“Ok for stop over”

Quality Hotel Coventry
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting family/friends in the area.

We booked a double room for just £30 so needless to say it was a very cheap price. The parking was free and we had no problems finding a space. I did see parking bays with sign posts for 'Ladies' which seemed a bit bizarre. What century are we living in? ;)

There were no problems checking in or checking out. The female receptionist working on the Sunday morning was much more friendly than the young chap working on the Saturday evening, who didn't appear to be very bothered with us.

The hotel itself seemed very nice. The no lift issue did not bother us as we were only there for one night. The bedroom and bathroom were of fair size and furnishings. The coffee/tea facilities were average. Bedroom and bathroom were clean.

Two problems encountered; firstly we could not get the shower hose to work..tried to call reception for assistance but no-body picked up..after 15 minutes of playing around with the shower head and taking matters into my own hands I managed to somehow fix the problem and then enjoyed a nice long hot shower. The 2nd problem was the small double bed..not good for a 6 ft 2 person like myself.. if I lie straight my feet dangled off the bottom. The pillows were extremely thin like slithers. Surprisingly I still managed to get a fair night's sleep.

We did not eat here as the breakfast reviews did put me off somewhat, so we chose to eat out. No problems regarding noise - the environment was peaceful.

All in all this hotel is behind the times in terms of comfort with mediocre bedding and showering facilities- a satisfactory stay taken only into consideration the cheap price we paid for the room. I certainly would not pay full price to stay here but would consider stopping over for one night if it was £30 or below again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Good Morning

I am not quite sure how to reply to this somewhat detailed review based on your overnight stay of just £15 per person - an absolute bargain indeed!?

Furthermore, I do appreciate the vast length of time it must have taken you to write about every single minute aspect of your stay and all the various detailed comments. Did you have a clipboard and pen with you on this stay or some sort of dictaphone? Which leads me nicely on to the ladies parking bays. It is a standard we offer to our lone female travellers. Sorry if you, as the first male ever to criticise, are offended. We can't please everyone!

Our Reception is manned 24 hours a day so your long wait re the shower seems excessive. You could perhaps have walked down to speak to the Duty Manager? It is only a small hotel and the distance not too excessive.

I am thrilled for you and your partner that you got such a deal. But why mention breakfast? You didn't have it so why even discuss it? This comment has absolutely no bearing on your stay???

Extra pillows are in wardrobes and can be obtained from Reception should guests need further supplies. I would confirm our beds are of a standard size.

Please advise me if you are going to stay with us again. I would love to meet you!

Sincerely

Reviewed 7 September 2013

This hotel has most of the attributes of a 4* hotel but just lacks the final touch!!! Whilst the room we were given was very clean and tidy it lacked the little things that matter, ie: No wardrobe as such, just a small hanging rail and no drawers to put your smaller items in so we had to keep using the suitcase.
On arrival we had to wait to register as the receptionist was also the bar person and busy serving the "old soldiers" in the bar. (of course we joined them later).
In the main the hotel was clean, tidy and professionally run with extremely polite and helpful staff. I have to make a special mention of the chef who prepared really good food for 80+ people who had arrived for the weekend.

2  Thank Mike A
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Good Afternoon

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

We totally understand your comments and will certainly act on them - positive feedback is invaluable! Thank you so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Quality Hotel Coventry in the near future. Next time please call me and I will ensure you have a room with a wardrobe!!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

i stayed at this hotel for the 2013 air despatch association reunion.
the staff here are very friendly and made all of us welcome and could not do enough for myself and the rest of the ada members.
a good time was had by all , and as you would expect for an army reunion the bar didnt close till the last man standing retired.
well done to all the staff.

2  Thank twoaxes

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your kindness in posting a review on Trip Advisor. We all appreciate both your time and your very welcome kind comments.

The Management and Staff at the Quality Hotel Coventry work hard to achieve great results - it seems as if we got it right again!

We all look forward you back next year!

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here just for one night on a national
Holidays weekend break and were pleasantly surprised when we found ourselves in this hotel.

The hotel was very clean and the reception welcoming and efficient. The room was roomy and well equipped. The tv was large and the tea and coffee was gratefully received. My only gripe was that the walls are very thin and you could hear guests talking in the next rooms. Not much could be done and this is easily solved with ear plugs.

The evening meal was good and my daughter managed all three courses and is usually fussy. The dining room was very nice! The breakfast the next morning was lovely and plentiful and set us up for the day!

The hotel put entertainment on the evening but we did not stay for this but think other guests enjoyed this.

Overall we had a lovely short stsy and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank joanne_kilshaw
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Good Afternoon

I am so terribly sorry for not replying to you sooner..... I somehow missed your very valuable review.

Thank you so much for your kind comments. The staff and management here at the Quality Hotel Coventry and thrilled you had such a great stay!

Please come and see us again in the not too distant future!

Kind regards

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Just returned having spent two nights at this hotel for a get together for about 80+ persons. Our room was a decent size and well equipped for a two night stay. The bed was really comfy, and everything in the room worked ok. The hotel was clean and well looked after. Staff were friendly, courteous and helpful . The food was very good and always hot and plentiful. We did not do any sightseeing but the hotel is conveniently situated for sightseeing.
On the negative side it is not disabled friendly and one would not choose it for the views. We too paid dear for a bottle of wine but I should think that it is the norm rate for a hotel in the area.
Would definitely return and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room with less traffic noise.
1  Thank KATYSouthWales

Good Afternoon

Thank you so much for your kind report on this valuable site.

We really appreciate your kindness and look forward very much to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night whilst we had been visiting Cadbury World. Unfortunately there was no lifts so luggage had to be carried to room. Room was nice and clean but view was of a roof which was full of cigarettes. Dining room was ok but we couldn't sit together as a group which was disappointing. Food was lovely but did have a long wait. They did have entertainment on at night in the bar, sadly I was charged £16 for a very cheap bottle of wine. Found the staff friendly and helpful. Would recommend for a weekend but no longer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen Pablo M
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Good Morning

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I have to inform you that your Tour Coach Operator is fully aware that the Quality Hotel Coventry doesn't have a lift and your Contract is actually with them. Our staff do their upmost to help guests with luggage but this is not part of our remit.

We always go the extra mile and if you were in a group our F&B Manager would sit you together if at all possible; this is rarely a problem. I am aware that there was a delay in meal service; please accept our apologies.

Our house wine is actually £14.95 a bottle; its an excellent wine from a reputable supplier which we have served for some 18 months and, to date, you are the first person to complain.

May I respectfully also mention we have a strict NO SMOKING policy!! It annoys us greatly that our guests disrespect our rules - thank you for pointing this out to us.

Regards

Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband and I visited with David Urquhart tours 19th August until 23rd August. From the entrance to the Hotel there a 3 lots of stairs which are quite steep no disabled access is in view. The hotel room is fine but there is no grab rails in the bath/shower. The beds are well used could do with some memory foam (cheaper than a new bed) to make it more comfortable. The room we had was 36 ground floor, big but there are no drawers at all and no wardrobe just a rail coming out of the wall and only 6 hangers which was not quite suffcient. There is a hair dryer under the dressing table but I found it poor for access. There is also a ironing board and iron which would be handy. The food was not bad but they were a bit mean with the vegetable's 2 half potatoes for dinner, until our driver complained that we should be able to help ourselves to the vegetables, after that we were able to help ourselves to the veg. The staff were really good and attentive except for 1 member. It was a shame that she let the team out but other than that they were excellent nothing was a bother for them. Being fair as long as I was on the ground floor I would stay again. (no lift or disabled access to the second floor)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynda889
Coventryquality, Director of Sales at Quality Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Good Morning

Thank you for your post on this valuable site. We note all your comments.

Your travel company, David Urquhart, are fully aware of our restrictions regarding disabled access and NO LIFT and we, like you, find it frustrating that guests arrive without such information. The building is art deco and there is flat access from the rear of the Hotel together with a disabled friendly WC.

We hope you do revisit us - (come and say hello to me) - thank you too for mentioning our wonderful staff; they work really hard to achieve such nice comments.

Sales Manger