“Best steaks in coventry”
Review of The Red Lion

The Red Lion
Ranked #77 of 618 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Possibly the best steaks we have ever had, i had the 16oz tbone that was on the specials menu at the time and my wife had the 12oz ribeye. I have been to other restaurants in coventry before and for the price paid, had steaks half the size and half the quality of that at the red lion! Highly recomended and will definately be back again!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

In the past this pub has had a good reputation. It's nice outside in the garden when the sun shines. But it's gone to the dogs! It used to be busy, but not now. Food is ordinary at best. Steak was of poor quality and served with cold chips and our other dishes were overpriced and unappetising. What really astounded me though, was the service. Despite about five staff waiting and seven tables occupied it was impossible to get any attention. It reached the point that we were laughing at the ineptitude of the chap who appeared nominally to be in charge. No chance that finished plates be taken away. I had to dump them on the next table. A pudding menu left with us and completely forgotten about. I could go on. And it's not cheap! Not good enough!

1  Thank Geoff M
Reviewed 21 April 2014

went there for s lunch.....parking ok....when went in was instantly accosted by a staff member asking if I wanted a table....not even time to order a drink at the bar...any way ordered a drink...and picked a table and sat down.....ordered. bubble and squeak starter and faggots main coarse... [ real culture vulture ]...the starters came out, and boy what a treat....real black pudding, proper poached egg, proper bubble and squeak....then the main coarse, again proper locally produced [ I guess ]....proper mushy peas, and proper chips....all in all a real delight....looked at what other people were eating from what was a n extensive menu and I would say that all was of the same high quality....reckon what ever you order it would be good...

the over all experience was a good affair, and I would return without any hesitation.....as a tip....staff, don't be so over exuberant to get some one sat down.......plenty of seats/tables everywhere...you are in the countryside and people have had to drive to get to you, let them relax and let the food etc do the talking...

you are a result....

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is the first time I've ever wrote a review but feel I really have to. Myself and my fiancé and our two children came across the red lion on the way to another pub. It looked lovely from the outside so we thought we would give it a try. We were not disappointed, it was lovely inside and all of the staff were so friendly and polite even when they couldn't understand what I was saying ( Scottish) my parter ordered a 20 oz steak and I had a 14 oz. we were not disappointed. We both agreed they were the best steaks we had ever had, they were delicious. The children enjoyed their dinner also, I can not rate this place highly enough. If we are ever back down that way we
Will make sure we call in their. Keep up the good work girls.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We went to the Red Lion for mother's day and were rewarded With a splendid meal,.great service and all the mothers in our party where given a lovely scarf. We always use The Red Lion for our special occasions and up until now we have never been disappointed, the food is always first class as is the service, long may it continue. Thank you to all at the concerned keep up the good work