Premier Inn Coventry City Centre (Earlsdon Park) Hotel
US$37
US$83
US$81
Priceline
The Jacobean Hotel(Coventry)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$82
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstechnical collegemeal dealthyme restaurantmulti storey next doorcar park next doorair conlovely buildingwhat it says on the tinring roadcoventry city centregood nights sleepfamily roomcomfortable roomscomfortable stayexcellent staystayed for one nightovernight stay
Reviewed 24 December 2013

When I arrived at Coventry. The reception was kindly let me have room earlier to put my suitcases in because I need sit down in hotel with a hot drink. The staff was very helpful and polite and told us what to do in Coventry which I found it great city to visit. The room was spot on clean and fresh. The hotel is very interesting to stay at with nice rooms and posh stairs in the building. I shall recommonded it to my friends and family to stay their.

Room Tip: Its nice hotel in the old school building with theatre next door
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed overnight at Premier Inn. I found staff helpful, polite and above all efficient.
I the morning I came down to breakfast, where upon I was served by a very friendly and cheerful lady. The food was also very good and was exactly what it said on the tin.
My only issue would be with the website that did not mention, I would need my credit card when checking in.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Great sized family rooms.
A short walk from the town centre (under a subway though).
Lovely restaurant. Nice decor. We had breakfast there which was good but didn't have dinner etc
The staff were all really friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Deelovelyp
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed one night in this hotel so I wouldn't have to drive after my team's Christmas night out.
First thing, don't bother using the post code given on the web site with your satnav as it is wrong!!
The hotel has a car park virtually next door and is also quite handy for the Albany theatre.

Check-in was quite pleasant with the receptionist seeming to be pleased to see guests. Check-in was via an automated machine which I was shown how to use.

Paying for the car park was a bit of a nightmare as you can only pay using coins and then only once you have located the pay station near the front door.

I was kindly shown to the lift - you need to use your key card to access the lift.

My room was immaculate and very pleasantly laid out. I was really surprise at the size of the room. There was a double bed and there was also a desk in the corner. There were also nice simple touches like a hair dryer and a trouser press. There was a large widesceen TV and a kettle for making tea / coffee and biscuits. There was no phone in the room.

The bathroom was really clean and the place was well lit.
I have stayed in worst places and paid a lot more.
There was no phone and you had to ring an 0844 number to contact reception.

There was a dial on the wall to control the room temperature. I found out afterwards that you could set the dial to whatever you wanted but the room temperature was controlled by reception!!!

The area around the hotel was well lit and the taxi driver told me that it was quite a safe place to be out at night. About a 5 minute walk away there were numerous takeaway shops - some which were open until the early hours of the morning.

But the best thing about this hotel was the price. I booked 2 weeks in advance and only paid £39.

In summary, I would definitely stay here again. My room was very pleasant, the hotel is quite central and I couldn't complain after only having to pay £39.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank flawless101
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I worked in this building for many years when it was the old Coventry Technical College and I was delighted to see how excellently and sympathetically Premier Inn had converted and enhanced its Art Deco features into a superb hotel.

Plus Points:

- Check in was very quick and efficient: automated with friendly 'human' assistance

- As a previous reviewer has noted, it is BIG inside. The corridors are very wide as are the doors to the rooms. The building was opened in 1935 as a premier(!) building in the city and my continued praises go to the architects and builders. The original flooring, stairs and banisters have stood the test of time and walking them continues to give the building a Titanic sort of feel.

- My room itself was large and spacious. There was a note on the bed saying that the pillows supplied were firm but that soft ones could be found in the wardrobe if wanted. They were indeed there so I had a choice of mix-and-match. Great!

-The WiFi and TV both worked first time of trying.

- The room was spotless and the bathroom positively gleamed! It looked like a brand new installation. Outstanding cleaning work.

- The lift was quick every time.

- I was there for a work reunion of the old College and the service, food quality and ambience of our meal could not be faulted.

- Even though I was next to the junction on the Albany Road side of the premises, there was no noise at all and I slept like a log. Very good inner glazing.

- I have stayed in many hotels and had many good breakfasts, but for me here the breakfast was the best I have ever had in a hotel. Everything was buffet, but perfect! Crispy bacon and all items nice and hot.The offer included crumpets and Marmite (favourites of mine)!. Staff hosting and attentiveness from Norma was ideal and the overall experience was five star+.

- All staff members at whatever point of contact were obviously very customer-orientated.

Minus Points: