier Inn where you get 30 minutes free holiday Inn charge, can't remember how much because we didn't use it! but I believe it's quite expensive.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Swissball
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

It was pleasing to read your comments with regards to our services and facilities.
Thank your for taking the time to share your delightful thoughts and we will ensure that this is shared with our entire staff.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Hotel staff all friendly and rooms, bar, restaurant and pool all very clean and comfortable. Breakfast very good.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MichaelVisits
Cheryl F, Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

We do appreciate you taking the the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.
Thank you on behalf of all the staff at the Holiday Inn.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

I stay in this hotel on a regular basis for business, great location, friendly staff, good food and a really good spa and pool.
The staff are always helpful and friendly and I always get a good nights sleep.

1  Thank Fabface
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I do visit here a couple of times a year and it does change.

This time the room was excellent, spacious and spotlessly clean. All staff seem cheerful and polite and will always greet you.

The food was of a good standard as usual and the meal deal is good value for money. I am not too sure that the carvery is a good idea, others do it so much better, but of a good quality all the same and there are load of other choices.

We were there for our Spring Conference and the way the staff handled that event was very good, I guess the best compliment would be to say you hardly knew they were there.

Room Tip: A room on the back of the plot dioes seem a bit quieter.
1  Thank Kim H

Thank you for your comments and we are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed for work. Nice conference areas, reception and check in all fine.

Room was usual HI standard, clean and comfortable bed.

The restaurant was a carvery on Wednesdays, which was average. No bettter or worse than somewhere that charges £5.95. (Though it wasn't £5.95!)

The big let down.....

Would you like a paper? Yes please a Mail
Would you like a call? Yes please 9 am
Room service hanger hung on door at 11.30,

No paper, no call, no breakfast!

If I was paying I would have made more of an issue, as it was a group work booking it didn't make much sense to cause much of a fuss. They did 'comp' my drink from the bar from the previous night but in general it should have been better.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

We do appreciate you taking the time in sharing your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay.
We are sorry that we let you down on this occassion as the hotel aims to consistently deliver a professional service to all our customers and i would like to state the level of service you received was unacceptable.
Once again, I do apologise for the annoyance that this may have caused you. The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.