“Beats The Hilton...but not great coffee quality.”

Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is a great hotel to have a business meeting....The Hilton over the road is currently having a refurb yet not 1 sign to tell you before entering the hotel, grounds or car park.....waste of time driving in, parking up, walking in, then seeing the temporary room they've set up as a 'bar' which is more like a library and not fit for purpose, so I immediately walked out.....they then wanted to charge me for parking for 3 minutes!!!!!

I went over to The Holiday Inn where the parking barriers were up (no ticket-hassle), ample parking and a great atmosphere to conduct my interview....the prices are not overly steep (£9.55 for 3 x hot drinks) although the quality of the coffee (considering it was in a Starbucks mug) was quite poor....weak and watery to say the least.

The service was good and the drinks were brought over to us.

Spotlessly clean toilets which is always nice to see.

I'll be using the Holiday Inn from now on for my meetings....but not ordering coffee!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear RichardF38,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted to hear that you liked our hotel facilities, level of service and overall cleanliness. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and superior accommodations. I am sorry that the quality of coffee did not live up to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and willing to help, the rooms are very clean, comfortable and spacious, and the breakfast buffet is definitely worth trying. Last but not least, it's also worth having a cup of the best capuccino in town served by Saurabh at the indoor Starbucks. He has a friendly disposition and nice conversation which makes you feel even more welcome at the hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Darren C, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear TripAdvisormember

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. we aim to deliver the highest standards across all our departments, and our team members pride themselves on delivering the best guest experience for the perfect stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments to Saurabh and the rest of the hotel team.

We look forward to serving you again in the future

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I am a regular at this hotel due to business.

The service I receive from the team here is 2nd to none.

Especially in the restaurant from Laura and Lee is exceptional.

Always greeted with a smile and nothing is too much trouble.

People make the difference when there are so many choices.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Mdca99,

People do make a difference and our people are second to none. We pride ourselves on delivering the very best guest experience from the moment you enter until the moment you leave, and this has clearly been the case with you. Our team members across all areas of the hotel always aim to give the very best and highest quality of guest service and I will be sure to pass along your comments to those team members who have stood out for you.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Good location if visiting business in the Walsgrave Triangle area. Rooms are clean and have a good TV. I Typically eat in the bar area when away on business and the bar food in this hotel is very good. Staff are very friendly and always ask if they can help.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear GlennT,

Many thanks for your comments. Being centrally located off the motorway we are great for meetings around the area and I am please that you found us. We at the hotel pride ourselves on delivering a great guest experience and are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed here for two nights to attend a course which was taking place in the hotel. The room was very comfortable with a choice of pillows, it was quiet and I had a great sleep. I forgot my toothbrush and razor and these were provided free of charge which was very nice. I had a nice dip in the pool both nights and made use of the sauna and steam rooms as well which were all good. I thought the staff were very helpful and they assisted me in printing off my boarding pass.

As a course venue it was very good. Plenty of snacks, nuts, fruit, yogurt, buns were supplied during the time we were there which made all the difference. The second part of the course is going to be in the same place and hopefully it's in the same place.

Only a couple of issues, the black pudding for breakfast was woefully poor, everything else was fine, but this was a big let down. I don't usually see it in hotels so it was a pleasant surprise until I sunk my teeth into the tasteless round disk of black stuff. I rather they hadn't provided it at all instead of teasing me with that dark imitation.

Wi-fi should be free in hotels. Those that still charge for it are taking advantage of their guests. I know it's possible to get it free here by signing up to the rewards programme but why should I have to. I want to and didn't have time when I checked in so it was a nuisance. For the price we paid to stay here just give it to us for free with no strings thank you.

Next, the bar snacks. The staff very kindly sorted me out with some crisps from the kitchen. They had to do that since there were no other snacks to be had, they had run out of all the snacks on the menu.

Minor points but for the price I expect everything to be spot on and so it's only 4 stars out of 5 for me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MulchyG
Darren C, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Mulchyg,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the facilities of our Academy. I am a little disappointed that we did not meet your expectations when it came to the black pudding, I will be sure to pass on your comments to the kitchen.

Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you in the future

Reviewed 11 August 2014

visited for overnight and enjoyed it. lovely large room. very comfortable and nice bed . bathroom spotless and staff were very friendly and helpful. food was satisfactory but not for anyone with a big appetite. signed in to a rewards programme giving us free wifi access and offers for other stays at a variety of hotels. breakfast was very good and a relaxing atmosphere.just off the motorway so convenient to get to and would recommend this hotel for anyone in the area.

Room Tip: although near to the motorway we didn't hear any traffic noise at all. would seem that all rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Susancater,

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your guest experience was enjoyable. We pride ourselves on delivering high standards in every aspect of the hotel from our rooms to our teams and this has shown with you during your stay.

Thanks again for yuor comments and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for 1 night on Tuesday of this week. There were 2 adults and 1 child in our party and we all had a very pleasant stay. The gentleman who checked us in was very efficient and signed us up to the rewards programme which meant we got free wifi which was a big bonus. Our room was overlooking 'bunny meadow' at the back of the hotel which pleased our 5 year old no end! It was very quiet and we all slept like logs! The room has everything you need and there is a sign in the bathroom to say that if you have forgotten anything i.e razors etc they will supply you with them at reception which is handy. The room was spotlessly clean and there were plenty of towels provided as well as complimentary mineral water.
The breakfast was thoroughly enjoyable and had hot and cold choices, we went for the full English which was lovely and as it is self service you don't end up with things that you don't like on your plate. Service was very good and all of the staff were very friendly and helpful, we would stay here again and especially liked the health club facilities which were a great asset to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Darren C, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Coventry M6, Junction 2, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear monkeychops181,

Thank you for your wonderful review of hotel and facilities. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and even more so that your 5 year old enjoyed the "bunny run", they do provide hours of watching fun. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all the team members.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.