“Alan”

Stresa Kitchen - Coventry
Price range: US$11 - US$38
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Contemporary, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Stresa restaurant and bar at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry offers a contemporary British & Pan European inspired restaurant and is the place in Coventry to experience an authentic and modern dining experience. We are very proud that the restaurant has been awarded a Gold 2 Star Sustainability award in 2014. Stresa Restaurant is the perfect stop for a quick lunch or leisurely meal. Whether you are having an intimate meal for two, entertaining clients, enjoying a meal with your family, or throwing a party. Stresa is the perfect venue and offers the perfect setting anytime of the day or night.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Whilst the quality of our food was once again excellent, I feel that the menu was particularly weak on this visit. Staff seemed to pressure us in to ordering quickly even though it was a midweek, early evening booking and combined with an overly expensive wine list turned this visit to a particularly disappointing one, time for a new "favourite" to be found.

1  Thank Alan W
Mark H, Manager at Stresa Kitchen - Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Alan

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your recent experience at Stresa Kitchen.

I am sincerely sorry that on this occasion our menu and service did not deliver to the usual standards that you have come to expect from our restaurant. I have reviewed your constructive comments with my management team and can assure you that immediate actions and training will be taken with the front of house team. We always endeavour to deliver a relaxed and warm level of service of which on this occasion we have severely failed.

With regards to our current menu, I am sorry to hear you felt the offering was weak. Through feedback from our loyal guests our menu has started to evolve away from being entirely Italian to offering a varied more Pan-European cuisine. It is only with the valued feedback from diners such as yourself we can continue to develop.

I would like to have the opportunity to discuss your experience in more depth directly and attempt to restore the faith you once had with our restaurant. Please feel free to contact me directly either via email – mhills@ramadacoventry.co.uk or on 02476238110. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely
Mark Hills
Food & Beverage Operations Manager

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We have been here on several occasions in the last couple of years and always been great- nice food, friendly and helpful staff, reasonable prices. Will be back again soon.

Mark H, Manager at Stresa Kitchen - Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Cov7

Thank you for your great feedback. I will ensure your comments are passed to the team and we look forward to seeing you again soon in Stresa

Mark H & The SK Team

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I visited Stresa a couple of weeks ago for a friends birthday there were just over 20 of us and plenty of other guests in the restaurant as well. I had the three goats cheese starter and the mussels in cider which were some of the best that I have ever tasted. The food and service were very both very good, considering we were a large dinner party all of our food came out hot and together so no one was left waiting as can often happen. as a bonus as it was friday night there was a jazz band playing rather intimately in the corner which added to what was a very pleasant eating experience... we will certainly be dining here again soon.

Mark H, Manager at Stresa Kitchen - Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Sharon w

Thank you for your great feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed our Friday night jazz evening and we helped in the birthday festivities.

I will pass all your lovely comments on to all the team members involved and we sincerely hope we can welcome you again soon at Stresa Kitchen

Mark & the SK Team

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Was staying at ramada last night so thought I'd pop in for some food. I've eaten here before wen it was Italian , it was great. Last nite the service was great , had a pepper jar starter an pizza main, partner had the duck leg. My food was great , I'd b surprised if they had got my pizza wrong. The duck was excellent and the cherry rue brilliant. So no complaints here. Very nice meal all in all.only thing would be more veg options.

Dear Maximili 13

Thank you for your great feedback and I am so glad your enjoyed your evening with us. The menu is ever changing but we will always continue to stay true to our roots serving the great pizza & pasta dishes we are known for.

I will ensue your positive comments are passed on to the team and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Mark & the SK Team

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stressa restaurant Ramada Hotel Coventry
Not as good as it use to be. If you want health problems eat here!!
I have always enjoyed going to the Stessa restaurant, but since they changed the new menu, it is terrible!! Not as good choice, basically over priced pub food! Wished it was the Italian it used to be and everyone loved!! Always loved the decor and atmopshere, and food until it all changed!
I had the worst meal I have ever had in my life. Basically it tasted like I was eating the salt pot. I thought the chef has dropped the salt pot in it by accident. I tried to eat it as I was so hungry and didn't want to complain, but I really couldn't eat it. I gave some to my friend and they said it tasted over salted and the fish was overcooked so I sent my risotto back and spinach side dish, which also was way over salted, all I could taste was pure salt, it tasted horrible. If I have sent a sample of to the health inspector they would have had probably came up with the result that it had your weekly not daily, quota of salt in!! Terrible. Heart Attack waiting to happen!!. So so disappointed as use to be nice! Felt ill all night, drank about 3 pints of water!! My friend had the chicken dish which was small and he was still hungry afterwards, even with a said of chips. The chicken was over cooked and very dry also. The restaurant was not very busy so they had no excuses the chefs!!
Atmosphere and waiting staff are lovely, which is so disappointing the food is a big let down!! Won’t be going again! Shame as I used to love it and they have done a great job on the refurb.

3  Thank englanduk

Dear englanduk

Firstly please accept my sincere apologise for the poor experience with us. As you will know and have mentioned in your review this is not a standard in which we pride ourselves on delivering and I can assure action will and has been taken.

At the beginning of the year we made the decision to reinvent and develop the brand and become ‘Stresa Kitchen’. As such there were changes to the menu which until now had been heavily Italian lead. Unfortunately we accept our first season’s menu was not up to the level we have always delivered. Using the valuable feedback given by our loyal diners we have been able to constantly review, adapt and improve on the menu. Our new Spring menu will be launched in the next week, in which the choice has expanded, our Italian roots have been revisited and strict training has been given to ensure great flavour and careful seasoning is followed.

I’m sorry to see that you will not be returning but if you could give us the opportunity sometime in the future please contact me direct on 02476 238110 and I will organise everything for you.

Kind Regards